Imagine Tao

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

62) 'Saved me but stole my heart'

 

Crying for help was the only thing I could do while running on the streets.. There was no hope, as not even a single soul would answer my calling.. He was getting too close… I was near the end.. I just wished I could turn time back.. I wouldn’t have stayed till so late at work.. But I needed money, so I had to..

I couldn’t even see properly because of the tears that kept falling down.. I was holding my bag close to my chest, knowing that this is what he wanted.. But it was no way I would let him steal it.. I turned to see whether he was still chasing me.. He didn’t give up yet..

I wondered why wasn’t anyone around.. It seemed like people would just watch the whole scene from behind a dark curtain, not intending to do something… Well, I didn’t blame them.. I will also fear to get myself in trouble.. Funny thing is I always ended up doing that… see me now..

I turned to my left and continued running, even if I was feeling tired.. I knew I wouldn’t resist for too long… At some point I just fell.. or maybe he pushed me..

I don’t remember very well.. I could feel him hiting me, but everything seemed so confusing.. I didn’t let the bag, protecting it with my arms..

“AISH.. YOU’RE DAMN STUPID! GIVE THAT BAG B**CH!”

I knew he was about to beat me to death, but then… I just heard some screams, I couldn’t understand what was going on.. I then felt dizzy, seeing all going black, while a voice was fading slowly in the dark: “Are you ok?”

I don’t know for how long I’ve been laying like this, with no strength, not even enough to just open my eyes.. I felt those hands always checking me, soothing my wounds, caressing my face.. Who ever that was, he stood by my side all this time..

One day, I felt the sunlight slightly touching my face like a mother, making me feel warm.. I finally opened my eyes and looked around.. I couldn’t understand how did I end up there.. Where was I?

What happened? Why did I feel so weak? How many days have passed? I just couldn’t stand all those questions that kept popping out in my mind, causing me a bad headache.. My stomach hurt.. I had a bandage.. I felt thirsthy.. there was no water.. I couldn’t even raise my hand..

I tried to call out someone… it was hard even to speak… I then saw a silhouette appearing in the middle of the sunlight,  coming slowly towards me until I could see him clearly.. A boy with short black hair, tall, handsome, with cute panda like eyes..

He was holding a tray.. probably some food.. I suddenly felt hungry… He got near the bed, put the tray down and helped me get up, and lean against the headboard.. I tried to stay awake, even though I felt so dizzy.. He helped me eat.. Wondered for how long will he continue to do all this for me.. He didn’t even know me..

“How are you feeling?”

I tried to speak, but it seemed as if I forgot how.. I just kept staring at him, asking myself what was that warmth inside my heart.. What was happening to me? Who was he?

“Did you like the food?”

I nodded slowly, reaching for his hand and squeezing it gently.. He smiled at me and pinched my cheek then stood up and head to the door..

Me: “Who… who.. are you?”

He turned his head smiling, resting his hand on the doorknob.. I felt like sleeping.. Whether it was a dream or not, that voice remained engraved deep inside my heart, making me feel peaceful: “I'm Tao, but you can call me panda..”

*

As the next days passed, I could feel a slightly recovery.. I couldn’t stand up and walk for too long, because of my stomach, but I was able to speak now..

Panda kept taking care of me like in the first day.. Speaking to him everyday made me feel as if I knew him for a long time… He was so sweet and childish..

I couldn’t be grateful enough for everything he has done..  I was so worried, especially because my grandma was all alone, with no one to help her.. He told me he took care of everything..

I wondered how did he manage to find out, but then I saw my bag and thought that maybe he just looked for an ID card, finding my address..

He told my grandma I was on a business trip.. Quite funny.. I was working at a café, actually.. but his intention was good, so that was what really mattered..

At the end of the week, I decided it was time to get back home.. I took my clothes and dressed up slowly, then I finally got out of the room.. I kept looking for Panda, but he was no where to find, so I wrote him a little note, thanking him for everything..

Once home, I phoned my boss, asking him if I could go back.. With all that happened, I never got to inform him.. He said he was waiting for me to come on Monday.. When did  I tell him? Oh.. That sweet panda..  he he.. Why was he so cute? Why was I feeling so weird?

*

I was preparing the drinks for the order, when my boss came near, asking me to make a sandwich.. I looked at him surprised.. I never let one customer’s order to deal with another..

Boss: “I know.. but.. let me finish that.. go and make the sandwich.. and.. oh.. a nice cup of coffee, like you always do it..”

Me: “What’s with all this? Is there anyone special you’re waiting for?”

Boss: “Just do that.. Come on!”

He patted me on my shoulder then exited the kitchen, humming.. Now he was quite happy.. I took a cup and prepared the coffee and the sandwich, then I went to ask him at what table to take the order.. He said it was outside…

I got out of the café, looking for my costumer.. Strange… there was no one.. I let the tray on the table, noticing a note… “Hope you enjoy this sweet meal.. I wanted to treat you, since it’s my birthday.. don’t know if you still remember me.. panda eyes?? He he.. Take care!”.. Tao.. how could I forget him? Even if 6 months passed already since the incident, he was still inside my heart..

*

I was walking slowly, looking for the house… I didn’t really pay attention at the surroundings when I left six months ago, so it was quite difficult to remember, but I knew it had to be at the end of the street..

I got infront of the door and knocked.. No one answered… He wasn’t home.. Maybe he was celebrating his birthday with friends… I sat on the porch, putting the gift in my lap..  I fell asleep, cause it was already night when I opened my eyes, feeling that soft hand caressing my face.

Me: “Tao?”

Tao: “Hey.. What are you doing here?”

Me: “Happy Birthday, Panda!”

Tao: “Oh.. thank you!”

Me: “Um.. ok… well.. I’ll leave now. Take care! Bye!”

I got on the street, when suddenly all those moments came back in my mind.. I could hear the screams and feel those disgusting arms hurting my body.. I closed my eyes trying to get rid of that fear.. I started shaking.. I ran back to Tao, hugging him… He asked me what happened..

Me: “I .. The street..night.. thief..”

He took me in his arms, asking me to relax.. I couldn’t.. I felt so scared… All that darkness around me.. I hold him tight, afraid that he might let me wander alone in the black night…

He lifted me up and got inside the house, going upstairs.. He let me down on the bed, covering me with the blanket, then patting my hand, until I fell asleep.. He then got up to leave the room, but I stopped him.. He turned and looked at me..

Me: “Don’t leave me, please!”

Tao: “I will never, my love!”

And he did what he said.. He’s still near me, after so many years.. Always there to hold me tight, to protect me, to love me.. My sweet romantic panda..

________________

Hope you liked it! Please continue to love and support EXO! Thank you for reading! God bless you all!