Love is still Love

Titans

Tao grabbed Kris’s hand and led him off to the middle of the field, leaving the rest of the group behind. While following the younger, Kris examined the open field with two goal nets at each end. Kris recalled all the times sports clubs would beg him to be on their team, but he refused them all in fear of his incredulous strength standing out (also he would have to change in front of others, who could see his Titan tattoo and get him in trouble). What is Tao’s reason for bringing me here anyway? Kris thought when he noticed a lone blanket sprawled on the grass.

“So, Kris.” Tao sat down and patted the spot next to him, indicated he wanted the elder to sit.

“So, Tao.”

“I know you’ve been confused a lot lately, which has partially been my fault, I guess. So, this is the time I’ve set aside to explain everything in full detail. Because, like you, I get really frustrated and feel weak if I don’t understand the situation. So, I guess I’ll start by explaining all of today.” Tao smiled.

“Yeah, I’m pretty confused,” Kris sighed and laid back.

“Alright, I guess you don’t recall any of this but yesterday you were chosen to fight Kai. That didn’t make sense to anyone because neither of you were supposed to fight; according to the schedule, we were supposed to have a week off to do as we pleased. They cut it to a day and switched the order around completely and threw off our plan. TOP apologized mentally but we still weren’t sure how things were going to go. So you and Kai pretended to fight and by "pretended" I mean it looked really fake since you refused to hit each other.”

“Why would TOP suddenly change everything if he knew we had this plan?” Kris sat up.

“I don’t know, maybe they were getting suspicious or something?” Tao shrugged, “Anyway, Luhan took control of you and started beating on Kai, trying to provoke him to actually hit you. And he did. In the back of the head. With a long staff. So you passed out and then were considered ‘dead’ and taken by Joon, the morph Titan, back to our rendezvous point –the apartment next door- and slept the rest of the time.” Tao took out two water bottles from his small draw-string bag and handed one to the elder, “Somehow you woke up and led yourself here.”

“I thought I was following you. Like, you were standing outside waiting for me and told me to wear this,” Kris pointed to his attire. “You said something like, it was what you picked out for me on the first date or whatever.”

Tao smiled, “Which you couldn’t have known in this timeline. Someone is lending my memories to you cough *Luhan* cough. It explains why you’ve had dreams of me, you, and Luhan fighting. They aren’t dreams, Kris; they’re memories. My memories.”

“…I wish I knew more of them.” Kris leaned in.

“I should go back,” Tao whispered, barely audible enough for the other to hear.

 “What?” Kris paused, but didn’t pull back even though he was so close to the younger’s face.

“I should go back in time and fix everything. I feel unstable since the plan is falling apart… what if I’m not able to save everyone?” The younger’s shaky voice was still very quiet.

“But Tao, you’ll have to start all over again.” Kris placed his hand over the younger’s, “I don’t want you to have to go through all of this; now that we’ve come this far you shouldn’t just leave it all behind. So what if things don’t go according to plan? Nothing will ever be perfect, so you can’t fret over it. Nothing will ever be perfect-"

“-so that’s what makes it perfect,” Tao finished his sentence with teary eyes. “All your dramatic speeches, no matter what timeline, are still so cliché,” Tao giggled.

“Cliché? That stuff comes from the heart,” Kris playfully defended himself.

“I miss you, Benben.” Tao tightly hugged the other.

“I thought my nickname was Krissie?”

“You never liked it and convince me every timeline to change it. I’ve tried so hard to get it to stick but it never has,” Tao laughed.

“Well, where did Benben derive from?”

“I took ‘Fan’ from your Chinese name, Yifan, and doubled it for ‘Fanfan” which, in Chinese sounds like ‘Benben’ because of how they pronounce things.”

“Does it mean anything special?” Kris asked.

“…maybe,” Tao teased playfully.

Kris leaned in and planted butterfly kisses on the other’s face before suddenly stopping.

“What’s wrong?” Tao blinked.

“I just realized something… why would you guys leave a person who passed out by themselves and not tell them were you were going?”

“I yelled at them for that but they were all so excited to see everyone that no one wanted to stay behind.”

“Oh, gee; thanks, guys.” Kris rolled his eyes.

“But they said they left you a map?” Tao raised an eyebrow.

“Well, I followed you here… but it wasn’t real so…”

“You followed a memory of me here,” Tao reassured the other. “Everyone used to come out here every once and a while when we were permitted to leave.”

“I see, so it was one of your memories?”

“Well. Maybe,” Tao frowned. “I think it’s a memory Luhan took from you, gave to me, and then gave back to you in this timeline…”

“What the hell?” Kris scratched his head.

“Let’s not worry about that now, it’s not important.” Tao shook his head.

“So, why are we here now?”

“Date night," Tao said simply.

“Date night?”

Tao nodded, “Suho, Luhan, and I planned this so all of the couples get alone time.” Tao saw a creepy smile stretch across the other’s face, “TO TALK!” Tao stood up and tried to hid the embarrassment on his face.

Kris rolled over laughing at the other, “You should see how red your face is right now!”

Tao sat down and crossed his arms tightly, in his pouting position. Kris scooted over to poke the other’s cheek repetitiously and obnoxiously, but Tao didn’t  break. Kris sighed and sat back.

“I’m sorry,” he muttered.

“What?”

“I’m sorry, Tao. I was just joking around, I didn’t mean for you to take it so seriously.” Kris sighed again.

 “You’re more erted in this time line.” Tao pouted his lips.

“Maybe I’m just more expressive.” Kris wrapped his arm around the younger’s shoulders.

“You used to be like prince charming that never had a dirty thought in his life.”

“Well, him and Cinderella had children, right?” Kris shrugged.

“But it’s different because they were married,” Tao defended. “Compared to the other Krises, you’re the most erted.”

“Why do you keep comparing me to other mes? We’re all one person/” Kris started getting angry.

“You’re right, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t compare you like this, seriously. Sorry, Kris.”

“It’s okay.” Kris relaxed a little.

“Anyway, look over there,” Tap pointed across the field to two blobs in the distance.

“Who’s that?”

“I think it’s Sehun and Luhan… judging on how far apart they’re sitting and how awkward they look.” Tao laughed.

‘Oh, geez . How can they be THAT awkward? They know they like each other, right?” Kris questioned.

“I don’t know, I guess they’re  both just not used to being around the other;” Tao paused for a moment, “You know we used to be awkward like that. I think I’m kinda used to it but stuff like that is still embarrassing.”

“Which that are you referring to?” Kris reminded the other of their adventure in the shower.

“Stop being dirty minded!” Tao pushed the other away with his palm/

“Sorry~”

Out of the corner of Kris’s eye, he noticed the two blobs were starting to move “Let’s head over here.” Tao quickly dragged the other away.

“But Sehun and Luhan are doing something,” Kris whined. “I wanna see what they do.”

“Let’s leave them be. It’d be creepy for us to spy on them.” Tao pulled Kris deeper into what seemed to be a recreational park with football and soccer fields and buildings. Eventually, Tao led him to a small child’s play ground and sat on the swing, giving the older a look as if saying push me, please.

Kris rolled his eyes and obeyed the younger’s request. “Hey, Tao?”

“Hm?”

“How long does it usually take a person to… to fall in love?” Kris cleared his throat.

Sirens were heard in the distance; Tao’s expression was hidden by his hair. Kris was becoming slightly concerned with how long Tao remained silent until the younger finally spoke up, “I dunno… why?”

“I’m just curious if you knew.” Kris sighed with disappointment.

“Well for you, it must seem like you fell so quickly, huh?” Tao slowed his pace on the swing.

“Yeah…just a bit. I mean, I’ve been here two weeks maybe? And somehow I was just… instantly attracted to you. I just wanted to know if you or Luhan were behind it.”

“You’re right, we were. Well, I didn’t actually want to force memories of us down your throat but Luhan reasoned that you’ve fallen for me every single time, so why would this time be any different. And I understand that, so Luhan fed memories into your subconscious to artificially spark the feeling of our closeness. But I’ve really been regretting it since you have random memories that keep popping up and now you know that you were forced to love me from the very beginning.” Tao’s voice shook.

Kris simply remained silent and continued to listen to the younger’s speech.

 “I’m sorry, Kris. My damn insecurities wmade me afraid you wouldn’t like me before everyone started fighting and we wouldn’t have a chance of being together anymore or even being happy.” Clear drops of water glistened as they rolled down his face, “Everything in this timeline always seems to be my fault. I made you fall in love with me; you didn’t have a chance to reject it. You’ve just innocently fallen into my trap. I’ve trapped you with artificial love.” Tao stood to face the older, “Kris, I’ve become a monster. An evil, obsessive monster,” he cried out.

Suddenly warm hands wrapped themselves around the younger’s shoulders and pulled him into a tight embrace, “Tao, you’re too honest to be evil. Artificial or not, love is still love.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Guys. I missed you all so much. I'm sorry I've been a bad author-nim and have neglected to update. I seriously had a lot of stuff. Like chorus events last weekend then I left on Tuesday to drive to South Carolina to see my sister who just graduated Army Boot camp. So I'm sorry it took so long Also my internet is crappy :/ it is so tempermental, you all have no idea T-T How am I supposed to watch my dramas if my internet turns off every five minutes?!?!

Anyway, I tried to make a long update to make it up to you guys <3 Please comment to let me know what you think~~~~