Betrayed

Titans

      Although it only seemed like a few minutes, Kris awoke in the middle of his sleep to a strange sound, almost like muffled screaming. Kris quickly shook off the thought and checked his phone to check the time. Wow, it's already 3:00 am, I'll have to get up in four hours for college he thought to himself. Then he heard the sound once again and a loud knocking at his door. He stumbled to his bedroom door and slowly opened it only to be pushed over by two giant men dressed in black.

"AGH, Let go of me!!" He shouted. He could've easily shoved them off, but he wouldn't want them to know of his identity.

"Shhhhh Kris, you wouldn't want to wake the neighbors would you?" a familiar voice said hidden in the blackness of the hallway.

    He couldn't believe what he was seeing. His father had gagged and tied up his mother, holding a hand gun to her head.

"DAD! What the hell is going on?!" Kris said struggling to break free from the grip of the two men in a "human" way.

"Stay where you are! And don't even think about fighting back, or else." His dad threatened while loading the hand gun Kris had no idea his father owned"This is for the best Kris. If you really are on my side, you'll be all for this, right?" He laughed. "I've been waiting to collect all 12 Titans for 30 years! 30 YEARS! And you know where the last one was hiding? Right under my nose, my own son!"

"Dad, what are you doing?! Let go of Mom!" Kris begged.

"Oh don't worry, everything will be all right," he teased as the men inserted some sort of liquid into his arm.

"I love you son," he heard his father chuckle. Those were the last words Kris heard from his father before he started slipping into unconsciousness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Slowly, Kris could feel himself become conscious again. His head was pounding and he felt sick. MOM! Kris thought and quickly sat up. Unfortunately his head bumped into something hard and knocked him back down. He dreaded opening his eyes to discover what his father had done with his body when he out. Cautiously, he opened his right eye to peek. Above him were railings and a mattress, like how a bunk bed is set up. He couldn't have hit his head on that though...the space between the mattress he was laying on and the mattress above him was tall enough for him to sit up properly. He began looking to his right while lying still. What could I have hit my head on... when he spotted a lean black-haired kid sitting back in a desk chair, rubbing his forehead. Kris immediately sat up and bowed to the poor kid. If it hurt Kris, a super strong titan, he couldn't imagen how much it hurt him.

"I'm sorry," Kris said quickly, bowing again to show sincereness. But the kid just looked up really quick and gave him a funny look. This guy isn't actually a kid. He looks a few years younger than I am. The stranger just continued staring at Kris with his feline-like eyes.

"So...uh...hi" Kris awkwardly said. He wasn't good at making conversation, but he took the opportunity to examine what situation he was in. It seemed he was in... in a dormitory-style bedroom. The walls were striped white and blue with white wooden desks and two tall blue dressers. He was lying in the bottom bunk bed with white sheets and he could see blue sheets hanging over the edge of the top bed. Guess this person really likes white and blue Kris snickered to himself.

"Where am I?" Kris said, hoping the stranger would actually respond this time. Instead, he looked very concerned and started "writing" on his hand with his finger as if he were trying to spell something to himself.

"Ahem. Where am I?" Kris tried again, this time with a hint of frustration in his voice.

"Home," the person said quietly.

"Home?" Kris repeated.

"Yes," he said simply.

"This isn't home..." Kris looked around again, the room looked nothing like his bedroom. He had a queen-sized mattress to himself and had his own doodles all over the white walls. This guy obviously wasn't going to be of any use to him.

"Yes," he said again.

"No. This isn't home."

"Yes." This time the stranger nodded to show his agreement.

"Do you even speak English?" Kris laughed.

"No." He looked down at the wooden floors. Oh. Oops. Kris thought, Here I am assuming he can. I gotta get up an explore, maybe try to find a way home. Kris felt faint as soon as he stood up and the stranger helped him sit back down on the bed.

"No," the cat-like stranger said, pointing to Kris's head. Kris brought his hand up to the spot the stranger was pointing to and felt cloth wrapped around his head. Did he get hit on the head?

"Me...uh...me help," the stranger started, "Me help you."

"How?" Kris instinctively asked in English. The stranger furrowed his brow at the remark and sighed heavily. "Sorry," Kris said, mentally hitting himself since the stranger probably didn't understand that either. English is the standard language, why doesn't he know it?!

"Your...Your name?' The stranger spoke in a heavy Asian accent.

"Kris. You?"

"Tao," he smiled. There was a light knock at the door before another guy Kris's age entered.

"韬。你要早餐吗?" he spoke in a foreign language Kris recognized as Chinese but didn't understand since the guy spoke so fast. All he could recognized was "Tao."

"是" he turned to Kris and asked "你吗". Kris actually understood what he said. Since Kris's parents are Chinese, they tried teaching him when he was little but he forgot most of it during puberty. Tao had said yes to something and then asked Kris "and you?".

"什么" Kris said as best as he could, hopefully he didn't butcher the pronunciation too much. Both were slightly shocked that he actually replied. He asked them, "What?"

"Breakfast want?" Tao said with a cute smile. Kris nodded and Tao led him out of the room.

     Kris followed them into a big dinning room with 12 chairs lined all around the oval table. He saw a doorway that led into the kitchen where the other guy had gone into and he and Tao sat down. There were a 8 other people sitting around the table, also apparently waiting on breakfast as well. Seven of them were casually discussing something in a completely foreign language Kris had no idea about. There was one sitting alone just staring off into space. Suddenly, the guy from before and a young kid came out of the kitchen with eggs, bacon, and sausages. Kris's stomach growled at the sight of such a beautiful thing. Since he was surrounded by foreign things, he was glad to see something familiar. While everyone was getting their food, Kris noticed an almost invisible line drawn in the middle of the table. One side of the table only spoke to their side and didn't even make eye contact with the other side. Suddenly a burst a vowels and consonants clashed together. Both groups had chanted something different and gave the other group a glare before chowing down. I wonder if there is some kind of culture clash going on here Kris thought to himself.

"Eat." Tao, who was sitting next to him, used his chopsticks to give Kris two pieces of bacon. Wait, why is he using chopsticks to eat breakfast?! Kris thought. He looked around and everyone was using them to eat. He looked down and saw a regular knife and fork in front of him. Oh, thank God. Everyone ate quickly while having a lively conversation in what ever language they were speaking in. The only person he had to talk to was Tao and he didn't even speak English.