Chapter 40

In Hope of Love ♥

Will you marry me?

I think most girls who have been in a relationship as short as mine would have thought thoroughly about the answer to this question, but not me. Most girls would wonder if it'd be a good decision, one they wouldn't regret sometime along the road, or if they were old enough or maybe even if they loved this person enough to be with them forever, but not me. Most girls would look back at everything they've done in life so far and wonder if it's enough to say they lived, wondering if they were ready to settle down and start a family, but not me.

Me? I didn't have to think twice about my relationship with J-Hope, not even a little bit. Me? I had immense faith in our relationship and I knew that this would never be a mistake. To me, age was just a number and, although our numbers were small, that wouldn't stop us. As for the question, did I love him? I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Me? I can look back on my life and say "Wow, I've done some really amazing things." But that didn't mean I was giving that up in exchange for settling down. No, the way I saw it was that marrying the man I loved was like starting a whole new adventure and starting a family? I'm sure we're going to be the best of parents, someday

"Will you marry me?" I stared at him and I just knew.

"Yes, I will.." I nodded, warmth and butterflies filling my insides. J-Hope placed the ring on my finger and it was just about the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. He stood up from off the ground and pulled me in for a tight hug. I buried my face into the crook of his neck and soon enough his exposed soon was wet with my tears of joy. The rest of our party cheered for us and our newly announced engagement while I hugged my fiance. Fiance. The word felt weird flowing out of my mouth but I liked it.  

"Hey ..." Hoseok lifted my face to his from my chin while all the commotion was going on.

"Hmm?" I looked at his handsome face.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" 

"I wouldn't have it any other way babe" I stuck my tongue out at him "You're not having second thoughts already, are you?"

"Never in a million years my love." He made me flush all types of pink. 

"Cheers!!" Everyone celebrated.

Thus continued the most surprising night of my life.

_________________

"Mmmm..." I rolled over in my bed and landed face down into my pillow and my arm hanging off the edge. I didn't realize that my body was on my other arm until I started to lose feeling of it. I felt something grab my body and roll me over to the opposite side. I remained motionless and all I could hear was light breathing that wasn't mine. After a few minutes I, unwillingly, opened my eyes to see Hoseok staring back at me. 

"Good morning gorgeous" Hoseok's husky and low sleepy voice was about the iest thing ever. "How are you, fiance? He emphasized.

"Good morning handsome, I am wonderful. How are you, fiance? I love saying that.." I laughed.

"Fantastic now that you're up".

"I think we are as corny and annoying  as Jimin and V said" I laughed "But that's okay because I love it."

"If you love it, I'll do it." He smiled.

"Maybe we should have a code word for when it's too much. Kinda like letting the other know to stop but nicely."

"I like that idea! What about .... I ate pineapples?" He suggested.

"Random ... I like it!" 

“By the way, we’re meeting my parents today …”

“What?! Are you serious?” He nodded. “Hoseok, we got engaged yesterday! It hasn’t even been 24 hours yet.”

“Well I couldn’t help it! I told my mom that I wanted to propose and she was so excited that she wanted to meet you as soon as possible if you said yes…” I had to admit that made me feel better by hearing that.

“C’mon sweety, get ready and we’ll head out to meet them for breakfast.” I didn’t budge. I felt as if 10 pounds of nervousness were weighing down. “Please?” he pouted cutely. I caved for 2 reason: 1. I was eventually going to have to meet his parents. 2. Hoseok looked really cute that way.

“Aish, alright!” He ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead before shoving me towards the bathroom to shower. When I was done, I wrapped myself in a towel and peeked out to check if he was still there.

He’s probably downstairs in his room.

I walked to my closet and stared at all my clothes. “What should I wear? Should I wear something casual or more formal? I’ve never met a guy’s parents before and I certainly have never attended an engagement meeting of any kind..” I decided to go with something dressy, it’s always better to be overdressed rather than underdressed for an occasion like this. I finished my hair and makeup and prayed to the heavens that I’d make a good impression.

“Ready?” Hoseok knocked just as I was picking up.

“Nae”.

“You look perfect. Don’t worry, everything is going to turn out fine”. I nodded and followed him out to the car. He started driving and soon we were in the busy streets of Gangnam. We pulled up to a restaurant and when we went inside I couldn’t help but notice the people. They were all very dressy and it was obvious they were high end.

 Thank goodness I chose something dressy.

“We’re with the Jung party in the private dining hall.” Hoseok told the host and he led us to a private room. The man opened the door for us and inside sat a man and a very elegant woman. They looked familiar because I had met them at Mi Soo and Hoseok’s engagement party but I didn’t know if they'd remember me. They stood to meet us but ony Mrs. Jung looked content. Mr. Jung had a stern expression.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Eomma, Appa.” Hoseok greeted his parents with a hug and a handshake. They turned to me. “Eomma and Appa, this is _______”.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Mr. and Mrs. Jung. It’s so nice to see you” Mrs. Jung smiled at me and Mr. Jung spoke to me for the first time.

“I wish I could say the feeling is mutual”.  

________________

Hello! Finally an update!:D How was it? I hope good!  I apologize that I haven't been updating lately but school had been very hectic lately what with me being a senior and all :P This weekend is a perfect example because this Saturday is my prom! I hope I have a fun time even though I'm not going with the boy I like :( Anyways, anyone else going to prom soon? :) let me know down below! 

Please comment, subscribe, upvote, etc and thanks for reading! :)

P.S Mr. Jung is going to be a problem >.> ohh and sorry if this chapter :(