XXVI

Titans

Luhan ducked in perfect time so Kris didn’t spot him spying on them. Luhan didn’t necessarily need to hide from them since he was trapped in the house too, but something gave him the feeling he should probably avoid them for a while. He was jealous that they got to laugh together and he was treated like an outsider. He was the one saving everyone, so why was he the bad guy?

“It’s because you can’t tell them, Luhan,” he thought to himself. He wished he could tell everyone what was actually happening, but they’d all be in danger if the Human Rebellion holding them hostage found out; they’d all be killed instantly.

He sighed and crawled to Tao’s room.

“How are you feeling?” Luhan sat beside the bed.

Tao slowly sat up and stretched. “Awful,” he admitted. “This stress is so tiresome and using my powers is having an effect on me.”

“I know, I’m getting frequent headaches.” Luhan rubbed his head.

“You normally don’t come here in person, since you can ask me anything in my mind…so why’d you stop by?”

“Just a bit lonely, since no one wants to be friends with the 'bad guy'.” Luhan hung his head.

“But you’re not the bad guy. The humans are the bad people, not us. We’re the ones that will save everyone.”

“They don’t know that. They think I’m a spy.” He smiled.

“I heard,” Tao laughed. “Oh well, they’ll thank us for our brave efforts.” He patted the other’s shoulder. “How are they?”

“Well, a little bored, but they’re fine. Xiumin told me to tell you that he thought you were actually going to kill him.” Luhan grinned.

“Hey, I was just being convincing. My acting would’ve been better, but I started feeling really nauseous after using my powers. All the built up stress had really taken…a toll…on me…” Tao slowed his speech when he noticed the shock in Luhan’s eyes.

“Kris heard us…” Luhan had let his guard down and didn’t notice Kris’s presence from behind the door.

“What are we going to do?” Tao whispered.

“He can still hear you, stupid,” Luhan grumbled..

Kris entered slowly with a bowl of soup in his hand. “I came to see if you’d like some soup,” Kris said nervously. “I didn’t know Luhan was in here.”

“Kris.” Tao buried his head in his hands.

“We know you overheard us, you don’t have to hide it.” Luhan sighed.

“What are you talking about?” Kris set the bowls down on the dresser, “What were you talking about?” he sat next to Luhan.

“Thanks for pretending for us Kris, but I’m going to erase your memory.”

“Wait!” Tao stopped the other, “What harm does it actually do if Kris knows this much already? Come on Luhan~ he can just pretend he doesn’t know like this.”

“He’ll probably tell the others. Besides, I’m not going to risk it.”

“Then, I won’t corporate with you anymore.” Tao folded his arms.

“Oh, you want Baekhyun to die? Fine by me.” Luhan stormed off as he usually does whenever he gets upset.

“I’m sorry you heard that Kris.” Tao rubbed the elder’s shoulder.

“It’s fine. I guess I’m used to not understanding everything. But, since I know that one day I will understand, I can let it go for now. I just want you to answer one question.”

“Fair enough.”

“Are the others… are they alive?” Kris asked nervously.

“They died but they’re not dead.” Tao smiled, “Now let’s take a nap before dinner.”

“But the soup - ” Kris was dragged into bed.

“It can wait.” Tao pulled the other closer.

Kris smiled and slept comfortably.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Krissie~”

Kris grumbled as he sat up, “Hm?”

“Did you sleep well?” Tao had prepared a small breakfast for the older.

“Oh my gosh, is it morning?!”

“Yeah, I tried waking you up but you kept telling me you were really really tired so I let you sleep.”

“Well, that . Now I’m all drowsy.” Kris patted his face to help himself wake up.

“I made you pancakes,” Tao smiled.

Kris enjoyed the chocolate chip pancakes Tao made for him, occasionally feeding the other a bite. As Tao stood up to head out, Kris grabbed his wrist.

“Could I ask a favor from you?”

“Sure, what is it?” Tao smiled.

“Could you… could you not come to the fight today?” Kris asked honestly.

“What! Why not?”

“Cause I’m going to be fighting Baekyun today. I don’t want you to see me get aggressive like that…”

“Kris.” Tao gently placed his hand on the elder’s shoulder, “I understand your feelings but I have to go today. Just think about how heartless I became; I didn’t want you to see me so cold-hearted. But I did what had to be done.” Tao swallowed hard.

“Yeah, but you were sending Xiumin to go be with Chen, I’m going to take Baekhyun away from Chanyeol. Imagine how upset he’ll be.”

“I hate to say it so bluntly Kris, but only one of you will win. And I really really really hope it’s you because I don’t know what I’d do with myself without you.” Tao’s eye became wet.

“Babe, don’t cry!” Kris panicked.

“Babe?” Tao smiled.

“What?  Is that weird to call you that?”

“No, I’m happy. I’ve tried to get you to call me ‘Panda’ in so many time lines, but somehow you always come back to ‘babe’… is it an American thing?”

“I guess.” Kris flashed a half smile.

“Let’s head to meet up with everyone.” Tao tugged the other off the bed.

“Fine,” Kris sighed and allowed himself to be dragged into the living room where everyone was sitting quietly.

The fateful knock sounded throughout the small dorm and the group of seven was obediently rushed to Coliseum 2, their hell-hole. Gathering in the steel room with a singular T.V. once more, already knowing which names TOP was going to announce.