Chapter 12

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa-“ Jinri suddenly came out to Krystal’s room and stopped immediately once she saw what was happening. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t know.”

Jinri wasn’t expecting what she was seeing. Krystal was standing by her knee on the bed, hugging her brother tightly while crying a river. It was so bizarre. Krystal cried, Minho soothing her. Too unusual.

Minho freed himself from Krystal a bit, just so he could turn himself towards his sister. And Krystal, he didn’t know if she was embarrassed or what, letting him and sat herself down as she wiped her tears.

“What is it Jinri?” Minho was the one who broke the awkwardness.

“Sooyoung unni just want to make sure that you won’t be late,” Jinri told him, she looked guilty for interfering. “You know, to the hospital.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll get ready now,” Minho assured her and saw his little sister went out from the room, probably heading downstairs.  

Minho then looked at Krystal. She was hugging her knee and refused to look at him. She was still sobbing, with her hands on her eyes, wiping her tears. She looked really sad, and Minho ha no idea why. Then he sat down besides her, examining.

“Are you okay, Soojung?”

She only nodded, then she spoke with the hoarse voice of hers. “Sorry.”

“No need to say sorry,” he smiled even though she didn’t see it. “What is bothering you?”

She finally looked at him. Her eyes were still teary but she already stopped crying and composed herself. She could choose to be embarrassed and let it slip but she really wanted to know what was happening in her dream.

“I dreamt,” she told him.

“About?” Minho frowned. How bad it could be to make her cried like this?

“You.”

Though he had no idea what was she saw in that dream, but he could guess who was it. She mentioned him and L in her sobs. “Go on,” he encouraged her.

She began to tell him everything. As detail as she could recall. She told him about his late dad and how sad he was. About how he was crying and refused to play soccer again. And the current him just sat and listened carefully to everything she told him.

Until she finally asked the thing that had been bothering her. “Why did I say ‘Don’t lose to Myungsoo oppa‘?”

Minho didn’t answer immediately, he took his time before he looked back at her. “If I tell you, will you stay away from him?”

Krystal was taken aback by his sudden question. She could tell that he was being serious. How bad it could be?

“Minho,” she pleaded. She didn’t want to go through the same argument.

“If I tell you what happened between Myungsoo and I, will you believe me?” he insisted.

He didn’t need to hear the answer because he knew it. She was stuck at the confusion state. She still didn’t have anything to assure her whom to believe. Minho would talk bad about L as much as L would. And what they told always so contradictive. He knew she couldn't guarantee him a trust despite what she saw in her dream. It was telling him about how well their relationship when they were child but it didn’t give her any clue about who was the liar. Everything could change after that and she wouldn’t know.

“Then there will be no use of telling you,” he talked softly but sharp enough to hurt her feeling.

“Why you don’t want to tell me?”

“Uncle already told you what Myungsoo did to you and if you ask me, it’s the truth. I’m sure that Myungsoo said otherwise, and with you still being around him only means one thing,” he stood up. “You believe him.”

“I didn’t believe him!” she started to get angry and the mood suddenly changed.

“If that’s the case, you should stopped seeing him already,” he shot back. “I agreed with this whole Myungsoo thing. So it’s your turn to keep your promise. Go get ready.”

Minho gave her this final look until she gave up. She finally walked towards the bathroom and slammed the door with a loud bang. He went back to his room and saw Jinri stood at the corridor, clearly listening to everything. Minho stopped by the door and asked her without word. He knew her sister wanted to say something. He let her followed him to his room.

“Why didn’t you tell her everything, oppa?” Jinri asked while standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter