Meeting Your Rival

My Last Mistake

Minho peeked into the living room to see if Suzy was still there. He couldn't understand anymore. Did he like Suzy or not? Of course, before Yuri came, he would have immediately said yes to his father's proposal. Now, it was either Yuri or Suzy. His mind was leaning more towards Suzy because he believed that Yuri despised him more than anyone, expect maybe Seungri. However, he had no information that Yuri liked him. 

"Minho-ssi? Mr.Choi needs you to be at his office immediately." A staff member said from outside the room. 

"Ne. I'm coming." Minho stood up and followed the staff member to the office.

"Annyeong Minho." Mr.Choi greeted rather cheerfully. 

"What do you need?" Minho asked coldly. He looked around to see Suzy staring at him happily with a suitcase in her hands. Minho widened his eyes. Was Suzy leaving?

"I see you've noticed the suitcase in Suzy's hands. You are going to married to Suzy, so why not start introducing her to your friends?" Mr.Choi said.

"What? How will all my friends come here? And Suzy, can I speak to my father privately?" Minho requested.

Suzy nodded and left the room. 

"Appa, I'm not marrying Suzy right away! I've decided to say okay to your decision." Minho stated.

"Hmm....what about this Kwon Yuri you spoke of?" Mr.Choi questioned.

"Well, she hates me more than anything. So, I'll just say yes to you." Minho looked away. 

"Excellent. Now, you are going to take Suzy to your school. She'll stay with a group of girls in the dorms. And, I've spoken with the school. They are willing to provide studies for her for a month or so." 

Minho nodded. 

"And about Kwon Yuri, forget her. Please. It's for the good of both of us. I've inquired about her. Both parents passed away. Only a brother and grandparents living with her. That's sad. We don't associate with those kind of people."

"Appa, don't say that about my friend!" Minho exclaimed. 

"Arasso. Now, you can go to school for the remainder of the year. Thank you and take care, Choi Minho." 

Mr.Choi stood up and shook Minho's hand.

Minho nodded again and left the office. 

How can I just forget about a girl like you, Kwon Yuri? You mean the world to me. I wish you liked me.  Minho sighed. His love for Yuri was stronger than his love for Suzy because he thought that Suzy had actually passed away, and so he moved on. But he is unable to re-establish the love he once had for Suzy because of Yuri.

~~~~

Suzy and Minho left in a car, driven by one of Mr.Choi's assistants. Minho wasn't in the mood to speak with anyone. However, Suzy failed to understand that.

"Kyaa~! Oppa, I'm so glad we're getting married! I can't wait to tell Fei and Hyorin about this! You know them, right? My two girl best friends!" Suzy squeezed Minho's hand and Minho let go of her tight grasp on him.

Suzy frowned and asked, "Why are you so awkward with me, oppa? Wait, I probably shouldn't call you oppa. Yeobo is better, right?"

So, you don't know about Yuri yet. Minho thought.

"I'm just getting used to you being with me. Listen to me carefully, Suzy. I have to tell you something...." Minho stated. 

"Me." Suzy quieted down, waiting for Minho to speak.

Minho planned to avoid telling his friends about their wedding until the last moment possible. He didn't want to get married, anyway, and pretending it didn't exist  would make him feel better. 

"When we reach the dorms, I will introduce you to my friends as my father's friend's daughter. It's better not to tell anyone about this marriage yet. And don't call me yeobo or oppa. I am Minho." Minho informed.

Suzy nodded and leaned against the window tiredly. Minho smiled in satisfaction. 

~~~~

"Taemin, get the door." Key ordered.

"Yah, stop ordering me around." Taemin whined. But he still went to get the door. His face glowed with happiness when he saw Minho standing at the door.

"Hyung! You're here!" Taemin hugged Minho.

Key, Jonghyun, and Onew at once, rushed to the door. Minho smiled at them and called Suzy in. 

"Annyeong haseyo, Bae Suzy imnida. " Suzy shyly said, looking at the ground. "I'm Op-Minho-ssi's friend. Its nice to meet you all."

Key and Jonghyun stared at Suzy, then each other, open-mouthed. Taemin just stared at Minho.
 
"Annyeong haseyo. Its nice to see you. My name is Lee Jinki, you can call me Onew. That's Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin." Onew smiled politely.
 
Jonghyun recovered and said, "Ne, Annyeong haseyo. Its nice to meet you too."
 
"Um, okay, Suzy, where's your dorm?" Minho spoke after a moment of silence.
 
"Its Dorm 10-J." Suzy replied, reading from a sheet of paper.
 
Minho widened his eyes. Of course Suzy would have the dorm he wouldn't want her to have.
 
"Okay, lets go there then."
 
"Aniyo. I can go on my own. You can rest. Annyeong." Suzy closed the door and left to find her dorm.
 
"Minho-yah,  is she your previous girlfriend?" Jonghyun demanded after Suzy left.
 
"Wait, didn't Suzy die?" Taemin recall, confused.
 
"well, here let me start from the beginning..." Minho began to explain who Suzy was and his whole issue with the wedding.
 
Onew gasped and touched Minho's shoulder.
 
"Minho-ah, we have some news for you."
 
"Sure. You can tell me." Minho said.
 
"Yuri likes you." Key stated frankly.  
 
Minho froze. Did he hear correctly? Yuri liked him?
 
"Ne. Its true. Yuri noona told us after she came back." Taemin said.
 
"Minho, are you okay?" Key asked.
 
"I don't know. Aiish...I'm so confused. What do I do now?" Minho cried, falling onto the chair.
 
The room remained silent. No one was able to send a suggestion, like they usually were.
 
"Lets see. That's all we can do. I'm going to see Yul. Don't worry, Minho. I won't tell anyone about this Jonghyun muttered, leaving the room."
 
Though Minho was unsatisfied with Jonghyun's response of simply reactions to different situations, he knew that's all he can do.
 
~~~
 
Hyoyeon opened the door, as she heard someone impatiently knocking on the door. Sunhwa breathlessly walked into the dorm.
 
"Why are you so breathless?" Jessica asked. 
 
"Because...we are having a new addition to our dorm. I had to tell you guys right away. Her name is Bae Suzy and she'll live here temporarily." Sunhwa said. 
 
Yuri and Seohyun smiled at each other. New people were always welcome to them.
 
"Jinjja? I can't wait to meet her." Hyoyeon gushed. 
 
Sooyoung frowned. "Is Bae Suzy the girl who went to the school last year?" Yoona turned to look at Sooyoung in shock. Maybe she was....
 
"Who's she rooming with?" Taeyeon wondered. 
 
"Uh.... I think it's Sooyoung." Sunhwa said, getting up again. She opened the door to find a girl staring at her shoes nervously." 
 
"Annyeong haseyo. Sunhwa imnida. Aren't you Bae Suzy?"
 
"Ne. I am." Suzy confirmed. She stepped inside carrying her suitcase. 
 
"Suzy-ssi?" Yoona exclaimed, standing up in disbelief.
 
It was the Suzy that was reported to be dead last year. 
 
"Yoona-ssi, I have so much to explain. You see, my father had to claim I was dead for my safety. I left for America. Now, I'm back." Suzy said. The girls turned to each other, realizing that Suzy was Minho's previous girlfriend.
 
Yuri, not knowing that she was going to be dorming with her rival for Minho's love, greeted Suzy warmly and introduced her roommates. 
 
As Yuri was busy with the introductions, Sooyoung snuck aside and began to text Key. 
 
TO: Kibummie
FROM: Sooyoung
 
Yah, guess what? Suzy, Minho's girlfriend, is at our dorm!! No, wait, she is dorming with us!!!!
 
After seeing that Key wasn't replying, Sooyoung sighed.
 
Things had become complicated in a matter of seconds.
 
~~~