Busted

Titans

“Hey Kris, you should wake up soon,” a voice called out.

Kris opened his eyes and saw he was lying in his bed with Tao by his side. Strangely enough, he couldn’t recall much of yesterday after he met up with Chanyeol again. Something was strangely off and it was freaking Kris out.

“Good morning.” Tao gave Kris a cup of coffee.

“What happened yesterday?” Kris asked.

“What do you mean?”

“For some reason, I can’t remember the second half of the day. All I remember is going to the training area, eating lunch, flying for a bit then meeting up with Chanyeol again… but that’s it.”

“You don’t remember anything? Like at all?” the younger sat next to Kris.

“No, but I get the weird impression I’m missing something…” Kris’s head started aching like it had the first few days.

“Don’t sit up just yet. I’ll tell you what happened as long as you pretend you don’t know.” Tao lowered his voice and nervously looked at the door.

“What happened?”

“Well, I’m supposed to tell you there was a small training accident and you got hit in the head because the equipment malfunctioned.” Tao played with Kris’s hair.

“Oh? Then what actually happened?”

“Promise me you won’t get mad?”

“Just tell me.” Kris rolled his eyes.

“So, when you refuse to use your powers in front of the instructor, even after getting shocked several times, they make you watch this awful brain-washing video. I saw it once… it’s terrible and really disturbing. Anyway, I guess Chanyeol refused to use his powers, so the forced him to watch it. He’s kinda crazy right now but Luhan’s trying to help him.”

“So what happened?” Kris was starting to get irritated.

“He hit you on the head and you knocked out,” Tao said bluntly.

“…Why?”

“Because he thought you were a bad person. That’s what the video does to you; it makes you paranoid of the other Titans."

There was a light knock at the door before D.O. entered. He fake smiled at Kris.

“Are you feeling better? You were passed out all night.”

“Yeah, Tao was just telling me that the equipment malfunctioned or something,” Kris lied.

“Okay, good.” D.O.’s eyes looked relieved, “Well, the guards are late so Kai and Sehun are still here if you want to say goodbye to them.”

“We’ll be there is a sec.” Tao waved him off.

“So Chanyeol thinks I’m evil?” Kris asked once the door clicked shut.

“Basically. Just be cautious of him, okay?” Tao put his hand on Kris’s shoulder. The older nodded and both exited to the living room. The boys were just sitting around chatting idly. Kris noticed Chanyeol was nowhere in sight.

“Hey, Baekhyun,” Luhan randomly called out.

“Hm?” Baekhyun looked up from the game he was playing on the DS.

“What’s the scarf for?” Luhan smirked.

“Because, I’m cold,” Baekhyun replied flatly.

“It'th theventy-theven degreeth, Baekhyun-hyung; wearing a thcarf ith unnetheththary,” Sehun lisped.

(It's seventy-seven degrees, Baekhyun-hyung; wearing a scarf is unnecessary.)

“So?”

“So, take it off.” Luhan began to yank on the scarf but Baekhyun immediately held onto it for dear life. Kris could only smirk because he knew what was under that blue scarf. With a final yank, Baekhyun’s neck was completely exposed; “bruises” and teeth marks were on both sides of his neck.

“Haha! What the heck Baekhyun, were you fighting a vaccum!” Chen bursted into laughter and was followed by the rest of the group.

“But, vacuums don’t have teeth,” Xiumin innocently spoke.

“It’s the new CHANYEOL model.” Kai started clapping his hands together because he was laughing so hard.

“Shut up.” Baekhyun lowered his head in embarrassment. Even worse was that he couldn’t go into his room because he might wake crazy Chanyeol up. The laughter was cut short when a familiar door bell sounded; the guards were here.

“Alright, I’ll see you guys later tonight; don’t have too much fun without me”

“AKA wait until I get home to bully Baekhyun thome more.” Sehun smiled as both were escorted out the door.

“I need a shower.” Tao stretched his arms, “Want to shower with me Suho?”

“Sure, we can shower in my bathroom so we don’t disturb Kris.”

The two continued chatting but Kris couldn’t help but feel like his heart was sinking as they were talking. Why doesn’t Tao want to shower with me? He began thinking. Why are you getting so jealous Kris, it’s just a shower.

Tao went back to his and Kris’s room to grab shower supplies and Kris followed closely behind.

“I’m just curious Tao… why don’t you want to shower with me?” Kris gave the younger puppy-dog eyes.

“Oh… I just. Well, I’m just going to be very blunt with you Kris; I don’t want the shower to be too… for lack of a better word, ual,” Tao admitted. Kris choked on his spit.

“I shower to get clean, rather than get dirtier. Don’t take it the wrong way Kris, but with Suho it’s just a shower...but if I were to shower with you, it’d be us…alone… in a small room…with a steamy atmosphere……”

“Um…okay then… have a good shower?” Kris said as Tao walked out of their room.

Kris took a curious glance over at the diary lying on top of Tao’s dresser. He remembered what Tao said about it being okay for Kris to read his diary and used that to justify reading the newest entry:

“I don’t want to be here anymore. I can’t take this; I want to go back so badly right now. These past few days have been fun, but it’s time to go back before I have to deal with everything again. Everyone is trying to stop me; they tell me to man up and face destiny, but I can’t. I just can’t. Each paradox is harder to live through. I’ve decided if I do go back, I want to say good \bye to this Kris… It’s a shame though, since Kris and I have gotten a lot closer than I thought we would’ve because of the circumstances. I’m going to miss this Kris as well; he’s been so nice to me. It’s so weird that I keep meeting the same person multiple times.

This may be my last day in this time, so goodbye.

-Huang ZiTao”

Kris quickly looked up when he heard the door click open. Tao was standing in the doorway in a panda robe. The younger quickly realized which diary entry the older had read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys, I haven’t had an author’s note in a while because the story is starting to get serious. But I decided to write one now so I can say hi c: ALSO WE REACHED 1000 VIEWS AND 26 SUBSCRBERS yay *claps* I couldn’t have done this without you guys so thank you for supporting me <3 It’s getting down to the wire huh. Btw I do have a reason for separating these last few chapters before the fighting begins (Because stuff happens in the next chapter bwuhahahaha). So please be patient~ I’m trying to update often so you don’t forget about me~~ Tomorrow I’m getting my braces off IT’S BEEN 5 YEARS TOO LONG. Yeah, so keep commenting because I love to know what you guys think and look forward to the next chapter~