That's Enough

Titans

Kris flipped on the TV. His eyes widened at the sight. He quickly flipped through the channels, searching for a different program, but they all showed the same thing. Suho and Kai were selected to fight. Kris furiously pressed on the power button to turn the TV off, but it refused his command. He even tried manually pushing the power button on the TV and unplugging it from the wall but the damned thing was still running somehow.

… After a good ten minutes, he gave in and just sat on the couch. Kris figured he might as well watch it, no matter how painful it’d be. For some reason, something looked off in the way they moved and fought. It looked… fake? The two looked like they were forcing their actions too much. Kris had been so enchanted by the feign actions, constantly questioning what was really going on and whether or not it involved Luhan’s “plan," that he didn’t notice the soft howling.

Kai was constantly teleporting around Suho, taking jabs at him with a spear he’d picked up. Poor Suho could only defend himself with water, and today was an unusually dry day. Nervously, Kris held his stomach and bit his lip. Suho managed to land a punch on Kai, but Kai got him back twice as hard. He couldn’t imagine the dorm without their fatherly figure Suho or how devastated D.O. would be if Kai was killed. These deaths were starting to mess with Kris’s mind. He’d dream of so many fights, occurring with multiple people after they were over, but they’d all be different and more bloody and violent. Like one night he’d see himself, Tao, and Luhan all fighting each other at once. He couldn’t see the future, right?

Kris suddenly snapped back to reality when he saw a spear pierce Suho’s stomach. He gasped when he realized Suho had forcefully gotten himself struck. Kai fell back in horror as he watched Suho smirk. The elder ripped the spear out of his body and crouched next to the younger, ignoring the excessive blood rushing out of his stomach.

“Suho-hyung! You’re bleeding badly!” Kai tore a piece of his pants to try and cover the wound.

“Sssshhh, Kai; it's okay.” Suho calmly patted the other on the back.

“NO, HYUNG! IT’S NOT OKAY. YOU’RE BLEEDING!” Kai shouted.

“Don’t worry. Everything will be alright soon. I promise.” His face slowly contorting into a painful expression.

“NO, DAMN IT. You can’t promise something that isn’t true.” Kai hugged Suho tightly.

“I’m going to be with Lay again so that doesn’t matter,” Suho said weakily.

“No, no, no, no, no, no. Suho-hyung, don’t do this to me! Please!” Tears escaped his eyes, “Please, hyung.” his voice cracked.

Suho chuckled softly and ran his hand through Kai’s hair. He gave Kai a small eye smile before collapsing into the younger’s arms. His breathing slowly shortened and his body heat was escaping away. Kai held the body tightly and sobbed.

Behind him, Kris heard a cry behind him. D.O. had been standing behind him. His eyes grew wide and he quickly wiped away his own tears. Kris pressed the power rapidly but received no response from the TV once again. D.O.’s face morphed into a distorted look of sadness to morn another loss.

“Suho-hyunggg.”

“D.O., you shouldn’t have—“ Kris was interrupted by and instant replay of the event.

“He’s gone.” D.O. collapsed to his knees.

“Just calm down.” Kris tried speaking over the TV and stood to block the screen.

“You saw it too, Kris; don’t pretend it didn’t just happen!” D.O. shouted.

“AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” Kris slammed the TV into the floor in frustration. Bits of the screen’s glass shattered across the floor. D.O. jumped back in fright. He barked at Kris, reverting back to his unstable condition. All the work Luhan had done to help D.O. had just been wasted.

“Shut up! I know already.” Kris bit his lip, “I know,” he growled.

D.O. just simply barked again, not as harshly this time. He was sitting like a dog as well.

“I’m sorry, D.O. I didn’t mean to yell… or break the TV.”

D.O. was silently staring at him.

“Just go back to your room while I clean this up. The others will probably be really upset at me since now we can’t watch TV or movies,” Kris ranted to himself. “I am sorry I got angry. I just… you were doing so well, standing and talking and the TV was just really loud and I… I’m sorry.”

D.O. nodded before abruptly leaving the scene. Kris sighed as he cautiously picked up the individual shards of glass that had spread across the floor. D.O. returned standing upright with a broom and dust pan in his hands. Kris was shocked he was walking normally. Maybe D.O. will be okay after all?

 That was thought before D.O. sat like a dog again. Close enough. At least he isn’t barking anymore. As if on cue, D.O. yapped at Kris and pointed to the kitchen.

“Are you hungry?” Kris asked. D.O. nodded.

 “Can it wait until after I get this cleaned up? I have to hurry before everyone gets home.”

D.O. sat on his bottom and pretended to play a piano. At first Kris was extremely confused by this, but he soon realized D.O. was bending the minerals in the glass to his will. The shards came together in a perfect rectangle and Kris moved the TV back into place. The glass was placed back into the TV, perfectly refurbished.

“I thought we couldn’t use our powers in the dorm.” Kris frowned, thinking about if his wings were too big to be unveiled in the tiny space. D.O. barked again.

“Maybe it’s because everyone is too busy watching over the others,” Kris thought aloud. His quiet time was interrupted by the front door opening. The group gathered in the living room and Kris greeted his crying panda. Tao hugged Kris tightly and hid his face into the older’s shoulder.

Everyone looked at Kris with sad eyes. He nodded in acknowledgement. He’d seen the entire thing on TV. Everyone scattered into their rooms to mourn individually. Kris let Tao head back first. He was left alone with only Luhan and D.O.

“Was he a good boy?” Luhan asked, bending down to pet D.O. but D.O. scampered away and cowered behind Kris’s leg.

“Yeah. He was actually standing up before…”

“You don’t have to tell me Kris, I already know. You broke the TV. So now D.O. is a bit shaken up…” Luhan frowned. Luhan held his hand out to D.O. like a young kid would to a stray dog. But D.O. refused to approach the elder. Luhan furrowed his brow. Suddenly D.O. hesitantly started motioning towards him.

“You’re not controlling him, are you?” Kris asked.

Luhan snapped back to reality and D.O. rushed away to the bathroom and locked himself in.

“What the hell was that about? You can control people?!”

“Yeah, so? I have the power of mind-control. I can force people to bend to me will.” Luhan smirked.

“You haven’t… you haven’t been controlling the fights have you?!” Kris gasped.

“Maybe.”

Kris grabbed Luhan’s collar. “You little piece of . You disgust me. Why would you do something so low?” Kris felt his body freeze. He couldn’t move on his own will.

“Call me anything you want, but I’m not the bad guy here.” Luhan stared indifferently.

“Then who the hell is?”

“Your father.”

“You’re just as low as him if you’ve been rigging the results. I just can’t believe this.” Kris felt his body being forcefully relaxed.

“Kris, you don’t even understand what’s really going on, you ignorant little child!” Luhan shouted.

“Yeah, you’re right. I have no clue because no one ever bothers to tell me anything!”

“I could make you break your own arm or become mentally insane like D.O. I could make anyone like that, but I haven’t. Why? Because I’m one of the good guys!”

“Bull! You’re probably the one that made D.O. like that,” Kris yelled.

“Stop accusing me of stuff I didn’t do. You can’t act like this, Kris. I’ve tried so hard to keep you on the right path this time. You really REALLY have no idea.  Please, for the sake of peace and harmony, stop.”

“It isn’t an accusation if you actually did it.” Kris began to storm off but his body suddenly froze.

Luhan walked up to him, “Yeah, I’m being a , but for good reasons. I promise. I know there are a lot of promises floating around lately. Let me just tell you they’re all true. You want to know the truth? I’ll tell you if you can keep your mouth shut.” Luhan smirked.

“That’s enough Luhan.” Tao had been warned about what was going on by D.O.’s loud barking outside his door.

“I want to know,” Kris stated.

“See? He wants to know! Why don’t we just tell him already?”

Tao slapped Luhan’s face roughly. “I said, that’s enough.”