Instincts

My Last Mistake

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13...." Suzy counted, staring at the clock.

"Suzy, stop counting so loudly! I'm studying!" Jessica shouted.

"Why are you even counting?" Yoona asked.

Suzy ignored her and continued counting.

"She will be counting until Minho comes home." Tiffany answered.

Yoona widened her eyes.

"Wow, that'll take a while. Suzy, relax, he'll come home soon." Yoona stated.

"Yes, he will." Tiffany nodded.

No one was sure, other than Yuri and Minho themselves, on when Minho would arrive. Minho hadn't been keeping close connections with anyone and Yuri was out of reach. They all trusted that the couple was safe.

~~~

"I will kill Minho when he comes back..."Jonghyun muttered angrily.

Taemin and Key glanced at each other and then at Onew.

Onew smiled and put his hand on Jonghyun's shoulder.

"Jonghyun, just calm down. Yuri is safe."Onew said.

"Are you sure? You usually are wrong when you say that you are sure." Jonghyun mumbled. Taemin chuckled, when Key elbowed him in the shoulder. 

"Don't aggravate Jonghyun hyung." Key whispered.

"Yes, I am sure." Onew replied.

"Yeah, Minho hyung is probably going to come very soon." Taemin backed up Onew.

The doorbell rang and Key went to get it.

"Yuri?" Key gasped. She was back.

"Annyeong! How are you?" Yuri smiled brightly. Key stared at her. Despite her messy attire, she seemed well.

"Yuri, come in. Where have you been? Where is Minho?" Key questioned, leading Yuri to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun immediately noticed Yuri and rushed to her. He wrapped his hand around her tightly and sighed.

"Yah, where did you go without me?" Jonghyun whispered.

Tears began to roll down Yuri's cheeks. The sight of Jonghyun brought pathos and guilt. She never had told him where she went. The pained look on his face, his wrinkled shirt, and his uncombed hair accentuated his worry as to where she was.

"Oppa, I missed you. Minho took me to his house to convince his father that he didn't want to marry Suzy-ssi. Some problems occurred but we solved them." Yuri responded, separating from Jonghyun.

"Yul, are you okay? Where is Minho?" Jonghyun said, touching her cheek. "I missed you so much. Do you know how worried I was about you? Don't leave me ever again."

"Mianhae. I will not. You do not have to worry about me anymore. Minho went to speak to Suzy." Yuri said.

"Jinjja? I hope things go well with the two...." Key frowned.

"Don't worry. Minho has a plan." Yuri smiled, leaning on her brother's shoulder.

~~~

Minho knocked on Yuri's dorm. He knew that he had to explain his love for Yuri to Suzy. However Suzy was overly sentimental. It would be challenging for her to accept this without a fit.

Taeyeon opened the door and gasped. "Minho?"

"Annyeong haseyo. Don't  worry. I left Yuri with Jonghyun hyung for a while. She's fine. Is Suzy here?"

"Yes, she is. Suzy,please come here!" Taeyeon called.

Suzy hurried to the door and squealed when she saw Minho standing in front of her.

"Minho oppa!" Suzy giggled, hugging Minho.

Minho uncomfortably stood still and finally Suzy let go, understanding his discomfort. She frowned and held his arm.

"Uh, Suzy, can we talk outside?" Minho asked. Suzy nodded and followed him outside.

"Suzy...do you know that our wedding is cancelled?" Minho stated.

Suzy remained silent. "Yes. Minho, I do know that our wedding is cancelled."

Minho widened his eyes. She knew?

"Do you know why?"

"Because your father cancelled it."

"Do you know why he did it?"

"Aniyo."

"He did it because I have feelings for someone else."

"M-Minho, what are you saying?" Suzy looked at Minho sternly.

"Its true. I like Yuri, the person you told first that we were getting married."

"Jinjja?" Suzy leaned against the wall and sighed.

"Suzy, I'm sorry. Its just that the days you weren't here with me, I was so melancholy. Did you know that? I thought that my life was over because you were gone. But eventually I got over you and when Yuri came, she seemed a lot like you. She's a sweet, pure girl and I like her. She can also relate to me. I don't think we have many things in common with us. I'm sorry, Suzy. My heart is beating for Yuri."

Suzy stared at the ground for a moment before speaking.

"Minho, I'm sorry. I didn't think of your feelings towards this wedding. I should've known that you would get over me. I guess, I'll just go home now. Yuri is a nice girl. She seems to suit you, I guess." Suzy smiled.

"Are you alright with this all?"

Suzy nodded and gave Minho a thumbs up.

"Thank you so much! You're awesome! Suzy, you'll always remain a good friend, alright?" Minho said.

"Of course! Well, I'll speak to umma and tell her that I'm coming home. Annyeong! See you soon, if I do!"

"Yah, I'll see you off, when your car comes to pick you up." Minho chuckled, walking to his dorm.

His mood had lightened and he felt relieved, removing a burden off his shoulders.

~~~~

Yuri nervously sat on the chair, waiting for Minho. She wasn't sure whether to go to her dorm.

Key and Onew advised her not to go, so she stayed. Jonghyun seemed satisfied with Yuri's presence, so he kept quiet, texting Jessica.

As soon as the doorknob turned, all eyes were on the door.

Minho walked in with an expressionless face. Yuri's spirits dropped, as she noticed his drooping shoulders.

"Minho-yah, what happened?" Jonghyun demanded.

"Suzy agrees to our wedding cancellation!!!" Minho shouted happily.

Yuri grinned and hugged Minho tightly.

He took her face in his hands and touched his lips to her forehead.

"Yah, there are children in the room!!!" Key yelled, pointing to Taemin. Minho turned red and Yuri pushed him away blushing.

"Congratulations, you two." Onew stated warmly.

"Komawo." Minho smiled.

"Minho, take good care of her,alright?" Jonghyun confirmed.

"Yes, sir." Minho assured with a mock seriousness, bringing laughter to the room.

"Hey, shouldn't I go to my dorm and unpack?" Yuri remarked.

"Yes, that's right. Take a shower too. You smell terrible!!!" Jonghyun teased.

"Yah, oppa!" Yuri lightly punched Jonghyun's shoulder.

~~~

"Annyeong Suzy!!! Good luck in America!!" Yuri wished, waving.

The group were giving a farewell to Suzy, as she left for the airport to the United States.

"I'll miss you all!! Annyeong!" Suzy shouted, as the car left.