Paranoia Setting In

Titans

Tao fell backwards and hit the ground harshly.

Kris was followed by the others when he dashed over to him. The guards checked for his pulse and left when they felt it.

“Tao!” Kris shook the younger’s body.

“Kris.” Tao said weakly, “You’ll make me nauseous if you keep shaking me.”

“Oh… sorry.”

“Let’s head back before they kick us out.” Tao slowly rose to his feet. Insisting Tao shouldn’t walk, Kris carried him on his back.  When the group of seven returned, they were in better spirits than usual. It’s not that they weren’t going to miss Xiumin, it’s just he even said himself that he’s better off this way. Since the current population now consisted of four Koreans, two Chinese, and one American, their movie nights would now consist of ALL Korean movies. The other three didn’t mind too much though because Korean movies are usually decent.

Kris decided to skip the movie to take care of Tao who had an extremely high fever. Kris brought a new washcloth to help cool Tao down.

“How did you get sick so suddenly?” Kris asked.

“When we use our powers it weakens our immune systems. For me, it’s harder to stop time on one object than to go back in time. Unless I go into Titan Mode, which is when you harness your full potential and tattoos cover your entire body. But it’s hard to control all that power, so we usually go a little over board. You saw D.O. do it.”

“But you were only using your powers for a really short period of time; I don’t understand how you can get a fever like this…”

Tao simply smiled and brushed Kris’s hair aside to peck the elder’s forehead. “Don’t worry about me, go hang out with the others.”

“I don’t wanna,” Kris pouted.

“Why is that?”

“It’s awkward now since there are seven of us left and four of us don’t like Luhan.”

“They don’t like Luhan?”

“Nope. They think he is a spy plotting against us.”

“Pft.” Tao held in his laughter. “Sorry, but where did they get that idea?”

“He’s not a spy right? Because if he is, then we can only assume you’re working with him,” Kris said seriously.

“Yah. He’s not a spy, we’re all in the same position here.” Tao was getting angered by Kris’s accusations.

“Just know that we’re keeping an eye on him.” Kris stood up.

“Kris!” Tao grabbed the elder’s hand. “Why are you like this? You’re being brainwashed by these guys.”

“Are you sure it isn’t you who has been brainwashed?”

“Kris, we’re all on the same side!” Tao sat up but quickly fell back because he wasn’t strong enough yet.

Kris rinsed out the cloth in the bathroom and soaked it in cold water again before applying it to Tao’s forehead. “Rest up.” Kris kissed the other’s cheek before leaving.

Kris felt bad about blindly blaming Luhan and Tao. Perhaps the group really had tempered with his judgment. He should be on his guard around everyone.

“But that would be tiresome.” the thought suddenly came over Kris.

He stood in the middle of the living room, staring at those watching TV.

“Krisssssssssssssssssssss!” Baekhyun waved his hand in front of the older’s eyes.

“Hm?” Kris snapped back into reality.

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol asked.

Kris looked around for the absent Luhan. “Where is Luhan?” Kris furrowed his brow.

“In his room, he didn’t want to watch the movie with us.”

Kris rushed to the room and rudely entered without knocking. Luhan was in the bathroom.

“YAH!” Luhan shouted when Kris came in unexpectedly. “I was about to shower.”

“Did you just use your powers on me?”

“No.” Luhan put his shirt back on, “Is that all you came in here for?”

“No, you definitely did just now. You’re trying to manipulate me.”

“Oh my God, Kris; no, I’m not. I just wanted to shower.”

“Well a foreign thought came into my mind and if it wasn’t your doing, then who was it?” Kris curled his fists.

Luhan smirked. “Are you sure it’s not just insanity?”

“Insanity?”

“I think you’re just getting paranoid since you know you have to fight tomorrow. And you’ll have to fight Chanyeol’s beloved Baekhyun. And if you kill him, then Chanyeol gets pissed at you. But if you let him win, then you’ll never see Tao again.”

“What about what you said, where people aren’t actually dying? You said something like that,” Kris shouted.

“I did? When?” Luhan gave him a blank look.

“We talked a while back, about how you sympathize with God and you asked me if they were really dying.”

“Well Kris, if they aren’t dying like you say, then where are they going? Please explain your theory.”

Kris grabbed the other by the collar, “I don’t know how it’s possible. But you said you’d figure a way out of this a long time ago. Obviously, you have but now you’re just messing with me and I. DON’T. APPRICIATE. IT.” With every word Kris gripped tighter to the other’s shirt.

“Sorry?” Luhan shrugged.

Kris pushed the other against the wall before abruptly leaving. The others had vanished from the living room and relocated in the kitchen, attempting to make a snack for themselves.

“Kris! You know how to cook right?” Baekyeol said in unison.

“No… sorry. What are you guys making?”

“We don’t know what to make. There is plenty of stuff but we don’t know how to make anything,” D.O. laughed.

 Attempting to make Korean food for an American is not as easy a task as Kris thought it’d be. He tried his best to listen to others while making an awkward colored soup and adding noodles and vegetables. When the group had finished and tasted the final product, they were relieved that is was edible.

Kris felt a pair of eyes watching him so he glanced behind him, but no one was there. He shrugged and continued eating the mixture they’d all managed to create. Maybe he was starting to get a bit paranoid…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Wah. Thank you all for the comments ^^ I'm always thriled to read what you guys have to say about the story~ So far its getting pretty tense, especially poor Kris >< He doesn't even know. *sigh* oh well. AT least thigns will get better in the end :3 By the way. 69 subscribers. pft. y author is y. XD

ANYWAY. I thank you all so much and probably won't leave another author's note in a while. I'll miss you~ but you know the drill. Read. Comment. Finish your homework. Repeat. haha just kidding. You need to do your homework so you don't fail (totally hypocritical author-nim). THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING AUTHOR-NIM AND Co-AUTHOR-NIM <3