The Awaited Explaination

Titans

“Tao… Could you please explain what’s going on before I pass out?”

“Yeah, but you might want to sit down for this.” Tao pulled out a chair for the older.

“Are you really going to tell him?” Lay asked.

“Might as well, he’s been super curious this entire time,” Tao shrugged.

A few of the others walked out after listening to the commotion. Kris couldn't help but get teary eyed as his friends appeared in good health.

“I’m going to see Chanyeol!” Baekhyun skipped toward the door, but Xiumin held him back. “Yah, if Kris gets to know then Chanyeol should be able to, too~” he whined.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol’s voice called behind the front door. Baekhyun looked desperately at Tao, who shrugged.

Baekhyun swung the door open and glomped the younger, who fell over in surprise.

“BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol held the other tightly.

“Channieeeeeee~” Baekhyun nuzzled him, “Let’s head inside for story time.” Baekhyun looked up and noticed that D.O. and Kai had followed Chanyeol outside.

“I-I-I…. we thought you guys were dead!” D.O. burst into tears.

“Guys, come inside so I can explain everything,” Tao shouted.

The four entered the house and took seats on the floor since Luhan passed out on the couch. Tao let out a long exhale before beginning a very long explanation.

“Okay guys, so...You all weren’t supposed to find out like this but Luhan’s health is more important than keeping you in the dark. Yeah guys, they’re alive and have been living next door this entire time.” Tao paused to let the information sink it. “The jig is up. Let me start wayyyy back; Luhan, Lay, and I were actually told to implement this plan by someone you all know; our very own TOP, Titan of Metal. He’s kept his identity a secret so he could help protect us. And the guard that ‘disposes’ our bodies is Lee Joon, Titan of Shape-shifting.”

“When we first came here, we seriously thought we were all going to die, except Luhan. He had this unwavering hope that he was going to think of a way around this. When he and I went to our Training day, TOP specifically came so Luhan would read his mind and be given this plan. When two people were to fight, we’d pick one person to tell to purposely ‘die’. When that person was badly injured, Tao would slow down time on their body. Technically, they were dead because to us, their hearts weren’t beating anymore. However, they were just frozen so time didn’t pass on their bodies.” Lay stopped to regain his breath.

“From there, they were carried here; I would unfreeze time on them and Lay was here to heal them (since he ‘died’ first),” Tao said happily.

The four sat with their mouths wide open, completely speechless while the others tried to comfort them.

“Wait.” Chanyeol pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks, “You’re not dead? Kris didn’t kill you?” he started tearing up.

“Actually…” Kris started to mention that was it was actually Tao but didn’t finish his sentence because they weren’t listening anyway.

“Nooo; ahhhh, Chanyeol my cheeks hurt!” Baekhyun shoved the other backward. “I missed you,” he said quickly.

“Baekhyunnie.” Chanyeol began crying like a baby, “This whole time I thought you were gone! I was so upset, you don’t even know!” he wrapped his arms tightly around the older.

“When I said I wanted to be in the place Chen was, I meant here since Luhan told me the night before the whole plan.” Xiumin patted Chanyeol on the shoulder.

“How long were you going to keep this from us?” Kai, who had managed to keep a stolid face while the plan was being explain, started tearing up from happiness.

“Until you were supposed to die.” Tao held up the list with the order in which the group was supposed to fight.

“O my gosh, I’m supposed to go next,” D.O. gasped.

“Yeah, against me.” Luhan sat up weakly, Sehun helped the elder.

“Sorry, Luhan,” Tao and Lay said simultaneously.

“Whatever,” Luhan pouted that his special plan had been revealed while he was passed out.

“Are you better now?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah, now we don’t have to hide it from the four of you anymore. AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO THINK I’M A SPY OR SOME ,” Luhan cussed.

The four who had been suspicious of him stood and gave him a 90 degree bow to show sincerity. “We’re really really really sorry,” they said in unison.

“Like I said, whatever. Everything is all good again. I just hope you’re all good actors because you’re no supposed to know.” Luhan sighed as Sehun cuddled him.

“So, anyone got any questions?” Tao clapped his hands together.

“Yeah.” Kris raised his hand slightly.

Tao laughed at the gesture, but Kris was serious. “I keep having really strange dreams. Like of all of us, in events that never happened…”

“Hm… The only thing I can think of is either Luhan is feeding you my memories or it’s just a paradoxical event from being around me, since technically I’m not supposed to be in this dimension,” Tao explained.

“Well it’s not the first one,” Luhan huffed.

“Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about it too much as long as they’re dreams.” Tao smiled.

“Anything else?” Lay asked.

“Yeah.” Kai nodded, “Why did you keep it a secret?”

“The main reason is to keep the humans unaware that there is something going on. We had to show them that we were truly filled with despair and anger. But, now you guys have to act like you were before,” Luhan explained.

“If the humans found out that we’re doing this, we’ll be decapitated for sure,” Tao added.

“And I can’t fix that,” Lay shrugged.

The group let a small laugh with the last comment. They were, in fact, a group and not just individuals clustered together. Luhan was right when he told me to keep hope, Kris smiled to himself.

“I know,” Luhan smirked.

“Yah, You’ve thtill got a fever. You need to thleep,” Sehun nagged.

“Alright alright. We all should head back anyway.” Luhan didn’t want to be the one to separate Baekhyun and Chanyeol, but they didn’t want the others to get exposed as actually being alive.

The lovers hugged tightly before wishing each other farewell and promises to meet again soon. “I still can’t believe that they’re still alive, Luhan,” Chanyeol said.

“I know. Tao, Lay, and I are pretty awesome. So, you brats better appreciate us for ruining our immune systems for you!” Luhan sneezed.

“Maybe you should go back and have Lay heal you more,” D.O. suggested.

“Nah, he got rid of the worst part; now I just have the flu and I’ll get over it quickly because Titans are strong against human viruses.” Luhan blew his nose.

“Hey D.O., don’t you have something to say to Luhan?” Kai reminded.

“Oh, right.”

“Do you want to talk in my room?” Luhan asked.

“No, I should do it in front of everyone. I’m especially sorry, Luhan.” D.O. bowed, “I thought you were just manipulative and controlling and evil so I spread rumors that you were a traitor because I didn’t understand your reasoning. I’m sorry I’ve been so rude.”

Luhan smiled brightly, “Don’t worry about it, kid.”

“Kid? I’m only a couple of years younger than you are!”

“Really? How old are you?” Luhan teased.

“I’m 20!” D.O. shouted with a slight blush on his face.

“Well, then stop acting like child like you were before and prove yourself as an adult.” Luhan pinched his cheeks. “Man, it’s nice to know you guys don’t hate me now,” he sighed.

“We didn’t hate you, we just thought you were working with TOP,” Chanyeol chimed in.

“Well, technically I am,” Luhan said matter-of-factly.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed resting, old man?” Kai teased.

“Old man?! I’m only 23 for goodness sake! Before I rest, I want soup so, someone bring it to me!” Luhan hustled to his room.

Everything at the dorm/apartment had been settled and the lingering tensions diminished. A peaceful hum loomed in the air… for now.