A Nice Day

My Last Mistake

Yuri opened her textbook to a chapter and began to read. She maybe on a break but it didn't mean she could stop studying for her exams. It helped her distract herself from Minho. Minho on the other hand, yearned for Yuri like a desert desires for water. He missed her presence and her smile. 

"Hyung, do you know where my phone went?" Taemin questioned. 

"Ani, I don't. Check in the kitchen." Minho replied absent-mindedly. "Onew hyung, when is Jonghyun coming back?!"

"He should be coming back with Yul, on Thursday." Onew said. Minho sighed in frustration and went to the calendar to see when Yuri was coming back. 

3 days.... Yuri-ah, please accept me. Minho thought. The doorbell was heard and Onew went to get it. There stood a tall, fairly handsome man looking stern and unwelcoming. 

"Annyeong haseyo," Onew greeted nervously. "How may I assist you?" 

"Fetch me Choi Minho." The man demanded.

"Why? If you mind me asking..." Onew questioned. 

"None of your business. Choi Minho knows me and that is all you need to know." The man declared fearlessly. He checked his watch and tapped his foot on the pavement impatiently. 

"Ne. Minho-ssi....someone's waiting for you here..." Onew called.

Minho walked towards the door, wondering who it could be. He instantly frowned when he saw who it was.

"Ah...there you are...Choi Minho...please come with me. We have something to discuss. Privately..." The man said coldly, eyeing Onew and Taemin. 

"No. I refuse to come." Minho stared blankly at the ground. 

"Well then...I guess we'll learn this hard way...." The man began. Minho, once staring at the ground with no fear, showed some intimidation now. 

"Excellent. Bring your things. We're going." Minho headed to his room and stuffed his bag with clothes. Onew and Taemin watched on speechlessly.

"Guys don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Annyeong." Minho patted Taemin's shoulder and left. 

As Minho left, Taemin began to speak.

"Hyung, what in the world just happened?"

"To sum it up, who I'm assuming is Minho's father came and took Minho away, forcefully." Onew sighed.

"Aiish. Minho hyung's life is so confusing!" Taemin exclaimed, taking a seat.

~~~~~

"Aigoo...my legs hurt, hal-omeoni. Can we stop for a few minutes?" Yuri pleaded. The family had gone hiking together and it was getting to be a little tiring for Yuri.

"Yah, you're younger than all of us. You should be filled with energy." Jonghyun said, ruffling Yuri's hair.

"Oppa!!!!" Yuri shouted, hitting Jonghyun on the shoulder.

"Jonghyun-ah, lets take a break. My legs hurt as well." Hal-abeoji said, taking a seat on a large rock. Jonghyun obeyed and looked at the arrangement of leaves fallen from the trees and the mud that was created from the late night rainfall.

"Yuri-ah, remember that time when you played in the mud because I told you I would give you 100 won if you  did?" Jonghyun laughed.

"Yah! 100 won was a lot to me when I was a kid!" Yuri tried to sound angry, but she couldn't as her silly bet had blocked the anger from entering. She began to laugh so hard, that she was shaking.

Jonghyun smiled at how happy his little sister was. He had never seen her this happy since he had first came to her school.

"I remember telling Minho and Taemin this. They were rolling on the floor. How funny they thought you were...." Jonghyun continued before quieting down when he realized he mentioned Minho.

Yuri's laughter faded away and she looked away.

Hal-omeoni gave Jonghyun a look, thinking that Yuri was upset that Jonghyun told her friends about this.

"Okay, we're starting again." Hal-abeoji announced, bringing himself to his feet.

Yuri nodded and stood up.

~~~

Once the hiking ended, Yuri quietly whispered to Jonghyun, "Its okay for mentioning his name. I forgive you. Today was a good day. Lets not ruin it." She gave Jonghyun a quick hug.

"Yuri, you're the best!" Jonghyun shared.

"I know I am!" Yuri chuckled as she walked into the house with Hal-abeoji.

~~~~

Over the days, Yuri was filled with happiness and laughter, without a single thought about Minho. She had completely forgotten about Minho and his confession. Hal-omeoni had  noticed something however. She suspected that her granddaughter was hiding something. It was difficult to find the right time to ask her what was wrong though.

~~~~~

Minho was led into a large mansion, twice the size of his school and was dragged into a room that had pictures of him as a child.

"Choi Minho, you will remain here until further notice. Thank you." The man, who had taken Minho back at the school, said.

Minho scowled and said, "Why do you call me Choi Minho every time you speak to me? I'm just Minho!"

"Sorry, son. I like to be professional." The man, now known to you as Minho's father, revealed. Minho rolled his eyes and sat down on his bed.

"Well, then stop it." Minho demanded.

"I'm sorry, Minho-ah."

"Sorry doesn't work anymore with me. Maybe it did when you and umma were together."

"Minho, please rest. I have work. We have a few things to discuss later. Feel free to ask for anything. Just ring the bell." Minho's father pointed to a small white box with a single buttion attached to the wall.

Minho became tense and said, "I already told you about the company business."

"It's not about the company Choi Minho!!! Now, go rest." Minho's father said harshly.

Minho sighed once again, and laid on his bed thinking.

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong! Sorry for not updating in a while! How's the story coming along? :)