Tension

Titans

“So what now?” Kris turned to ask Tao. Everyone one had gotten up and began mingling around the dorm.

“What do you mean 'what now'?” Xiumin said leaning against Chen’s back with his hand around his left shoulder.

“Like…what do we do now?” Kris asked.

“We do whatever we want,” Tao said while Chen playfully pushed Xiumnin off him. The two seemed close which made Kris a little jealous of their friendship. He wished maybe him and Tao could get that close.

“Well…what is there to do?” Kris questioned. He could see Tao was more focused on avoiding Xiumin’s and Chen’s play fight rather than his questions. Suddenly, Kris felt a cold stare and met eyes with Luhan, who simply grinned at him.

“You can do anything that doesn’t include leaving the dorm. I’m going to go read in our room. You’re welcome to join me if it gets too noisy out here.” Tao gave him a pat on the shoulder before disappearing behind him. Our room. Those words echoed in Kris’s head.

“Don’t mind Tao too much. He’s a bit of a loner. Anyway, we have some videogames if ya want to play any,” Xiumin invited.

“Sure, why not,” Kris said. He had to get used to only listening to their voices and not looking at their lips, which didn’t match their lips. Kris followed Xiumin into a giant living room full of the other rowdy members. He sat down a while and watched Kai and D.O. playing an intense game of Mortal Kombat. Everyone was cheering on the underdog, D.O. because Kai usually hogs the Play Station to himself. Something in Kris’s mind just kept pulling him back to wondering what Tao was doing alone. Why would Tao chose to be alone when he can hang out with all these people? Maybe I should check on him…

“Hey Kris, you wanna play?” Kai broke his deep thoughts. He hadn’t realized that D.O. had lost the round and re-entered reality during the loud booing from the other members.

“Um…nah, I’m good actually.” He got up and was about to head back to his (and Tao’s) room.

“Tao is probably reading. He isn’t big on big crowds or loud noises,” Luhan said suddenly.

“I was going to check on him…”

“He likes to be by himself,” Luhan said, looking at the screen where a brave Baekhyun had decided to challenge the King (Kai).

“I’ll be back” Kris gave a fake smile. Just what is he trying to get at? Kris thought before realizing that Luhan could read his thoughts. Not that he cared too much, because he wanted to let Luhan know he was agitating him a little.

“What am I trying to get at? I’m saying leave him alone, that’s what I’m trying to get at,” Luhan almost shouted. Everyone froze at the comment and realized the tense situation unfolding in front of their eyes.

“Why?” Kris said, emphasizing the slight frustration in his voice.

“You know what, never mind, go check on him, lover boy!” Luhan snapped.

“What? What the hell!” Kris shouted, his face becoming bright red because he definitely wasn’t the type to like men.

“Go!” Luhan shouted back and waved him away.

      What is this guy’s problem? Kris thought to himself as he stomped back to his room. When he entered, he accidently slammed the door behind him. Tao was shocked by the sudden noise and quickly sat up in the top bunk.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to—"

“Making enemies already?” Tao smiled slightly.

“Well…no. I mean he just tried to start something with me.”

“Are you sure it wasn’t the other way?” Tao put his book down and rested his hand and chin on the safety bar (the one they use so you don’t roll off the bed).

“Yeah, he just-"

“Just?”

“He was just rude to me for no reason.” Kris sighed.

“Don’t let what they say bother you too much.” Tao crawled down the short latter to sit next to Kris on the bottom bed. “You want a massage?” Tao happily offered.

“Sure…” Kris said. Tao instructed him to lie face down. He followed the order… then something weird happened. Tao straddled Kris’s hips and sat himself on Kris’s .

“What are you doing?!” Kris blushed.

“It’s easier to massage people if you sit on them.” Tao giggled, knowing the other might be having other, more erted thoughts. Kris wasn’t going to lie, the stress of the sudden situation did make him really tense, and Tao was good with his hands (for the back massage, you dirty people).

“So…uh… do you not like everyone here or something?” Kris asked after a few moments of silence had gone by since he thought it might get awkward if it was quiet for too long.

“It’s not that I don’t like them, I’m just really shy. I hide it well, but the other members think I either hate them or I’m anti-social.” Tao blushed.

“Really? Then why aren’t you shy around me?”

“I’m not sure. You’re just different. Plus I took care of you since you were unconscious for three days, so I feel like I know you more.”

“Three days?!” Kris almost sat up, but he couldn’t with Tao’s weight holding him still.

“Don’t try to get up so quickly!” Tao nagged. “They hit you on the head pretty badly… Speaking of which, it should be about time to change your bandage,” he said checking the clock on the wall. Tao got up and shuffled around in the top drawer of one of the blue dresser before returning next to Kris with a roll of gauze and wrap.

“At least the swelling has gone down,” Tao commented to himself while gingerly removing the previous head wrap.

“Gone down?” Kris asked.

“Yeah, when they dropped you off, your head was super swollen. I’m glad they gave us a small first-aid kit.”

“Hey Tao, is Luhan always like this?” Kris suddenly asked.

“Hm? Eh, no. He just has his moments,” Tao responded as if he knew exactly what type of attitude Kris was referring to. He carefully placed the new gauze against the older’s forehead and wrapped it.

“I see…”

“Done.” Tao declared, placing a clip to hold the wrap on Kris’s head.

“What?”

“You should go out there and apologize. I don’t care if it’s not your fault, a small apology goes a long way,” Tao said trying to drag the older to his feet.

“I won’t unless you come with me,” Kris pleaded. The corners of Tao’s lips slowly dragged downward. He thought about it for a moment. “Please?” Kris added.

“Fine,” said with his eyes still pointed downward. He didn’t look too thrilled about leaving the comfort of their room. Kris quickly interlocked their arms and headed down the hallway.

“You’re back? And you brought Tao with you?” Baekhyun said when the two entered the room. Tao hid behind Kris. Chanyeol gave him a light slap on the back of the head.

“What he meant was we didn’t think you’d return. Don’t take what Luhan says to heart, alright?” Chanyeol nudged Luhan.

“Yeah.” Luhan said quietly, skeptically examining the two who had returned arm in arm.

“We’re like a family, sometimes it gets tense though since all 12 of us are confined in a small dorm” Lay added.

“I’m sorry if I’ve caused trouble on the first day.” Kris said, remembering Tao had told him to apologize anyway. A loud “AWEE” came from the crowd of boys and the two were quickly invited to sit down and watch as everyone was challenging Kai at different video games to win the “King” title. Both sat down on the floor since the couch as overstuffed with boys. Luhan was even sitting on Sehun’s lap to avoid sitting on the floor. Kris realized his arm was still interlocked with Tao’s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note: Yay Taoris <3 I can’t believe it’s only been two days and I’ve uploaded 4 chapters. I’m writing like crazy for you guys >< anyway, for a minute there you thought things were going to get dirty between them didn’t you? Haha so did Kris~ I actually think it shouldn’t be called Taoris because Tao isn't manly enough to top XD My friend and I think iot should be WuTao (Wu Fan is Kris’s real name). I thought of a bunch of ideas. Another one was FanTao, so now I say FanTaostic instead of Fantastic~ Wow FanTaostic baby dance OOH OOOHH.

*Ahem*  Anyway, I’m debating if I can squeeze another chapter out or if I should go to sleep now. OH special shout out to Fee-fi-fo-fum for being my first and only commenter so far. I’m so lonely TvT does no one love me?