Chapter 2

In Hope of Love ♥

I almost choked on the piece of bagel in my mouth.

"SBS like Seoul Broadcasting System SBS?!" I couldn't believe my ears and at the same time so many things were going through my mind.

"Well duh SBS Seoul Broadcasting System!" Wendy knew better than anyone how much I loved Korean Dramas and Korean Pop music and pretty much anything Korean entertainment related.

"What did they say? What did they say?" I was being way too loud in the small bakery but I didn't care, this was SBS baby!

"Well, they said that they were thinking about creating a new drama that starred a foreigner and were a bit hesitant because there aren't any foreign stars that speak Korean all too well... BUT when they saw your interview on Ellen and you said you were fluent they gained interest in you! So they want to know if you'd be interested...." she said with a grin.

I listened to every single word she said and still couldn't believe it. SBS is interested in me? ME?! This is so surreal, I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!

"Sooooo are you interested?" Wendy asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'm interested! This is the most amazing thing ever! Daebak!" I said almost yelling until Wendy's hand came over my mouth and and told me to calm down.

In a more serious tone she said "_____ I'm really excited for you but are you absolutely positive that this is something you wanna do? Once I make that phone call you can't back out or have any second thoughts whatsoever, ok? It could give you some bad publicity"

Still too overwhelmed by the sudden news "Of course! Call right now and tell them I said yes!"

Laughing at my response she replied "Alright, I'll call as soon as I get back to the office."

"Well go! Go now! Please go!" I said almost pushing her out of her seat.

"Ok I'm going, I'm going! I'll call you as soon as I have more info alright?"

"Arrasso! Saranghae Wendy-ah" I said with a huge grin and a wave as she walked away.

"Your not even in Korea yet and your already speaking Korean? Imagine what you're gonna be like when you get there!" she said laughing and waved goodbye.

I sat back down and daydreamed about the bright future that was soon to come. After about a half hour of staring into space, I snapped out of it and grabbed my belongings and left. The day went on and I didn't hear back from Wendy but I didn't get upset and instead I went on a shopping trip, out for lunch and back home still on cloud nine.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning at 7:00 a.m sharp my phone blasted waking me up from my deep sleep.

~Ooooooooooooh, wanna be loved, don't be fool, wanna be cool, wanna be loved, noewaui same love....

"Aishh! You're killing me with these early calls Carter!" I said in a groggy voice to Wendy without a proper 'hello'.

"If it bothers you so much then I guess I shouldn't tell you that you need to start packing for Korea because you leave tomorrow... Who cares about that right? No you just go back to sleep!' she said right before almost hanging up.

"WHAT!" I said immediately sitting up on my bed as I processed what she was saying.

"That's right kiddo! We're leaving tomorrow at 3 p.m so be ready! I'll come by later and we can talk more alright? Buh-Bye!" and I could almost see her smiling as she said this.

A smile crept up on my face and I got up jumping for joy on the bed " YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YA-Oophm! Ow! My .." I muttered from the side of the bed "Thank goodness no one saw that!" I said as I stood up from the floor.

After breakfast I spent the day packing all my clothes and afterwards I waited for Wendy to show up to ask for help wondering if there was anything else I should pack.

"When we get there they will have a home ready for you to move in too and everything so all you have to do is take your personal belongings with you. Any more questions?"

"Mmmm, nope? I don't think so"

"Alright, get some goodnight sleep and I'll see you tomorrow at the airport! Bye!" She said as she walked out.

"Sleep? Yeah, that's gonna happen" I said chuckling to myself as I closed the door behind her.

I went straight to bed afterwards and dreamt happily waiting for tomorrow to come.

------------------------------------------------------------

I promise BTS will finally make their first appearance in the next chapter!
Please leave me comments and thank you for reading! :)