The New Girl

My Last Mistake

* Note: The entire story will be told from a character's P.O.V.

 

Minho's P.O.V.

   "Minho hyung! Look! You're number 1 in high jumping, the long jump, the 100 yard dash, and practically everything! Wow!" Taemin said,  showing me a sheet of paper with last week's sports event's results on it. He looked at me with such admiration. Aigoo... he's so cute....

    "Really? That's awesome!" I played along with his excitement, even though I had already seen the results a few days ago. In the distance, I spotted a light pink vest. Key.

    "Yes...Yes...Yes. Umma! She's a girl! Not a monster. She's very pretty. Jinja? Thank you so so much! I'll confess today afternoon!" Key was talking on the phone, as he walked toward us.

    "Minho-ya, Taeminnie, Umma approved of Sooyoung! I sent her a picture and described her and everything. Now, I have to go confess to Sooyoung now. I can't wait any longer." Key exclaimed, about to leave us.

   "Hyung, wait! Sooyoung noona said she has something to tell you today at 2pm. Meet her at the courtyard." Taemin stopped Key, trying to hold back a giggle. Everyone knew they liked each other, except Sooyoung and Key themselves. Sooyoung noona had told us that she was confessing to Key today. What a surprise it will be for Key!

   "Okay. Fine. See you later, I have to go to class now." Key scurried to the school building.

   Where is Yoona? It's 7:00 am! She should be here, I thought.  She's been my girlfriend for 2 straight years. But lately, we haven't been seeing other much or even talking. I didn't really mind, for some odd reason.

   "Hyung! It's getting warmer! Let's go inside." Taemin urged. He took of his uniform jacket and held it in his hand.

   "You go. I'll wait for Yoona." I said, worriedly. What if something happened?

   "Minho! You should go inside. It's getting hot." Taeyeon unnie said to me, smiling and out of breath. She was on her daily morning jog.

  "Aniyo, I need to wait for Yoona." I shyly admitted.  She laughed, ruffled my hair, and continued her jog. I love it when she ruffles my hair.

 

Yuri's P.O.V.

I tied my medium-length, pin straight hair up and then dragged my suitcase filled with clothes to my new school. Suddenly, my purse slid off my shoulders, and I bent down to pick it up.

As I was picking it up, a shadow blocked my view. A girl with chin-length hair and very long legs smiled at me.

   "Annyeong, my name is Choi Sooyoung. I've been going to Genie High School for a while now. What's your name?" She said.

   "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Yuri. Kwon Yuri. I transferred to this school because of my father's work." I stated with a smile.

   "Oh. My friends will like you. You're very pretty, by the way. You should become a model. Anyway, how old are you?"

   "I'm 18, turning 19 in December."

  “You're younger than everyone! Except Seohyun and Taemin. Come on. Let’s go to my friends and-”

“Wait!” I stopped Sooyoung unnie. “I have to check in and get my dorm.”

“Oh right! I am so dumb. I’ll take you to the admission office.” She grasped my wrist tightly and led me to a glass building. She opened the lightweight doors and immediately cool, air-conditioned air touched me. It felt nice after standing in the bristling sun for so long, waiting for my bus to the school.

Sooyoung took me to the front desk and I began to say, “Kwon Yuri is here to be admitted into Genie High School.”

“Ah, here you are,” the secretary said. “ We have everything ready for you. Your father came yesterday and filled out all the necessary forms, so all you need is your dorm. Choi Sooyoung, how many people are in your dorm?”

“ 8 people including me, seon-saeng-nim.” Sooyoung unnie replied.

“I see. Okay, Miss.Kwon. You will be dorming with the following people: Kim Taeyeon, Han Sunhwa, Hwang Mi-Young also known as Tiffany, Jessica Jung, Kim Hyoyeon, Choi Sooyoung, Im Yoona, and Seo Joo Hyun or Seohyun. I assure you that all the girls are lovely people, even though they get in trouble once in a while, like Miss.Trouble Maker here.” The secretary said, pointing to Sooyoung. Sooyoung smiled innocently.

“Kamsahamnida. Let’s go Unnie!” I happily said. I was glad to have made a friend so quickly.

“Yes.”

We walked outside and into another glass building.

“These are where the girls’ dorms are. The guys’ dorms are on the other side of the campus.” Sooyoung unnie explained, as I looked around the hallways. “Yuri-ah, tell me about yourself.”

“Well, I love to sing and dance. Especially dancing. I love to play pranks on people, so watch out. I love to cook for others, even though sometimes I don’t do it correctly. I am very quiet at first, but then I slowly come out of my shell. Like now, you see how I wasn’t talking much before? Now I’m chattering on and on. I’m also very optimistic!” I spoke.

Sooyoung unnie chuckled and began, “Aigoo! Everyone will love you. You are just too amazing. And some of us need your optimism, like Yoong. She gets very pessimistic sometimes.”

 

Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

Knock knock. Someone’s here, I thought. I ran to our door and opened it. There stood a tall and pretty girl with Sooyoung. She was holding a suitcase, so maybe she was going to share the dorm with us!

“Unnie! Meet Kwon Yuri! She’s going to be living with us from now on. Yuri, this is Taeyeon unnie.” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“ Hi Yuri. My name is Kim Taeyeon, as Sooyoung said. I am the oldest here, so I take care of everyone here. You’re so pretty. Come on. You can take your luggage to Sica’s room.” I said, leading her to Sica’s room.

“ Annyeonhaseyo, unnie. You’re pretty, too. You seem really nice.” Yuri quietly stated.

“ Aigoo… you’re so quiet.” I laughed.

“ Aniyo, she’s just shy. Once she comes out of her shell, she’s more talkative than Hyoyeon unnie.” Sooyoung uttered.

“Yah!” Yuri lightly hit Sooyoung on the shoulder.

“Sica, look who’s here.” I tapped Jessica on the head lightly and she looked up from her phone.

Jessica’s POV

“YUL?”  I shouted.

“Sica unnie!!!! It’s been so long!” Yuri exclaimed, as she ran to me with a big hug.

“What just happened? You know each other?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yeah… you seem like you’re BFFs!” Taeyeon unnie cried.

“Ne! We almost are. We met when Sica first came from America. I helped her with Korean when she came to my school. Then I had to move, so we lost touch. Now we meet here.” Yuri happily announced.

“ Wow… what a great story..” Sooyoung verbalized. Yuri chuckled and smiled brightly.

“Okay, so now that you know each other. Go talk, okay? Sooyoung and I have to go to class. Bye!” Taeyeon unnie ruffled Yuri’s hair and left with Sooyoung.

“Wait, we do?!?!” Sooyoung asked, confused.

I wonder what was up with them.

“Unnie, you changed so much! You dyed your hair blonde! Wow, you look gorgeous! Or should I say GorJess? Ke ke ke…” Yuri articulated, slowly unpacking her stuff.

“Yah! You changed even more! You’ve grown so tall! You’re almost as tall as Sooyoung unnie. She’s the tallest in our dorm. You’re so pretty! You know, Yoona unnie is here, too! Practically, all of our friends joined this school! Key oppa, Yoona unnie, me, Seohyun, and you! What a great group we were! But now, I think we’re even better. I’ll introduce you to everyone once they come back from classes. I get to skip today, because I got my results today. The day you get your results, you don’t have to attend classes.” I said.

“ Jinja? Key oppa, Yoona, and Seohyun-ah are here too!! Wow…. This is awesome. I can’t wait to meet everyone!” Yuri replied.

Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

“Unnie, why did you say we have classes? We got our results today!” Sooyoung questioned impatiently.

“Pabo! I want to introduce everyone to Yuri, so I’m going to text everyone to meet us at our dorm in the afternoon. Okay?”

“Unnie… I can’t today.”

“Wae, Soo?”

“Umm…… I’m confessing to Key today afternoon at 2pm.”

“Aigoo… somebody’s growing up!!!! Okay, we’ll meet at 5pm then, okay?

“Yea! See you unnie! I want to go get something to eat!”

“Yah, you just ate, an hour ago!” Sooyoung left.

Now, all I had to do was text everyone.

TO: Dubu, Key, Minho, Taeminnie, Yoong, Hyo, Seo, Sun, Fany, GorJess

FROM: Taeyeon

Hey Guys! We have a new member to our dorm. Her name’s Kwon Yuri. Key, Yoong, and Seohyun-ah, you guys might remember her from somewhere. Sica, you already know about Yuri. Meet me at our dorm at 5pm sharp. Don’t be late. I want to introduce you guys to her. She’s one of the smartest and happiest people I’ve ever met! She’s pretty, too. Just saying, Minho-ah.

I sent the text in relief.

To: My Love

From: Onew

   Taeyeon-ah, I look forward to meeting Kwon Yuri. See you at 5! The guys are coming too, btw.

 

Jessica’s POV

I saw the text from Taeyeon unnie and smiled. This will be good for Yuri to make even more friends.

"Who was that?" Yuri asked me.

" Just some advertisement." I assured her.

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong!

What do you think so far? Comment please on suggestions! By the way, Seungri won't come into the story for a while. Sorry, but that's the way the story goes.