The Rush

My Last Mistake

Jessica's POV:

I woke up to the light of the computer. I gently rubbed my eyes and found Yuri typing furiously. She stopped suddenly and sighed. She looked at a piece of paper and touched it lightly. Tears began to roll down her cheek. She quickly wiped them away and said to herself, "Kwon Yuri, don't cry! Fighting!" She made an attempt to smile and continued to type. She stopped and checked the time. I quietly did the same. It was 5:00! How long had she been working? Why was she crying?

She got up and went to the bathroom. I decided to speak to her about this incident.

A few hours later....

"Unnie! Have you seen my purple notebook?" Yuri asked, frantically searching for the notebook around the dorm.

"Aniyo, I haven't. Yuri, you should rest. You seem like you're going to fall apart, if you don't sleep." She shrugged and continued to look. I told her I had to go to a class and she nodded, saying goodbye.

In the afternoon....

"Yeoboseyo?" I said into my phone. My classes had ended for the day and I was content. It was a tiring day.

"Jess, come to Lee Jong Shin Medical Center right away!" Taeyeon unnie yelled into the phone.

"Ne!" I said, running towards the dorm buses."Why though?"

"Yuri has fainted and she seems very sick. So, Tiffany and I took her to the hospital." Taeyeon informed. My eyes grew wide with fear. What if she's not okay? Yah, stop thinking like a pessimist, I told myself.

I climbed onto the bus and quickly grabbed a seat before the bus pulled away from Incheon College for the Arts.

Taeyeon's POV:

"Is she okay?" I asked, worried.

"Well, she's not so great. She has fainted due to lack of sleep and food. Has anyone upset her in the past few days?" The doctor questioned.

I thought. Has she been upset? No, she seemed fine to me.

"No, she seemed fine." I replied.

"Well, okay. She may have to stay here for a week, It's a bit serious. And, can we please contact her parents?"

My lip trembled. " Her-her-" I stuttered.

"Her parents have passed away. She studies alone in Korea, while her grandparents and her brother Jonghyun live in Gyeonggi." Tiffany helped. I smiled at her gratefully.

"I see. Can I inform them?" The doctor questioned.

"No. They don't like it when Yuri is hurt, after what happened to Yuri's parents. We'll take care of her." Tiffany continued.

"Sure. Please be aware that Yuri will be awake around 11am tomorrow. Also, when she wakes up, don't let her hear anything that can hurt her. You don't have to stay here for long. We assure you our nurses will look after Yuri like a daughter. Thank you." The doctor walked out of the hospital room.

"Thanks, Fany-ah. Yuri's parents took care of Yoona like their own daughter when she had to dorm here for high school. They told her parents she could dorm at Yuri's house. That's how they became close." I told her. She nodded.

"Hi! How's Yuri's condition?" Jessica burst open the door. She's so caring and loving. I wish there a guy who was just as caring as she is to her. Then, she would be very happy. And so would I.

"Well, the doctor said that Yuri is not well because of her lack of sleep and food. She has to stay here for a week and she'll wake up around 11am tomorrow." Tiffany said.

"Oh dear." Jessica put her hand to her head. She looked at Yuri and sighed.

"I forgot to tell you Tiffany and Taeyeon unnie, Yuri did not sleep at all last night. I woke up around 4:30am today and found her working. She also cried for some reason, but then said 'Fighting!' and stopped herself. It was strange." Jessica brought up.

I was confused. Maybe she was upset.

"The doctor did ask us if she was upset by someone lately!" I exclaimed.

"Then that means she must have been." Tiffany said. Jessica and I agreed. The room became silent for awhile.

"Hey guys, we should go on. I'll come back tomorrow at 10:30 am." I said. The girls agreed and we walked out.

At College

Jessica's POV:

"Sica, where did you guys go? Where'd Taengoo go?" Onew asked.

"Well, Yuri fainted and we took her to the hospital. She has to stay there for a week or so. She'll wake up aroung 11am tomorrow, so we're going back." I explained for the 5th time. I had already explained to Yoong and Taemin, Sooyoung and Key, Hyoyeon and Seohyun, and Minho.

"Aigoo... that's not good. I'm coming with you guys tomorrow. And where did Taeyeon go?"

I chuckled and said, "She's at our dorm." He nodded and waved goodbye. I sighed. If only I had a boyfriend.

Minho's POV:

I know I'm not supposed to be happy that Yuri's in the hospital, but I am. She'll finally stop annoying me about the project. It's very bothersome. And my teacher said that we'll have an extra week to hand in our project because she's in the hospital! Yay!

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, but I have a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

A few things have changed.

Jonghyun will be playing the role of Yuri's brother and he's currently living with his and Yuri's grandparents. He will be introduced soon.

Sorry I made Yuri be in the hospital. The story will get more interesting soon.

Please read the chapters before this once again, just to make sure you understand what's going on.