Family

Unexpected
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunyoung bit her lips. She blew out air and raised her fist about to knock the massive white wooden door, but she dropped it down again for the nth time. Eunyoung shook her head and grunted. Since when did knocking a door made her frustrated? She sighed and finally, knocked boldly on the door. 

It opened a few seconds after she did, revealing one of the servants who popped her head behind the door, but immediately opened the it widely when she saw Eunyoung standing in front.

 

"Oh... Miss Eunyoung-"

"Is uh... ehrm..  umma here?" Eunyoung needed to adapt herself back to saying the word 'umma'. Had been quite a few years since that word came out of .

"Yes. Yes, please come in. It's your house,"

 

Eunyoung went inside awkwardly and sat on the green couch at the guest room, while the servant went to get Mrs. Nam for her. She traced her fingers on the couch and looked at the ceiling which had a hanging chandelier above. She barely hung out in that room when she was still living there, well, after all, she was the one living in the house. She didn't deserve to hang out in the guest room, but now, she did. And she wanted it that way. She had came there as a guest. As a visitor. Nothing more.

 

"Had been a long time huh?"

 

Eunyoung averted her gaze and looked back in front. Mrs. Nam stood there with her white blazer over her blue knee-length dress. Eunyoung had inherited her beauty. The older woman looked at her with a meaningful smile, potrayed by her eyes. It was always that way. Her beautiful eyes were able to shout out her emotions.

 

"You're here..." She said softly, not believing the scene in front of her. Mrs. Nam went over her daughter and hugged her tightly, not wanting to release her. Eunyoung stiffened, but pat on her back anyways before releasing the hug.

"Where's Jiyou?" Mrs. Nam asked with a smile, right now, litterally on her lips.

Eunyoung sighed, "Look, I'm not here because I want to go back here again. I know I'm not in the state where I could ask you a favour but I need to ask you one thing."

"Of course, anything," Her mother responded, still admiring how beautiful the grown-up Eunyoung was.

"I- I'm getting married."

 

Mrs. Nam widened her eyes and laughed dryly. opened but nothing came out of it.

 

"Look, I know it's surprising-"

"No, no, no! It's not surprising. It's great, I knew you were always bold in makin

Please log in to read the full chapter