Home

My Last Mistake

On the train home....

Yuri soundly slept for the majority of the ride. However, she woke up and found Jonghyun gone. He wasn't sitting next to her anymore. She panicked and looked around the train. She immediately stood up and walked out of the section reserved for Jonghyun and herself and walked to the food car of the train. She looked around and found Jonghyun not there. She walked out and frantically searched in every place she could think of.

Yuri peered into her car to see if Jonghyun had come back. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around.

Jonghyun grinned at her and Yuri was about to shout when Jonghyun pulled her into the car.

"You'll disturb the train with your yelling. Yell all you want here." Jonghyun said, looking out the window and taking a seat.

"YAH! Oppa, where did you go?" Yuri demanded. "Do you know how worried I was?"

"Sorry. I was hungry so I went to the big food car in the front of the train to go get something to eat." Jonghyun explained. Yuri sighed and took a seat, tired from all the running around.

After two hours, the train halted to a stop.

"Oppa, hurry! Hal-abeoji will be waiting!" Yuri exclaimed, grabbing Jonghyun's arm. Jonghyun chuckled at Yuri's excitement and followed her.

"Yuri-ah!!!" A deep male voice called, as Yuri and Jonghyun got  down from the train.

"Hal-abeoji! Annyeong haseyo!" Yuri greeted happily.

"Aigoo...my Yuri has grown so much." Hal-abeoji smiled.

"Ne."

"Jonghyun, how are you?" Hal-abeoji asked turning to Jonghyun.

"Fine." Jonghyun said. The three headed home talking about Hal-abeoji's life at home.

"We're here." Hal-abeoji said, stopping the car.

Yuri got out, smiling at the house that had been her home for 18 years. This was where she fell down the stairs at five years old. This was where she, Yoona, Seohyun, and Jessica used to play all the time. Yuri walked up to the door and knocked twice. In a matter of milliseconds, the door opened.

"Hal-omeoni!! I missed you so much!" Yuri cried, hugging her grandmother tightly.

"Yuri, I missed you, too."  Hal-omeoni said, touching Yuri's cheek.

"How are you?" Yuri asked walking into the house with Hal-omeoni.

"Good. You? How is school? How are your friends? I think their names were Seohyun, Kibum(Key), Taeyeon, Sunhwa, Minho, and I don't remember the others. Ny memory is going away, Yuri." Hal-omeoni laughed. Yuri's smile faded, when she heard Minho's name.

"Yoon-hee, please get me some water." Hal-abeoji said to his wife.

"Ani. Sit down. I'll get it." Yuri offered. She immediately got a glass of water for her grandfather.

"Thank you. Does she do this at the dorms too, Jonghyun-ah?" Hal-abeoji said.

"Ne." Jonghyun laughed.

Suddenly Hal-abeoji and Hal-omeoni became quiet.

"What's wrong, hal-omeoni?? " Yuri asked, worriedly.

"Yuri-ah, Jonghyun-ah. You two are growing up. Jonghyun, you turned 23 this year and Yuri you turned 18 this year. Think about your future and who you want to spend it with." Hal-omeoni said, looking at the two siblings.

"Hal-omeoni, I am planning to be a lawyer. And about my partner, I think I am in love with Yul's friend, Jessica Jung. She's the same age as me. I have no plans in getting married with her. I haven't even told her I liked her." Jonghyun admitted. Yuri gasped.

"I knew you had feelings for Jessica unnie!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Jonghyun, I like where you're headed and if you think we have enough money, then go ahead with this career choice. Yuri, what do you think of your future?" Hal-abeoji asked.

"Well, I want to become an actress. I already have gotten a few offers for small roles in dramas when I first came to the school, but I refused because I didn't think I wanted to be one. I think I do now, though." Yuri put out. 

"Oh, jinjja? That's nice, Yuri." Hal-abeoji said.

"Yuri, do you think you're capable of being an actress?" Jonghyun asked.

"Ne. I was in all our school musicals and plays and everyone liked my acting, right?" Yuri said with confidence.

"Are you sure about this though?" Hal-omeoni confirmed.

"Ne."

"Alright. What about your wedding, Yuri?" Hal-omeoni asked, smiling again.

"Uh...."Yuri glanced at Jonghyun, unable to say anything.

"Hal-omeoni, I think Yuri is too young to be talking about her wedding." Jonghyun said.

"You're right. Alright, we have our future set forth. I'm going to miss you two." Hal-abeoji said, sighing.

"Hal-abeoji, we are not going anywhere. We'll always stay with you." Yuri assured, giving him a bright smile.  Hal-abeoji just stared ahead.

Meanwhile at the Boys' Dorm....

"Its so quiet without Jonghyun hyung!" Key said.

"Ne..." Minho said, absent-mindedly.

"Hey Minho, are you alright?" Key asked.

"Sure."

"Taeminnie!!!Clean this mess up!" Onew yelled from the kitchen. Taemin groaned.

"Tell me the truth." Key asked again, getting closer to Minho.

"Well, you probably know what happened at the girls' dorm and what I said to Yuri before she left." Minho said. Key nodded. "I'm just really anxious on what she's going to say, when she comes back."

"Minho, calm down. Jonghyun will convince her."

"Ani. I don't want anyone to convince her. It's her own decision."

"Alright, I'll see you later, then." Key patted Minho on the back and went to his room. Minho closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.

 

Author's Note:

Hi chingus! Sorry to not have updated in a while!

This chapter was boring....Sorry once again for that!!!

Words you may not know:

hal-omeoni:grandmother

hal-abeoji: grandfather

Thank you for the wonderful comments and for subscribing!