Does Goodbye Really Mean Goodbye?

Stay With Me

-Joon-

"Are you really gonna do this?" GO asked me, looking sad as I tossed my large suitcase on my bed. "Yaa, Joon! Answer me."

I sighed, "You should know better than anyone, GO."

"Joon, are planning on leaving secretly? Without telling her anything?"

Keeping silent, I guessed I answered his question already as he stared at me, looking shock. There was nothing I could do anymore. Even if I can stay, Jiyeon didn't love me, so why would I even want to be here?

Perhaps, she would be happier if I leave. With him.

My heart felt heavy as I tried to imagine the lovely sight of them, walking by the beach, holding hands. Again, I breathed out. That was the only thing I could do to relieve this burden.

Love, why were you so hard on me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jiyeon-

I placed the card on my desk and quickly ruffled through my wardobe to find a  set of colourful marker my brother bought for me last month. I used it before, when making banner for Gikwang.

But it didn't matter 'cause now, I was making use of these markers to confess my love and finally repaid it back to Joon. I smiled at the thought and my heart bloomed like a flower in the morning.

Starting to write, my head went blank. I didn't know what to tell him. There were many things I wanted to tell him but my right hand went numb.

"Think Jiyeon, think." I closed my eyes as I chanted those words. A few seconds later, I found myself smiling like a fool. "Got it!"

I began to write on the red heart-shaped card excitedly. I finally found the words those would truly tell him my actual feeling for him.

[Next day]

My steps felt light as I paced down the pavement, heading towards Ji Eun's house. I was early today, well, I can't help being so pumped up. Hee.

"Ji Eun-ahh! Faster!" I yelled to her bedroom's window. Minutes later, she showed up at her front door, looking slightly irritated as she stomped her feet.

"Unnie." She whined cutely at me. "Why are we going to school so early today?"

So, I told her everything, from A to Z, about my date with Gikwang, how I told him who actually held my heart, and the card that I prepared to confess my real feeling.

"Awwww." She squealed and hugged my shoulder. "Unnie, you're finally figure it out! I'm so happy. Yeah, congratulations to the next hottest couple, Park Jiyeon and Lee Joon!"

Ji Eun lifted her both arms and twirled like a ballerina. I chuckled as she jumped happily. We reached the school and spotted Hyomin and GO between the students.

"Hyomin!" I waved at the love bird and smiled. Hyomin looked at me delightedly, waving back with her right hand while the other hand was tugging to her boyfriend's arm.

I glanced at GO and his expression was rather sad, as if something was happening to him. Something sorrowful. The thought went away as he smiled at me.

Maybe he had a bad breakfast?

"Jiyeon-ah. You looked so eager today. What's going on?" Hyomin poked me.

Smiling shyly, I let out a nervous chuckle. GO couldn't be tell.

"Hyomin unnie. Can we talk with you in private?" Ji Eun asked her while I held her hand.

"Alright." GO laughed. "I understand. No boys allowed."

"Thanks." Hyomin caressed his cheek and he left the three of us alone at the corridor. They looked really cute. I wished one day Joon and I would be like that too. That thought gave butterflies feeling in my stomach.

"What's up?"

I then gushed everything to her as Ji Eun interupted in between my stories to tease me. Hyomin smiled approvingly, showing her white teeth, exclaiming, "That's great, Jiyeon!"

"Let's go and put the card under his desk!" Ji Eun exclaimed and dragged the two of us.

I left the card under his desk carefully and walked out from his classroom feeling anxious. I hope he will read it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Joon-

Shuting the principal office, I headed to my classroom. The students were still in the assembly hall so I took this golden opportunity to clean my desk. As I was putting the books in my bag, I found a red card inside on of the book.

I wanted to read it but I heard the teacher was announcing that students will go to their classroom and start today's learning. Quickly, I stuffed the card into my bag and ran through the back gate.

I don't want to see anyone. Especially her. Just in case, I would change my decision to leave this town if I see her face again.

'Goodbye, Jiyeon. I really love you.' I thought as tears running down my cheek.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jiyeon-

It was break time and I wondered if Joon had read the card. A smile crept over my face and I walked to his classroom to see his reaction.

I stopped as I heard a yell. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

GO held Hyomin's hands and spoke, "I'm sorry but I promised him before."

"GO! How could you do that to me?" Hyomin snapped, attracting some students to glance at them. "To Jiyeon? How could you?"

Eh? Why did she mention my name in their quarrel?

"Hyomin?" I called her name and she turned to me, looking surprised.

"Jiyeon-ahh." She whimpered and hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry, Jiyeon-ah."

"Eh? What's wrong, Hyomin?" I asked Hyomin but she stayed silent in our hug.

"Joon had left." GO opened his mouth to tell me the horrible news.

"WHAT?" I didn't realize I was raising my voice towards the gentle friend. No, this couldn't be true. All of my senses were lying to me now because he can't leave. I need him.

"He's gone now. His father got transfered to Daegu and he decided to follow his family. He could stay here but he refused it since you have choose Gikwang over him, Jiyeon-ah. He really loves you and he couldn't bear watching you with him. That's why he left. I'm sorry."

I broke the hug and walked weakly. Everything those were said by GO kept replaying in my head.

"Jiyeon-ah." Hyomin called me softly but I ignored her.

'He's gone now.' 'You have choose Gikwang over him.' 'He really loves you.' 'He couldn't bear watching you with him.'

Why? Why? Was I too late making the decision to choose him? I hate myself for being stubborn before. Now that he left, it was too late. The fact that I won't be seeing his dork face anymore hit me.

"Unnie? What happened?" Ji Eun came out of nowhere and stood in front of me. I looked at her concerned eyes and suddenly went weak on my knees.

"Unnie!"

"Jiyeon-ahh!"

I covered my face as the pain kept stabbing my heart. No, no, this is not happening. He's still here. In this heart. He's still here. They were lying. They were playing prank on me. I was sure that Joon would jumped from the classroom and screamed, 'SURPRISE!' while the others laughed at me.

Joon, come on. Come out from your hiding. I knew your plan already.

Joon. Joon. Please.

My face was wet. He really had left.

Joon, why couldn't you stay a little longer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be the last chapter of this story :D