Chapter 27

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t go, oppa.”   

Krystal recited her plea once again when tears were flowing to her cheeks. Gone all her cold, firm denial. Her words stated what she wanted. Her eyes stated what she needed.

Him.

Now that her eyes met his, he could tell why she had been acting like this. The fragile state of her explained about why she had been avoiding him. She was hurt, for the reason that wasn’t even exists in the first place. Her jealousy for Hara was so absurd and unnecessary. Minho had never waved, and he just simply couldn’t.

 “Will you tell me why are you crying?” Minho pulled her hand that was wiping her own tears away, replacing it with his.

She brought the other hand of his down with her, clenching it tightly as if she was looking for support in it. Minho held it back and her palm with his thumb, soothing her. His right hand was still on her face, wiping her unstoppable tears gently. Her face was so sad that it hit him hard. She shouldn’t cry.

But she couldn’t utter any words out. She was so absorbed in her sole desperation.

 Minho now her hair instead, there was no use of wiping her tears. It was too overflowing. He smiled, contrary with what he felt inside. Seeing her in so much pain was hurtful to watch. And this all happened because of him.

“I…” Krystal finally found her voice. Her courage. “I don’t want you to go.”

“Why?” he put a strand of her hair back to her ears, showing her face better.

Again, her eyes locked with his. Demanding and determined. “I used to be the only one you talked to. I was the only one who walked next to you. I used to be the only one you hold into. I don’t want to be replaced.“

“Hara is your best friend Soojung,” Minho reminded her.

“I don’t care,” she shook her head lightly. “I’ve been telling myself that she could have you. Even if I told her, I…”

Minho moved closer and put his arms around her small figures. She leaned on him completely, soaking his shirt with her tears.

She clutched his shirts and hung there. “I don’t want to see you with Hara. I don’t want you to fall for her. I don’t want you to be owned by anyone and I don’t care who is she.”

“And have you figure it out why?”

She gripped his shirt even tighter, delivering him his determined feeling. “I want you, oppa. I won’t care even if you don’t want me anymore. I love you, and I don’t care whose heart I have to ditch just to have you back.”

Her confession echoed in his mind, exploding tremendous feeling to his heart.

This was it, the moment that he had been waiting for. No more haunting memories. No more tying engagement. Just the honest heart of hers choosing him for the present, real him. His confidence was back, no need to hesitate anymore.

“You’re choosing me over your own best friend?” he tried to stir her heart.

She nodded.

“You wont give me up to another girl?“

She nodded again.

“You wont even give up if I don’t love you anymore?”

Krystal pulled herself from his hug. Her tears were stopped and now she could see his face, smiling sweetly to her. She might not understand what had happened between Minho and Hara, but that smile gave her courage, assuring her that she could finally at ease. She had to choose. And she chose to believe him.

“I’ll give up on you only if you become a gay, like Sehun told me,” she pouted.

“I won’t,” Minho laughed wholeheartedly. “If only you are the one who I put my heart into.”

“You…”

He smiled, seeing her eyes wondering. He reached the blanket on the couch and wrapped it around her. “Like I told you thousand times, I only have you. You don’t have to question that. I love you too, Soojung.”

And Minho couldn’t help but to burst into laughter when she crashed herself to him hard, ignoring his attempt to protect her from the cold night-wind. The blanket fell from her shoulder as she hugged him ever so tightly, delivering all her relieves. She didn’t need to worry anymore. He was hers and never been anyone else’s.

He felt dumfounded when she cried again. “Why are you crying again?” he her hair.

“I’m glad you had nothing to do with her,” she sobbed like a little girl. “Don’t do that again even if it’s just to trick me.”

She felt him tensed, moving uncomfortably. “Do you think I’ll do that?”

“No,” she shook her head in his embrace, finally laughed. “You won’t have a heart to do that. Besides, I remembered that your acting is awful.”

Minho joined her laughs for a mere second before giving her his serious tone again. “If I tell you something about your friend, will you believe me?”

She lifted her face and saw him looking down at her, hesitating. His eyes showed his fear. Not the fear of telling her the truth, but the fear from the possibility of Krystal doubting him.

But she wouldn’t give him a chance to question her faith. “I will believe you, no matter what. You can tell me what happened.”

He was about to open his mouth when they heard his phone was ringing again. Again, it reminded him about the event he needed to attend.

“Err…” he hesitated.

“Just go,” Krystal knew that his attendance at the auction was compulsory. Her dad wouldn’t ask him to come if this wasn’t important. “I’ll be okay. You can tell me after you go back.”

It wouldn’t even matter if Hara would be there. Minho said that she didn’t need to worry so she shouldn’t.  

“Are you sure?” he frowned. “Hara would be there, for your information.”

She giggled. “Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter