Chapter 31

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“… Therefore, I’ll suggest her to do surgery as soon as possible.”

Everyone could hear what dr. Daniel told Krystal’s father inside the room since the door was slightly open. Jinri, Sooyoung, Sehun, and Taemin were waiting outside, together with Minho who was especially quiet. They were looking out for Krystal since yesterday. Minho called them, telling that Krystal had been unconscious since her sleeping at the garden yesterday.

Hearing the trembling voice of Minho over the phone, Mr. Jung took the earliest flight possible. He immediately rushed to the hospital and found her daughter lying on the bed but dr. Daniel told him that she was okay. Krystal had finished her dinner when dr. Daniel checked her again and ready with her results. Out of politeness, everyone left the daughter and father alone with dr. Daniel.

“But I should say that even though it’s really small, a possibility of failure is always there. If her heart can’t beat it, she will need a transplant surgery or worse than that. The sooner she do it, the successful rate will be higher too…”

As the only person who was standing right in front of the door, Minho closed it immediately. He didn’t want to hear the rest of whatever dr. Daniel told his father-like uncle. No matter how dr. Daniel assured Mr. Jung that the surgery should be the best option, the risk sounded so awful. He sat beside Sehun, joining the quiet group. Everyone was keeping their shock to themselves.

After a long silence that felt like forever, the doctor came out and when he saw them, he gave them a smile before he left. “Don’t you want to see her?”  

Sooyoung was the first one to wake up. She took a deep breath and stood up. “Let’s not make her worried.”

Contrary to the gloomy atmosphere they had outside, Krystal and her dad seemed totally fine with the result. They were seemed really happy to finally see each other again.

“My kids, sorry I haven’t really greet you,” Mr. Jung gave them a hug one by one before took a glance on Krystal. “She always makes me worried.”

Krystal chuckled and looked puzzled as she saw the others didn’t buy her dad’s joke. She blurted out. “What? Is something wrong?”

“You seem fine,” Sehun replied after two seconds dazed.

“I am. What are you expecting?” Krystal frowned.

When they didn’t say anything and showed the two Jung more puzzled look, a sudden click came into Mr. Jung thought. He answered their unspoken question. “She will do the surgery this week, don’t worry.”

“Really?” Jinri was the first one to express her relieves. She hugged Krystal happily. “We thought you don’t want to do it. Since you always refused it before.”

It seemed like the cause of Minho’s and other’s worrying were different as everyone, except Minho, gathered around Krystal and hugged her too. Their sadness disappeared when Mr. Jung told them that his daughter had agreed for surgery.

On the other hand, Minho didn’t felt happy at all. Behind his relieved that Krystal would go under surgery, he couldn’t shove the thought about its risks. Even though the successful rate was very high, what if it failed? She could do a heart transplant of course, but what if she needed more than that? What if she ended up with… death?

He didn’t want to think about that.

While everyone was busy with their happy chattering, Minho walked away and slumped himself to the couch, feeling tired than he ever was. He felt worst when Krystal didn’t wake up from her long sleep on his laps. But he couldn’t say that now was better.

He rubbed his temples when Mr. Jung sat beside him, looking tired too. “Thank you, boy. For taking care of my girl.”

Minho shook his head, refusing the compliment.

“We should book tickets to Incheon after this.”

“Incheon?” Minho finally opened his eyes.

 “She wants to do the surgery in Seoul,” Mr. jung shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t mind as long as she agreed.”

“And is it safe? I mean, doesn’t it better here? The hospital and everything.”

“Daniel said it’s fine.”

But Minho couldn’t hide his worried just like that. Seeing that, Mr. Jung patted his shoulder, assuring him. Mr. Jung even laughed shortly. “You’re worrying too much, Minho.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Have a rest,” Minho put his hand on Krystal’s hair and it before he left and closed the door behind.

They just arrived from the long and quiet flight from Frisco. As she wished, everyone left for Seoul two days after her discharge from the hospital. She didn’t want to be separated from everyone and if they couldn’t make it at Frisco, then she had to be the one who gave in.

Her room was staying as it was, not even changed a bit. Even the bed sheet was still the same. It was as if she never left it in the first place. She took off Minho’s jacket and put it on the bed, bringing it lying with her. It felt really comfortable but somehow cold and empty. She rolled side to side, trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter