Confusion

Titans

Sunlight peaked through the cracks in the blinds; the small room instantly illuminated with light and heat. Kris awoke in a pleasant mood, not worrying about anyone having to fight today. Today they were “graciously” given a day off, which was only an excuse to calm the public after Chanyeol’s rash behavior of flipping off the crowd. Maybe they could even be allowed outside. Kris enjoyed the thought; being imprisoned in such a small area was starting to get on his nerves.

Tao was nowhere in sight, so Kris wondered into the dining room looking for him. When he discovered that no one was present, he traveled into the kitchen and living room but his panda was still nowhere to be found and the Chinese-Canadian started to worry. He went through all of the rooms, and literally everyone was gone. He was the only one in the dorm and he started to panic. Where in the world is everyone?!

Swallowing hard and inhaling deeply, Kris prepared for the worst. The only place left is outside, meaning he has to touch the door knob. What if it’s locked? What if it sets off an alarm? What if it electrocutes him? What if it electrocutes him and sets of an al—oh hey, it’s unlocked. Cautiously, Kris turned the handle and started his adventure into the outside world, on ewhich he hasn’t seen in weeks (feeling more like years at this point).

“About time slow poke.” Tao was leaning against the wall outside.

“I… you… what?”

“But you’re still in your pajamas, go get dressed. People don’t normally walk out in their sleepwear.” Tao giggled.

Kris examined his attire of a tee-shirt and boxer shorts compared to Tao’s outfit, a loose blue shirt that was longer in the back complimented by jet black jeans that were especially tight around his… ankles…

Rushed by Tao’s nagging but perplexed by the different choices of clothes he could wear made him pause. Tao marched in after 10 minutes of waiting to see Kris just standing still. He smiled because he remembered something like this happening before.

“Here.” Tao handed Kris two hangers, one with a red shirt studded with gold embellishments and dark blue jeans.

Kris unfroze from his trance and thanked the younger profusely.

“Hey,” Tao turned around while Kris changed his clothes, “Do these outfits seem the least bit familiar to you?”

“Not really, why?”

“'Cause they’re the outfits we wore on our first official date.” Tao blushed.

“How did I pick out something like this?” Kris laughed since the style was completely off from his own.

“I picked it out for you since we went shopping together the day before and you told me you read in a magazine that every guy should let his girlfriend or relationship partner pick out a shirt for them.” Tao smiled.

Kris felt overwhelmed with a fluffy warm feeling and hugged Tao from behind, gingerly kissing the younger’s right cheek. Tao his heels to meet Kris face-to-face, wrapping his arms around Kris’s neck to hug him tightly. After a few moments, Tao pulled away.

“We’d better go meet up with the others,” Tao smiled shyly. “We’ll have time to cuddle later.”

“Later?” Kris raised his eyebrow.

Tao grinned and led the older into the town square, linked arm in arm. Snow was lightly falling from the sky and Kris got to admire the city fully for the first time. He figured they were somewhere in Korea because Tao was examining a map with a start and destination point. Finally, they reached a field or park where the others were waiting on them. Kris just realized what he perceived as the sun going up was actually sunset…

“Wait, why did I wake up so late? It’s already sun down… what the heck is going on?” Kris frowned.

“Hm?”

“Am I dreaming right now? Tao, tell me whats going on! I wouldn’t normally sleep that long… I’m so confused….” Kris put his hand on his head, feeling a bandage wrapped tightly. “Tao, seriously. Luhan? Someone explain what the heck is going on. Why is the sun setting when I just woke up and why do I have a bandage on my head?!” Kris started panicking.

“Kris, calm down,” Luhan snapped.

The Chinese-Canadian blinked and his setting completely changed. Everyone except  Tao was standing in front him with concerned looks on their faces. “I swear, I’m going crazy.” Kris stumbled backwards.

“Kris, calm down okay? Everything is going to be okay.” Luhan tried to soothe the younger.

“Where is Tao?”

“He’ll be here soon. Just calm down, Kris; let me explain everything.”

“No, take me to Tao. Please,” Kris begged.

“He’s right there, Kris; calm down.”

Tao hugged Kris and quietly calmed the other. “That fight took a lot out of you, huh?”

“What fight?”

“You don’t remember? Well, dang… okay. So, yesterday you fought Kai. He went a little overboard and hit you in the head with a wood plank. You were supposed to win but you passed out so we let him win.” Tao elbowed the younger who was standing behind him, “How did you get all the way out here by yourself? You’ve never been here before…”

“Yeah, you led me here…”

“No, I didn’t…”

“Yeah, you had a map and everything and before we left you were telling me about how you picked this shirt out for me…”

“Kris, you’re somehow remembering things from different time lines. I don’t know how else you would know that because I haven’t told you that yet.” Tao scratched his head.

“So, I was having a flashback just now? A flashback led me all the way here?” Kris asked.

“I guess… you’re starting to get flashbacks more often, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, why?”

“This usually happens near the end of our time here.” Tao frowned.

“So wait, I’m out of the fighting, right? Because I “lost”?”

“Yeah; Kai, Luhan, and I are the last ones left.”

“You’re still in it?” Kris sighed.

“Yeah, but I’ll be leaving next. The three of us will battle together and Luhan will become the victor,” Tao explained, “After that, he’ll be released back into society and meet up with us at our secret base; the apartment next door.”

“I see; so, what are we doing here?”

“You’ll see.” Tao smiled and dragged the older into a secluded area with a blanket laid on the ground and a small bag awaiting their arrival.