Chapter 17

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m going to call the doctor,” Minho pulled himself away and rushed over to the door. He disappeared from her eyes in no time.

Her head was extremely hurt when she moved to the side, trying to see her surrounding. She wasn’t in Minho’s room anymore. She believed that she was lying on the hospital bed, seeing all those medical equipment at the side. Sooyoung was there, standing at the edge of her bed with Jinri beside her. They looked really worried and somehow relieved.

Sooyoung approached her and her forehead gently. “How are you feeling?”

She remembered this. A warm touch that only Sooyoung could give. “What happened?”

“Heart attack,” she smiled sadly. “You passed out in Minho’s room. And you’ve been unconscious for almost a day.”

Before she could answer more, Minho came in, followed by a doctor and two nurses. He gave a sign to his sisters to leave them alone so they could examine her. And she couldn’t hide her disappointment when the Chois went outside. She wanted to talk with them, especially with Minho.

“She mumbled your name right before she woke up,” Jinri told Minho when they took a seat outside her room. “Do you think…?”

“I don’t know,” Minho shrugged. “She had been seeing things lately. We shouldn’t push her to remember anything. I’m afraid she will collapse again.”

They kept on quiet while waiting for the doctor to come out. Sometimes they only stared at each other and smiled. When it was already ten minutes, Taemin and Sehun arrived and took them to the cafeteria. Only Minho stayed outside.

There were a lot reasons why Minho didn’t want Krystal to come inside his room. That room held a lot evidences of their past memories. The first painting she gave as his birthday gift was there, hanging above his headboard. So were her last painting and the easel she used to use.

Back then, she owned a polaroid camera and always brought them anywhere with her. It was the first gift that Minho gave her. They took tons of pictures together with that camera. Minho always habit of writing down the date and leaving some messages on every picture she took. Without his will, she pasted everything in his bedroom one by one. The amount of those sequence pictures was lots enough to cover almost a whole side of his wall.

That was what she saw before she collapsed. All pictures of those memories they shared together since they were kids until they fully grown up. He, she, Sooyoung, Jinri, Sehun, Taemin, his family, her family, their friends, and even L, were recorded there. He didn’t want her to see it because he was afraid. What if she saw it and yet she still couldn’t remember him? He had to admit that those picture probably his last key to open her memories. If it didn’t work, he didn’t know what to do anymore. If those pictures couldn’t wake her memories, he felt like he had to give up on her. And he would never be ready for that.

Besides, he wanted her to get her memories back slowly and naturally, if that was possible. He believed that a sudden remembrance wouldn’t do better for her. And it was true. She collapsed.

“Is everything alright?” Minho approached the doctor when they finally come out. The nurse closed the door behind.

“She only need some rest right now,” the doctor told him to his relieve. “Seems like she got a shock and it caused her a mild heart attack.”

“Shock?” Minho frowned.

“Because too much going on in her brain, all at once. We need to examine it further. You may come in.”

After said thanks, Minho pushed the door slowly and came in. Krystal was there, looking at the window. And when she noticed him, she turned her head and stared at him. So sadly and longingly, it made him confused. But he dared himself to walk towards the side of her bed. Fingers crossed.

“Oppa,” the way she called him made his smile fade away. She didn’t cry. She didn’t smile. But there was an intense feeling that showed in her longing eyes.

“Minho oppa,” she called again. This time was louder and clearer. She frowned a bit as if she was checking whether Minho’s mind was there or not.

And he couldn’t even think anymore when her weak body suddenly touched him as she wrapped her hands around him. She buried her face to his chest, feeling him. There was always a reason why this felt so right. And there was a reason why her body always rejected L. Because it was Minho. It was always him.

Minho didn’t hug her back and just stood still, trying to contemplate everything. When the heat hit his eyes, he finally released himself from paralyzed. He turned his head to the side and slowly downing it. He pinched his lids with his left hand, trying to push the tears back in. He realized what was happening.

“Why you called me that?” Minho finally found his voice after he managed to push his tears back. Fortunately she didn’t look up. Her face still buried in his chest.

“Isn’t that what I always calls you with?” she tighten her arms as she asked him back.

And he pulled back and forced their body to separate. She finally looked up and saw his face. When their eyes met, he immediately burst into tears.

Finally.

Finally.

Finally.

She remembered him.

Krystal pulled him again and they shared a hug like never before. He kept on crying and hugging her tightly yet gently. She had no idea how long he had been waiting for this moment. The moment when she finally crossed the bridge and approached him. The bridge of her lost memories.

“Oppa, why are you crying?” Krystal laughed when she pulled back a bit, just to see his face.

But Minho quickly pulled her back to his embrace, hugging her even more tightly. “I’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter