Chapter 24

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s with me, yeah,” Sehun talked to Minho on the phone. “She’s just a bit dizzy. You’ll come here?” Sehun looked at Krystal, asking for her opinion.

Krystal mouthed a furious no.

“It’s okay, hyung. We’re going home soon anyway,” Sehun excused. She couldn’t hear what Minho said but Sehun laughed loudly. “No, of course. You know that’s impossible. Sure, see you at home.”

Sehun put his phone on the table and when she didn’t say anything, he teased. “Thank you.”

Krystal smiled, getting what he meant. “Thank you.”

Sehun grinned. “Welcome.”

A waiter came with their drinks when she was wiping her tears with her sleeves. While everyone was lining for the their next rides, Sehun brought her out sneakily as her wished. Instead of home, they ended up sitting in the bubble tea shop.

“He’s heading home,” Sehun told her. “I think everyone too.”

“Then can we stay here for awhile?” Krystal asked. “ I don’t want to go home while looking like this.”

Her eyes were red and puffy, the trace of her tears. She didn’t cry a lot in the car, but still.

“Okay, as long as you drive,” Sehun gave her the keys. “We’re lucky enough to get here without being busted.”

Krystal laughed. Sehun didn’t have any international driving license so he wasn’t allowed to drive outside Korea. But he couldn’t let the crying Krystal driving.

“Okay. Thanks again, Sehun.”

“Aren’t you going to tell me what happened?” he asked. “I just saved you, you know? And I’m not accepting any denial or ‘I’m okay’ excuses.”

“I’m fine,” she joked.

“You stared at Minho hyung with those reddened eyes. Yeah, that’s nothing,” he snapped.

She smiled and took a deep breath. She repositioned her seating position more comfortably. “Do you know what happened with him while I’m here?”

“Minho hyung?” Sehun frowned, thinking. “He was working as usual. He just got his degree so he had more free time to work. You’re not away that long, Soojung. To summarize, he became a crazy workaholic when you gone. He leaded a pretty boring life.”

“Did you visit his house?”

“Once in awhile. Only when Jinri felt like to.”

Krystal nodded quietly and took a sip of her tea.

“You know you can ask me anything,” Sehun assured her. “You might not remember but you used to talk to me about Minho hyung because-”

“I couldn’t talk to Taemin because he might tell Jinri. And I couldn’t do it with unni because she might tell Minho oppa. And I couldn’t really talk with Jinri either,” she smiled. “I remembered.”

“You guys were Tom and Jerry,” Sehun phrased them. “When you saw each other, you couldn’t help but bickered over small things.”

She hissed playfully. She remembered that she fought a lot with the youngest Choi over almost everything. They fought over a doll, over foods, over bed and anything. It was good that Jinri was Minho’s little sister so they didn’t to fight over him. Like Hara and she did.

“Then?” Sehun made them back on track.

She threw her hesitation away. “How about Hara? I heard she visited his house pretty often.”

 “Was she?” Sehun looked at the ceiling as if the answer would hang there. “Oh!” he flicked his fingers. “I remember she fought with Jinri twice. Once was in the campus, and another one was in hyung’s house. Jinri was pissed when she saw your friend used the kitchen. Jinri was like a monster that time. Taemin had a hard time to calm her down.”

“I wonder why Jinri hates Hara so much,” she looked to the window. It was getting dark. “Bullying shouldn’t come together with hates.”

“Bullying?”

“Someone poured Hara’s locker with ink. Sometime she got mice. Her bag even got ripped. I just don’t understand.”

“And do you think it was Jinri?”

“Who else?”

Sehun shut himself with his bubble tea and didn’t say anything until the rain started to pour.

“Don’t you need to go home?” Krystal broke the silence. “You need to attend that auction, don’t you?”

“Ah,” he turned his eyes back to her. “I don’t. Taemin, Jinri and I came here to see you, actually. But it seems like it isn’t the right time to do so.”

“I’m sorry.”

Sehun just smiled. Though she didn’t say much, he could see what was going on with Krystal this afternoon. She was kind of slow in terms of realizing something and he needed to sort it for her if it could be help. Aside from Jinri-Hara thing, he better helped to settle her mind first.

“I’m going to be straightforward with you,” Sehun leaned forward. “You’re jealous, do you? You’re feeling insecure by seeing hyung together with your friend. I don’t know what is inside hyung’s head right now because he, like every single Chois, didn’t like to be interfered. Honestly, you didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter