Meet-Up in the Library

My Last Mistake

Yuri’s POV:

Where is Minho these days? I have been asking him to work with me on the biology project for 3 days now. He always says sure and then escapes to some sportsland. It’s getting tiring. Because I do not procrastinate, I started my part of the work. But I think if someone else were my partner, I would be angry with all the excuses they are making. But Choi Minho is something different. I have fallen in love with him, I think. My heart beats faster, when I am near him. That’s a sign of love.

Anyways, it’s the 4th day now and I’m deciding to go to Key oppa’s dorm and asking him to tell Minho to meet me in the library today at 5:00pm. My classes are done for the day, so I head to Minho’s dorm. I knock on the door, spotting that there is no doorbell. Onew oppa opened the door.

“Hey Yuri! How’s life?” Onew oppa asked me in a kind manner. I’ve noticed that Onew oppa is the nicest in our entire group.

“Fine, oppa. Oppa, is Minho busy these days? I’ve asked him for three days to work on our biology project, but he isn’t.” I said.

“I see. Well, this is basketball season, the season Minho really likes along with soccer. So he’s always practicing with T.O.P. I’ll make sure to tell him to come to the library. Can you guys meet there?” Onew suggested.

“That’s what I was thinking. Tell him to meet me there at 5pm. Bye!” I smiled at him and walked out the door.

 

Onew’s POV:

I closed the door as Yuri left. She’s such a hard-working girl. She’ll one day become something big. I’m sure of it. I grabbed my phone from the granite counter and began to text Minho.

 

TO: Minho

FROM: Lee Jinki

 

Dude, Yuri told me to tell you to come to the library at 5pm to work on your biology project. Don’t forget! She’s been waiting for 3 days for you.

 

I sank into the couch and closed my eyes. I was tired.

Minho’s POV:

“Great job, Choi Minho!” my couch said. I smiled and went to the locker rooms. I opened the locker 234 and my phone. There’s strict policy that your phone should always be offed during practice.

I saw that Onew hyung had texted me. When I read his text, I groaned. Didn’t Yuri understand that I had other things to do? I texted Taeyeon noona to tell Yuri that I would be there.

Taeyeon’s POV:

Yuri came into the living room, humming a tune. She seemed especially content today.

“Why are you so happy?” I wondered aloud.

“Nothing.” She smiled at the ceiling and rushed to her room.

“Sooyoung, why is Yuri so happy?” I asked. She shrugged, as she left for her last class of the day.

“Unnie, I’ll tell you.” She gave in.

“What, Yuri-ah? Tell me!!!” I urged.

“Unnie, I like someone! He is pretty close to my ideal type, which I’ll tell you when I tell you who I like. Sica unnie already knows this. I’m not telling you or anyone who I like until we start going out. That will be soon, hopefully.” She excitedly told me.

“Jjinja? Aigoo… you’re growing up so quickly!” I pinched her cheeks as she furiously blushed.

 

Yuri’s POV:

I opened the heavy door to the gymnasium and saw Minho playing basketball with T.O.P. Wow he’s so good…

I walked on the sidelines and sat on the bleachers. I was originally planning to go to the library, but knew that Minho would forget. Suddenly, someone came up to me.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Jung Yonghwa. Do you need any help?” A boy with really pretty eyes questioned.

“Aniyo, I’m here to work on my bio project with Choi Minho.” I pointed to him.

“Minho-yah!” Yonghwa called. Minho looked up at him. “Someone’s been waiting for you.” Minho ran up to Yonghwa and Yonghwa pointed to me. I smiled at him politely. He glared at me and grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to the lockers. He’s so violent!

“Yah! Stop pulling me! I know how to walk.” I yelled.

“Why did you come here instead of the library?” Minho asked, ignoring my comment.

“Because I knew you would forget to come. I was right. It’s 5:23 right now.” I smirked. He stuck out his tongue at me.

“Guys, we’ll practice again tomorrow!” Minho called out to T.O.P and a few other people. “Wait here until I change.” He told me.

A few minutes later, he came out and began walking to the library. I followed his footsteps and made sure not to ask him any questions that may make him angry at me. When we reached the library, we took a table near the computers.

“Okay, Yuri. What have you done? “ Minho asked. I explained to him.

“Yah! That’s it?!?! You act as if you did the entire project by yourself!” He laughed. As if you did something. I stared at him. He isn’t very kind. AT ALL. I don’t understand how our group likes him. I have to ask Sica unnie about this kid.

“At least I did something!” I glared at him.

“Whatever. Now, I think we should do-” Minho was about to say something when someone called my name. I looked up from the paper Minho was drawing a diagram on.I was very interested Minho was saying. He seems very intelligent and focused on what he does. Another quality of my ideal person!

“Annyeong, Yuri-ssi!” Seungri smiled. He was someone from my art class. Very kind, unlike some people....

“Annyeonghaseyo, Seungri-ssi!” I smiled politely at him.

Minho’s POV:

Uggh. Seungri. I DO NOT like Seungri at all. He’s only nice to girls, I’ve noticed. He is my worst enemy. Normally, I wouldn’t mind a little interruption in biology, but when I saw that he walked up to Yuri and I just to talk to Yuri, I was concerned. He has a plan. Though I find Yuri to be absolutely annoying, she’s still my friend.

The two were talking about some art thing and I personally did not care about what they said, until I heard Seungri say, “ Yuri, would you go out with me? I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. Your smile can bright up the world. If not the real world, but it can light my world. I want to be yours, Kwon Yuri.”

Yuri’s jaw dropped. “Seungri-ssi, I cannot. I am not interested in you. Please leave me alone. I’m sorry.” She said. I sighed in relief. She didn’t fall for his trap. Seungri left in a hurry with his head down.

“Okay, should we end our project here?” Yuri asked me.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll do the diagram and you do the rest.” I said, picking up my things. Yuri was going to do more work more than me. That’s okay. I have basketball and she doesn’t. She’ll understand. I rushed out of the library and decided to call Yoona.

Yoona’s POV:

I sat in bed, working on Taemin’s card. I was almost done. I planned on giving it to him tomorrow.

“Yoona, Minho’s on the phone!” Hyoyeon unnie shrieked from the living room. Aiish, that kid’s yelling is unbearable.

“Coming!” I called. I ran out of my room and took the phone from Unnie.

“ Yeoboseyo?” I said into the phone.

“Yoong!” Minho happily said.

“Hi Minho. What’s up?”

“I was wondering if we can meet up soon.” Aigoo… another awkward moment with Minho. I’ve decided to break up with him.

“Umm… sorry. I can’t. Seohyun asked me to help her with her Human Studies homework today.”

“It’s okay. Bye. Got to go.”

“Bye.”

I sighed in relief and went back to my room.

Minho’s POV:

I put down the phone. The only reason I called Yoona is Key mentioned that we haven’t been talking much. I don’t understand why that was even a problem to him. I don’t want to put up with being awkward with Yoona. I want to break up with her. I took out my journal that my mother gave me for my 13th birthday. I’ve been writing in it every day since then.

 

Friday

     I’m planning on breaking up with Yoona soon. I’m not sure when, but soon. I have a reason for breaking up with my girlfriend of 2 years.

 

What was that reason? Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there stood Taeyeon noona and Jessica noona.

“Hey Minho-ah. Is Onew here?” Taeyeon noona enquired, flashing her pearl white teeth at me.

“Aniyo, he’s at the café.” I answered.

 I don’t understand the two. Why don’t they just go out? They act like couples. Actually, I hope they don't. Taeyeon unnie is too good for Onew hyung, I think. No offense.

I waved and said, “Noona, would you like to wait here for Onew hyung?”

“Aigoo.. you’re so kind, Minho.” She ruffled my hair and I shined my brightest smile at her. We talked about a few things and how things were going with basketball. We also talked about our group.

“So, what do you think of Yuri?” Noona asked.

“She’s okay, I guess.”

“She’s okay? Come on, Minho. She’s the sweetest girl ever.”

“Oh. Well, I don’t know her too well. She seems way too energetic.” I didn’t want to tell Noona I thought Yuri was irritating because I was afraid to see what she would say.

“Oh.” Taeyeon Noona smiled when she saw Onew hyung at the door. She ran up to him and exclaimed, “ Where were you?”

“Working on my history project at the café. I thought you would be there, so I went there.” Onew supposed. The two went off to the kitchen talking.

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong!^^

 

I wrote a lot, didn't I? Got a little carried away...

 

Wow, Seungri already confessed to Yuri. But Yuri said no. Poor Seungri. Stay tuned for updates!