Discovery

Titans

The remaining group of six were rushed home and told that they’d been given a couple of days of free time, meaning they could request to venture outside their dorm again. Upon arriving, Luhan suddenly vomited on the door step. Kai and Chanyeol carried him to his room and putting the sick one to bed before departing to their own respective rooms.  Kris was followed by Tao back to their room. Upon entering the room, Tao fell to his knees and Kris helped the younger to his bed.

“Still not completely recovered?” Kris asked wearily.

“Yeah, I’m still sick,” he sighed. “But, Luhan must be in worse condition than I am.”

“You helped me today. How did you…?”

“You’ll have to thank Luhan for all of that. Somehow, he was able to connect my consciousness with yours. It’s no wonder why he’s so il;, I can’t imagine how much power that drained out of him. But, on the bright side, I got to fly!” Tao smiled.

“But Tao, that’s cheating. You can’t fight all my battles for me.” Kris wrapped his arms around the younger, “I appreciate it, but you can’t just do that.”

“I’m sorry. I just don’t want you have to ever deal with that sort of guilt.” Tao’s eyes filled with remorse.

“But I killed him, not you.” Kris’s voice wavered.

“No, I was controlling you. Kris, there is something I want you to know about my past.” Tao pulled away to examine the other’s expression. “I was trained to be a merciless killer. It’s in the past now, something I’m not proud of, so I want to protect you from that darkness if I can.”

“You… you were what?”

“My grandfather trained me in Wushu and Tai Chi. He was so cruel to not only me, but my parents. Originally, the main reason we left China was because of him and used my education as an excuse. In this timeline though he was diagnosed with cancer so we never had to leave.”

“I see…”

“Actually, when I told you before about how my powers were discovered, it was because my mom and I were going to run away. So, one of my grandfather’s men pushed her because then I’d be forced to live with him and continue my training. Anyway, the point is that I want to protect you from bad things if I have the ability to.”

Before Kris could speak, there was a knock at the door. D.O. and Kai entered with good spirits.

“Hey guys,” D.O. grinned. “I’m thinking of putting a request to go outside tomorrow, would you guys be interested in that?”

“Yeah,” Kris and Tao approved. The two others nodded before quietly exiting while whispering, “Carry on~”

Tao laid in Kris’s lap and allowed the other to play with his hair. “I have a bit of a headache,” Tao frowned.

Kris bent forward to lightly brush his lips against the younger’s temple. “I don’t have healing powers but I hope that helps.”

“It didn’t work. Try kissing me again.” Tao rolled onto his back to face Kris.

“If it didn’t work the first time, why would it work now?” Kris teased.

Tao pouted until Kris gave in and placed gentle kisses on the other’s face. The dorm was extremely quiet, even for being right after a battle. Kris decided to take advantage of their alone time since he didn’t have to worry about anyone intruding on them. He slowly crept his hand up the younger’s leg.

“I wonder how Luhan is.” Tao quickly sat up.

Kris sighed loudly at his missed opportunity, “Yeah, maybe we should go check on him…” he said unenthusiastically.

“What’s wrong?” Tao blinked innocently.

“Don’t worry about it.” Kris flashed a fake smile and followed the younger into Luhan’s room. They cautiously knocked on the door before entering the elder’s room.

“Luhan?” Tao whispered.

He was lying on his bed, breathing heavily; his room was trashed. Luhan weakly sat up in his bed.

“What happened here?” Kris questioned. “It looks like a typhoon hit this place.”

“Sorry,” Luhan squeaked.

“I’m going to go make you some soup okay? Kris, would you mind picking up some of the garbage off the floor?” Tao felt Luhan’s temperature. He had a very high fever.

While Tao was away, Kris started picking up the scattered papers and random items and putting them into a small bag. He was about to enter the bathroom to continue picking up litter until Luhan called out to him.

“Don’t go in there!” Luhan’s voice was extremely scratchy and dry.

Ignoring the older’s request, Kris entered a torn up bathroom covered with bloody tissues. He rushed out to inspect the other for any wounds but no visible ones were apparent. Until Luhan coughed blood into a tissue.

“Luhan! You need to go to the hospital immediately… Tao!” Kris called out.

“No!” Luhan shook his head desparately.

“You’re coughing up blood, you need to go to the hospital now.” Kris picked the older up bridal style.

“Just bring me next door. The front door is unlocked,” Luhan gasped for breath.

Rushing as quickly as he could, Kris left their living space and hastily banged on the neighbor’s door only for a familiar face to answer.

“Lay?!”

“Kris!! Luhan?” Lay stepped back to let the two in. Kris laid the older on the couch and Lay began to use his powers to help Luhan. Once the older reached a stable condition, Lay sat back.

“Lay… you’re… you’re ALIVE!” Kris stuttered. Tao entered the apartment and saw the two standing together.

“Yeah,” he nervously laughed. “…Surprise?” He looked at Tao.

“What. In. The World. Is. Going. On?” Kris was taken aback at the sight of Lay being alive.

“Wahhh Lay, you’re alive~” Tao pretended, Kris gave the younger a dirty look.

“So, Kris…” Tao started, “Remember when I said they were still alive? The rest of the group lives next door to us.” Tao scratched his head.

“How are you alive though?! But… But-but-but Luhan… he killed you… I don’t understand…” Kris furrowed his brow.

“Well, everyone thought I was dead~” he said in a fake cheerful voice.

“What’th going on out here?” Another familiar voice emerged from a bedroom.

“SEHUN?!” Kris nearly fell back from shock.

“Oh thit!” A lisped voice slammed the door quickly.

“It’s okay to come out, Sehun; he knows…” Tao sighed.

Sehun reappeared and greeted his two hyungs.

“But-but-but Sehun. D.O….. D.O. killed you?!”

“Well, I’m alive.” He shrugged.

“Is… is everyone else here?” Kris glanced around the place which closely resembled their apartment.

“Yeah, but they’re all thleeping thince it’th the only way to keep thix boyth quiet for the day,” Sehun lisped.

“Tao… Could you please explain what’s going on before I pass out.” Kris put his hand on his head.