Agony

Titans

“KRIS, TITAN OF FLIGHT VERSUS BAEKHYUN TITAN OF LIGHT,” TOP announced.

The guards were already standing in the room, prepared to drag the two fighters away. Kris managed to hug Tao tightly before being shoved out the door.

“Don’t worry,” the elder managed to whisper in Tao’s ear.

Of course, how could the younger not worry? His lover was going to fight to the death against one of their friends. Worst of all, he had an advantage over the other since honestly, Baekhyun's power was pretty useless.

As the rest of the group was seated in their exclusive section, the two fighters emerged on the field dressed in the red and black jump suits as everyone before them had worn. Nervously, Kris attempted to make conversation.

“Is your leg okay? Why are you limping like that?”

“I’m not limping.” Baekhyun stood upright with a slight blush on his face.

“Oh?” Kris smiled, “Whatever you say.”

“Shut up! As soon as that bell goes off I’m going to fight my hardest against you Kris, and I hope you do the same,” Baekhyun said seriously.

Almost as if it were cued by Baekhyun, the bell buzzed. Instinctively, Baekhyun grabbed a long sword off the weapon rack, although he didn’t look like he’d had much experience handling it. Kris picked up a random sword, hoping his skills will at least match the other’s.

“Pick the spear, Kris,” a familiar voice resounded in his mind.

“Tao?”

“Put the broad sword down and pick the spear; it’s your best option.”

Trusting Tao's voice without question, Kris dropped his current weapon and exchanged it for the spear. Approaching the other slowly, Kris could see the emanate sadness in the younger’s eyes as if expecting an unfavorable result for himself. Kris wasn’t quite sure of Baekhyun’s intentions, but he knew that he’d defend himself if it came down to it. Not for himself though, but for Tao. Even if it brought despair among another party, he could stand the thought of Tao being alone.

“R-raise your weapon,” Baekhyun stuttered.

“Baekhyun…”

“L-let’s just have a f-fair f-fight, o-o-okay?” The shakiness of his voice was prevalent.

“Whatever you say.” Kris sighed and glanced in the group of Titans’ direction, studying Chanyeol’s expression. He stolidly stared at his boyfriend and childhood friend.

While Kris was distracted, Baekhyun swung at the older, slightly cutting his arm because Kris dodged last second.

“,” Kris cursed when blood dripped from the open wound. He raised the staff and mentally asked, “Okay Tao, how do I use this?”

“Relax your body,” the younger’s voice echoed in his mind.

Following the other’s instructions, Kris suddenly felt his body become lighter and started to move on its own. His hands rapidly spun the lightweight spear overhead.

“This will do I guess, I wish it was a bit heavier though,” Tao’s voice said, Kris being the only person who could hear it.

“Why don’t you use the rope dart?” Kris questioned aloud.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“Nothing,” Kris forced a grin.

“They’d be too suspicious. Kris, let me move your body and stay calm no matter what,” the voice said.

Kris’s body cautiously inched forward, spear pointed at his opponent. Baekhyun charged forward at him, swinging the sword in various directions. When Kris blocked the younger’s downward swipe with the pole of his weapon, the pole was sliced in half and caused him to drop the two pieces. Baekhyun backed the elder against the wall of Coliseum II.

“So this is how it ends?” Baekhyun pulled his weapon back to prepare for a brutal strike.

“Not exactly,” Kris’s voice said. Kris snapped his eyes shut and when he reopened them, he was floating above the stadium, wings emerging from his back. His beautiful wings that he’d secretly wished to see again. Soaring above the arena, his body gracefully drifted freely.

“Yah! Get down here and fight me, coward,” Baekhyun hollered from below.

Lightly landing, Kris grabbed half of the spear with the sharpened stone point and stabbed it directly behind him, anticipating Baekhyun’s surprise assault. He was right; the younger was planning to attack Kris while his back was turned. The pointed end penetrated deep into Baekhyun’s stomach. Both widened their eyes as a red liquid dripped off the broken spear. Kris felt his body become heavy again, he could control his movements once more.

“Kris,” Baekhyun gasped. The sun’s light dimmed although there were no clouds in the sky.

“I-I-I… Baekhyun...” Kris’s body shook. He released his grip on the spear, but Baekhyun suddenly fell forward, causing the weapon to stab through his body completely. The boy’s eyes went blank and he laid there motionless.

“What… What’ve I done?” Kris screamed, tears welling in his eyes.

Chanyeol raced as quickly as he could to the limp body, but he arrived too late. Baekhyun was gone. Kris had killed him.

“Chanyeol.” Kris had risen from his crouched position.

“Baekhyun. Yah!” Chanyeol turned the body over and lightly slapped its cheek, “Yah, Baekhyun get up! Baekhyun!”

“It’s over Chanyeol. I’m sorry…” Kris looked at the younger with pitiful eyes.

“NO! It’s not over. BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol bit his lip.

“Chanyeol. He’s gone…” Kris looked down.

Chanyeol stood up and gripped the older by the collar, “YOU BASTARD. You killed him! You killed him! You killed him!” he repeated. “…You killed him, Kris” Chanyeol pounded his fists against the older’s chest. “He’s gone because you killed him,” he sobbed.

“It’s okay, Chanyeol.” Kris wrapped his arms around the other in a comforting embrace.

“No, it’s not! My Baekhyunnie” He struggled against Kris’s hug. “My Baekhyunnie,” he repeated before burying his head in Kris’s shoulder. The others slowly approached and silently mourned their loss.

Another piece of their family was gone. Reality of this sick game had finally set in. No one was safe from this twisted game. The agony they’d suffer would be virtually unbearable.

Chanyeol pulled away and stuck his middle finger at TOP, “F*** you!” He shouted before storming off. He obviously wasn’t pleased with this gesture and had the group of six shoved all the way home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Ow. This chapter was kinda heart breaking to write. Especially since my bias from K is Baekhyun :'( It's for the sake of the story. Poor Chanyeol. Poor Kris. Poor everyone. Gawh. Oh yeah, I said I wasn't going to update but I did anyway :3.... I also said it'd be a while before another author's note... sorry... I just like y'all knowing my two cents. So they finally get a break from this whole ordeal. But is it a good thing considering all the tension in the dorm (Luhan being considered a spy and all the small fights Taoris gets into)? Let's find out next chapter, shall we(whenever I write that...)? ANYWAY. PLEASE KEEP SENDING LOVE THIS WAY AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER <3