Driving Me Crazy

Titans

“Yah, get up,” Kai’s voice sounded.

“Ughhh.” Kris and Tao both sat up. Kai had left so the two were alone.

“Your hair looks fantastic Tao,” Kris teased.

“This is what happens when I sleep with wet hair.” Tao combed through his crazy bed head with his fingers.

“It looks good to me.” Kris pecked the younger’s cheek.

The two quickly dressed and met with everyone in the living room. Suho overslept and didn’t have enough time to make breakfast, so the group decided to munch on granola bars. Everyone had quiet morning conversations, except Luhan who sat alienated from the group. Kris and Tao glanced at each other before approaching Luhan.

“Yo.” Tao patted the elder’s shoulder.

“Hi,” Luhan whispered. He looked like he hadn’t slept all night.

“Are you okay?” Kris sat down.

“I should be. There’ll be a happy ending.” Luhan smiled.

“You’re too positive Luhan,” Tao scorned causing Luhan to resume his fetal position.

“Hey.” Kris lightly smacked Tao’s arm, “That was rude.”

“Sorry,” Tao quickly apologized.

“No, he’s right; more than you know, Kris,” Luhan said.

Kris was about to make another comment but the doorbell had rung. Everyone’s conversations halted as Suho stood up to answer the door. One by one, they slowly plodded out the door into the cold morning wind with the chants of hateful humans once again shouting profanities at them. Kris’s heart raced as they got closer to the “death building” as they called it, or “Coliseum 2” as the humans called it. Whether they were prepared or not, all of them were forced into the same small room with the singular TV. Again, the same anchor called out the winner of yesterday’s brawl, Luhan. She turned the other camera on TOP as he prepared to announce today’s fighters.

The group huddled together again, except there was a mutual feeling of numbness among them. The pain would start surging as soon as the two names were announced. Knowing this, they held onto each other tighter.

“The fighters are… D.O. THE TITAN OF EARTH AND SEHUN THE TITAN OF WIND,” TOP shouted.

D.O. glanced around with his large owl-like eyes and stopped when his stare met Kai’s. Sehun collapsed onto his knees.

“Get up Sehunnie,” Luhan exclaimed as he tried to held the younger up.

“D.O.,” Sehun called out.

“Sehun...” D.O. met Sehun’s eyes.

The guards rushed in and dragged the unwilling two away. Another guard led the rest of the group to their seats. They all watched in horror as the two entered the field. Unlike Lay and Luhan, they didn’t hug before the fight, they both looked vicious.

“It’th you or me D.O.,” Sehun shouted across the field.

“I don’t want to fight you!”

“Too bad, huh?”

“Why are you like this Sehun?!”

“I have to be...” Sehun looked down.

“You don’t have to. What if we don’t fight?” he asked Sehun. “What if we don’t fight?” he called into the crowd.

“Then you’ll both be executed,” A voiced boomed over the loud speaker.

“Come on, D.O. There ith no other choice. Fight me like a man!” Sehun hastened his speed.

“I don’t want to.” D.O. encircle himself with large boulders.

“Knock knock,” Sehun said on the other side of the barrier.

“I don’t want to.”

“Do you want to leave Kai alone?”

The barrier collapsed when he heard his lover’s name being spoken.

“If you want to thtay with Kai, you gotta kill me. But, I will put up a fight thince I have thomeone to go back to, too.” Sehun grabbed D.O.’s shoulders.

“But—"

D.O. was cut off when Sehun called an enormous gust of wind to blow him backward. D.O. started to stand but Sehun knocked him over with another puff of typhoon winds.

“Cut it out!” D.O. was starting to get irritated.

“Make me.”

Symbolic tattoos had formed over the petite boy’s body and the Earth began to tremble.

“There he ith.” Sehun smirked.

Heavy boulders hurtled towards Sehun. He carefully avoided them.

“Ith that all you got?” Sehun prepared a large breath.

He hadn’t realized D.O. was preparing an ace up his sleeve; a rock twice the size of the other ones was flung at Sehun. He used the breath to levitate the incoming boulder, but another one rammed in his front side and knocked the wind out of him. Repetitiously he was knocked off his feet.

Sehun wiped away the blood he’d coughed up and stood up, which was becoming more difficult. He’d be in danger if he continuously got hit like that anymore. Sehun gather a large breath but was once again knocked back by a boulder but this time, another mound of rock hit him from behind. He was trapped between the giant stones and was lifted into the air to meet D.O. His eyes were glazed over and all emotion had left his face. With an evil smile, D.O. sent the boulders flying downward, with Sehun under both. D.O. lowered himself and his tattoos began to disappear.

“SEHUN!” D.O. cried when he’d realized who he was hurting.

“D.O.,” Sehun gasped beneath the boulders.

“Oh my gosh, I’m sorry, here let me move the—"

“Don’t,” the younger wheezed.

“But, Sehun...”

“Come here, D.O.” Sehun motioned his hand for the other to approach him.

“Sehun. I’m… I’m so sorry” D.O.’s eyes became moist.

“It’th okay, I forgive you. I would’ve done the thame if I were ath thtrong ath you,” He lisped.

“What?” D.O. nervously laughed.

“S-ah-y 'goodbye' to my Luhannie.” Sehun pronounced his “s” as clearly as possible.

“No, don’t leave! “ D.O. pushed the boulder’s off the younger. Sehun coughed more blood, some splattering onto D.O.

“It'th time. Oh, here cometh Lunhannie.” Sehun weakly smiled as the other joined them. “I thought you wouldn’t come.”

“Of course I would, Sehun! Please, Sehun,” Luhan bawled.

“I’m thorry I ignored you yethterday. I’m thorry I’ve made you feel bad about yourthelf. And motht of all, I’m thorry I didn’t give you more attention,” Sehun apologized.

“It’s fine, I’ve never been mad at you before, Sehunnie.” Luhan held him. Sehun’s eyes started going void.

“WAIT SEHUN,” Luhan cried.

“I’ll see you thoon.” he smiled.

“Promise?”

“I promithe.”

“Before...” Luhan cleared his throat, “Before you go… at least give me your reply. It’s been driving me crazy,” Luhan begged. Sehun smiled.

“Of courthe I love you, I have thince the beginning.” Sehun sat up quickly to kiss Luhan. He fell backward afterward. “Thorry I’ve made you wait tho long.”

“Sehun…”

“Goodbye, Luhan~”  Sehun closed his eyes and allowed his body to become limp in Luhan’s arms.

The guards carried the body away quickly but Luhan chased them the entire time until they left the building. The rest of the group caught up with Luhan and held him tightly. Luhan wasn’t one to be overly expressive with his emotions, but he whimpered without restraint now. When they returned to their dorm, D.O. locked himself in his room, not even letting Kai in.

Luhan cried continuously for hours afterward, up until dinner. Suho made Luhan’s favorite meal, pecking duck. The mind control Titan barely touched it though. Everyone attempted to eat since Suho had labored so hard to make dinner. D.O. walked in when everyone had finished.

“D.O.” Luhan stood up.

“Luhan. I sorry.” He spoke in a funny accent.

“Listen. It’ll take time but we’ll get through this.” he walked over to hug the younger.

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” D.O. scampered backward. He looked like an animal since he’d yet to wash the blood of his fallen comrade off.

“D.O.?”

D.O. twitched his head, carefully examining the room. He cowered in the corner, hissing at anyone that attempted to come in close proximity. He was literally on his hands and knees hissing at them. Something was deeply wrong with D.O.’s psyche. When the others backed away, he ran like a dog into his room and locked it.

“He’s… he’s insane,” Luhan said aloud.

“How do you know? Maybe he’s just dealing with this in a different way,” Kai defended his boyfriend.

“Does he LOOK sane to you? He’s crawling around like an animal. Plus his Mind is gone. All his thoughts are strange and jumbled."

“Just give him time, he’ll snap out of it.” Kai picked up the Taoris habit of biting his lip.

“You don’t just snap out of something like that, Kai. He needs help. He needs to see a psychiatrist.” Luhan clenched his fists.

“No, he doesn’t."

“YES, HE DOES,” Luhan shouted.

“WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO SEE HIM ANYWAY?” Kai shouted back with wet eyes. “All the humans hate us; they won’t want to help us.” Kai looked at the ground.

“Then, I’ll have to give him therapy,” Luhan stated. “Since I’m the most qualified one…”