Chapter 9

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a minstal story, no need to worry.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Soojung,” Minho called her when she was heading to her room, passing the study room.

She just arrived from her outing with L and didn’t expect Minho at home, hands folded on his chest. He was supposed to be back the day after tomorrow. He looked angry, with those papers on his hand, gripped tightly. Actually, Krystal didn’t want him to see her in that state. She drank a bit and her mini dress might smell like smokes. This wasn’t good.

“I thought you’re gonna be home tomorrow,” she failed to make her voice stable. She was drunk.

“I rushed back here, knowing that you’ve sneaked out every night and even skipped your class when I was away,” he threw the papers to the table, showing her. It was the letters from the university. “What am I supposed to say to your dad?”

Though she wasn’t completely sober, she could sense that Minho was angry, frustrating, and tired. Despite of that, he really tried not to yell at her. He kept his voice as calm as possible. It made Krystal even more uncomfortable. Guilty.

Minho walked slowly, approaching her and without having to sniff it, he could smell that she drank. And for worse, he could tell that cigarettes involved. He took a deep breath, she was out of his reach. “So this is what you’ve been doing with Myungsoo.”

It wasn’t a question. It wasn’t an accusation. Minho was merely stating a fact.

Noticing the hurt in his voice, the sadness in his face and somehow defeated, Krystal felt even more uncomfortable. Was she too much?

“Minho, I-“

“I get it. You’ve been going out with Myungsoo, no need to tell me that,” he backed off, sitting on the couch, burying his face in his hands. “I know everything. I always believe that I can help you stop drinking. I believe that I can make you away from cigarettes. I even believe that I’ll help you to regain your memories,” he talked quietly. “But that was a selfishness of mine. I can’t do anything, not if you don’t even believe Uncle Jung. Not if I can’t change your heart.”

“Are you giving up on me?” soberness hit her. She couldn’t believe what she just heard. Minho was giving up on her. 

“I thought things are finally better between us. But apparently, Myungsoo could always blow it in a blink. I can’t do anything if your heart already chose.”

“Then try more!” Krystal encouraged him. She didn’t know why she hated him being like this. The thought of him giving up on her was just… no.

“Stop making me confused,” Minho rubbed his temple. “Isn’t this what you always want? To be freed from me? To be together with Myungsoo?” He stood up, ready to go to his room. He was so tired, he hadn’t even changed his suit. And it was already three in the morning.

Maybe keeping her with him was wrong. Maybe his protectiveness was a waste. She chose L. And there was no use to fight more.

Krystal stopped him when he walked passed her. She grabbed his sleeve tightly, forcing him to face her. “Why Minho? Didn’t you promise to help me remember about you?” she asked weakly.

“You broke your promise about not meeting L,” he smiled sadly. Somehow it made her frustrated. “There’s no use to keep mine anymore.”

“Minho…,” she pleaded.

He put his hand on hers, removing both from his sleeve. “Maybe the reason why you couldn’t remember me… because you don’t want to remember at all.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She couldn’t sleep. The view of Minho’s surrender back kept on appearing in her mind every time she closed her eyes. His sad eyes just kept on budging him. That expression just couldn’t leave her alone. Now she already took a shower and completely sober, everything had become clearer.

“Maybe the reason why you couldn’t remember me… because you don’t want to remember at all.”

Those words echoed in her ears. Came to think of it, she always questioned everything that Minho told her. She always argued when he wanted her to do something. He shouted. He yelled. They fought. But it was always her who started it. She never listened to him, yet he never gave up until now.

While with L, everything seemed easier. He never shouted. He never yelled. They didn’t fight, not even a small argument. Because it was easier for her to say yes to him. She always let him in.

Maybe Minho was right, Krystal never really gave him a chance. She gave him once but the moment L intervened, she unconsciously leaning towards L. But what L gave her was way more provable. Pictures and that song were too assuring. Meanwhile, what Minho had was just words. Unexplainable words.

Because she never gave him a chance to talk. She never gave him a chance to explain. She never really asked.

Adding more his protectiveness towards her. Minho was always thought about her first. He controlled what she ate. He made sure that she was safe. And every time her heart ached, he showed her this indescribable worried. As if he was the one who felt that pain. He was sincere, she just didn’t see it. Jinri was right, her heart was too stubborn.

But L was the one. That song proved everything. But why she didn’t feel happy when Minho finally freed her? Why she couldn’t feel at ease yet?

She didn’t know what to do. It was too confusing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Minho couldn’t sleep either. He changed his suit to home clothes and lied on his bed. But not long after, he went down to his study room, thinking that maybe work could distract him. In the end, he just stared at his laptop blankly.

Krystal changed a lot. She used to follow him around and shouted ‘oppa, oppa!’ whenever she called him. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter