oops

Unexpected
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I think you already know what I'll be talking with you for the next hour or so,"

Sungyeol sat down silently while gazing downwards.

In front of him, above Mrs. Lee's working table, was a thin black book which he didn't dare to lay his eyes on. He knew if he took a glance at it, he would see all of his failing marks.

"Looking at your body language, I assume that you already know what to expect if I open your report book,"

Sungyeol nodded slightly.

"So, why do you always want to make it difficult? Why don't you want to improve? You are the eldest son of the Lee family and I expect you to behave like one! Even Daeyeol can do better than you,"

"Oh then I think you should just forget about me and rely on Daeyeol. After all what matters to you is just wealth right?" Sungyeol attacked her suddenly.

He had gotten enough of this.

"Because I feel you can do it Sungyeol!! I know you can. You have a better potential than Daeyeol! You're just so stubborn!"

"But what if I don't want to?!"

Mrs. Lee sighed and shook her head. "You don't know how big the Lee corporation is,"

"It's big enough for you to dump appa for the company," Sungyeol said with a smirk, which was immediately responded by Mrs. Lee's hand slapping across his face.

He held his cheek and glared at her.

She pierced her eyes towards her son's.

"And didn't I make it clear that you are grounded?" She asked and the TV on their left side.

Sungyeol had his eyes pinned on the screen which was showing a video footage from the camera. He saw himself jumping above the gate of the back garden, that rainy night when he wanted to go to Eunyoung's apartment. Mrs. Lee paused the video.

"Where were you going that night?"

Sungyeol looked at her.

"Note that I already know the answer,"

"I was just going to Woollim to take my books," Despite the warning, Sungyeol still lied.

"Mmh... I see," Mrs. Lee said sarcastically as she pressed the remote button and the TV screen immediately changed to a collection of 'paparazi' photos of Sungyeol. From the time he was buying the flower for Eun in the flower shop across the street, until when he arrived at Eunyoung's apartment.

He opened his eyes widely and looked at his mother.

"You... Spied on me?" He asked in disbelief.

"Well, tell me now. Is that Woollim? Because I don't think I've invested my money on a crap like that,"

Despite being offended, Sungyeol looked downwards and didn't say a word.

"You know, I think your friendship with that beggar.."

"Woohyun,"

"Whatever... Is going too far. He's pulling down your marks,"

"It's not because of him."

"I don't care Sungyeol! I need you to just do one thing. One freaking thing and that's passing your subjects!"

Sungyeol sighed and gaze down.

He knew he didn't have any more choice but to nod. "Ne umma."

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter