Chapter 8

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do you know about that, Soojung?” Minho asked Krystal because he was sure that she hadn’t fall asleep. They were too tense to do that.

“Why didn’t you tell me about the accident?” she asked back with her back on him, ignoring his question.

“Accident?”

“Why didn’t you tell me that you witnessed everything? You were with me when mom died, weren’t you?” Krystal finally turned back and sat down, facing him. “Just how much do you hide from me, Minho?”

“Soojung, listen to me-“

“Why can’t you just tell me everything? All at once?” she tried to keep her tone low. “Why is it so hard for you to tell me? Why it’s always L oppa who-“

“You met him?” she could hear a slight anger from his voice. “I thought we had a deal, Soojung.”

“I need to know the truth,” she snapped back. “And apparently, only L oppa who is willing to tell me.”

“You called what that bastard told you a truth?” Minho clenched his teeth, emphasizing every word. Just when he thought that they were doing well, L blew it. “Did what uncle told you not enough?”

“Dad lied to me as well. He never told me about the accident. Why should I trust him?”

“He is your Dad for God’s shake!” Minho burst with anger. He threw his hand to his hair frustratingly. “I promised I’ll help you and we need time to do that. Why can’t you be patient?” he shouted. “It was true that I witnessed everything. I was with you and your mom when that accident happened. I was safe, your mom was died and you lost your memories. That’s it. No more and no less. I’m not hiding anything.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” she shouted back.

“It doesn’t necessary to tell, Soojung. It’s just that I saw how hurt you were when you woke up at the hospital. Do you think I’ll make you recall that memories? I had no other reason than to avoid myself from hurting your feelings,” Minho assured her. He didn’t understand why that accident became a big issue. Krystal knew that her mom died by accident. But whether he and she were in the car or not, it wouldn’t change anything. Krystal and Minho were sitting at the backseat. They only happened to be there. It wasn’t like they caused the accident to occur. They just happened to witness it. This wasn’t even worth to argue about.

“What’s wrong?” Sooyoung and Jinri popped up at the door. The two girls could hear loud noise from Krystal’s room as they finished their dinner. They immediately went upstairs when they realized that Minho and Krystal were quarreling.

“Then why L oppa made it sounds like a big deal?” Krystal asked coldly.

“How the hell I’d know!” Minho raised his voice, ignoring the gasps from his sisters. “Ask yourself why you trust that bastard in the first place!”

“Don’t yell at me and stop calling him a bastard!” she shouted back as loud as possible. She was angry by the way Minho talk to her. She was tired of arguing. She didn’t mean to defend L. She didn’t want him to think that she was taking L’s side because she hadn’t believe L completely either. But unfortunately, her anger took over.

“You believes Myungsoo more,” he concluded, feeling defeated. “I get it.”

With the obvious sadness in his face he walked out from her room, leaving the three girls alone. Krystal could hear his footsteps as he was heading downstairs. She clutched the bed sheets and gripped her chest. She could only cried from both emotional and physical pain inside her heart.

“Go check on your brother, Jinri,” Sooyoung was the first one to break the silence.

She could feel the bed moved and two warm hands were wrapping her shoulder. Sooyoung her back, soothing her. “Why are you crying?”

Krystal felt this indescribable comfort in Sooyoung’s embrace. She felt safe, warm and protected. She felt that she could let everything out.

“What happened with me, unni?” she squeezed Sooyoungs arm, radiating her frustrated feelings. “I don’t know myself. I don’t know Minho. I don’t know you or Jinri. Why can’t someone tell me?”

Sooyoung’s heart ached, seeing her little sister crying like this. Krystal was always her little sister. She loved her as much as she loved Jinri. Seeing Krystal suffering like this was hard for her. And she knew that Minho was suffering too. But she believed that her little brother had his own way to solve this.

“You should get your memories back soon,” Sooyoung pulled her even closer, soothing her.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Where is Minho?” Krystal asked Jinri with annoying tone. She was startled seeing her ‘same-age-friend’ in the car instead of Minho. Taemin was there too, sitting beside his girlfri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter