Chapter 20

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soojung,” Sooyoung knocked her opened door before she intruded Krystal’s packing. “Here’s your passport,” she ducked beside Krystal’s suitcase, handing her the small book.

“Thank you, unni,” Krystal took it reluctantly and stared blankly to her suitcase. She couldn’t believe that she’d finally go back to Frisco. And unexpectedly, unwillingly. She had been begging to go home all this time. So why did she carry this heavy heart?

Minho had been acting as his usual self as if nothing was going on between them. After he told her that she’d go back to Frisco with her dad, he just left her alone, shocked and surprised. He took his car and without even looking back, he left. Sehun had to send her home after. And when she saw Minho again the next day, he was back with his composed and mannerly attitude. But she knew that he was avoiding her.

Her dad was out again even though he just went back from Busan yesterday. He was busy as usual but she could see that he was really happy that he’d take her back to Frisco. She was happy too, being able to reunite with her dad. But she couldn’t leave those unsettled matters. And those unsettled feelings.

She sighed and closed the suitcase, zipping it. She looked around, looking at the room where she had been staying for months. Her leaving didn’t do many differences since she only brought back what was originally hers. Most of her clothes, books and the rest were bought by Minho and she was going leave it there.

“I’m going to miss you,” Sooyoung finally broke the silence.

How could she not miss those beautiful, caring eyes? “Me too, unni,” Krystal hugged her tightly. “Thank you for everything. And I apologize for everything too.”

“Don’t mention it,” Sooyoung smiled. “You know you’ll always welcomed here.”

“That’s my expectation. Reality is, I’m being kicked instead,” Krystal laughed bitterly.

Sooyoung smiled with sadness in her eyes. She could see that Krystal was probably sad and clearly shocked with this sudden decision. She knew Minho and how stubborn he was. There was no way she could change his decision. And it wasn’t like he had never thought about this matter. He knew that sending her back was always a possibility. And maybe the time was coming.

Krystal used to be so stubborn and rebellious. It was hard to believe that she changed, though it was gradually, but it was too fast. It was confusing to decide whether she behaved out of sincerity or memories. Since she came to Seoul, her heart was worsened and she even got hospitalized. In her sleep, they saw her calling her dad almost everyday. Though she didn’t tell them, they knew that she had been haunted by L’s memories in her dream. Getting back her memories was probably not good. Maybe Frisco was better.

“Don’t you want to talk to him?” Sooyoung asked her after few moments of silence. “Say your goodbye.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Krystal was standing in front of Minho’s door nervously. She was afraid that he might already fall asleep, or for worse, didn’t want to see her. But she had to try. If she was leaving tomorrow morning, then tonight was the last chance to see him because he already told her dad that he wouldn’t be able to send them off to the airport. After few moments with sweating palms and heart pounding involved, she knocked the door.

She could hear his footsteps from inside and not long after, the door opened, showing its owner. He was already in his sleeping wear, but seeing from the book he was holding, she didn’t interrupt his sleep.

“Can I…,” she hesitated. “Can we talk? You know… I’ll go home tomorrow, so yeah.”

She let out a quiet, relieve sigh as he opened the door and let her in. He leaded her towards the opened veranda as he sat outside, leaning to the doorframe. It was the second time she came inside and she couldn’t help but felt good when she saw her things were still inside. The easel, her painting and all her pictures were still at its place, clearly untouched. Instead of following him outside, she leant to the doorframe as well. They were sitting with their back faced each others, separated by wall.

She shut her lips tight, didn’t know where to start.

“I’m sorry,” she could hear Minho’s voice behind her, breaking the silence.

It wasn’t what she expected to hear. “What for?”

“For bringing you here in the first place,” he replied simply. “Also for controlling what you eat and wear. For scolding how you behave. For pushing you go to the hospital. For every yell I let out and every tears you shed.”

“You took care of me well, oppa. No need to say sorry.”

“Your little heart also in pain several times since you came here. Sorry,” he added as if he didn’t listen what she just said.

“Then I should say sorry too,” she smiled to herself. Minho was probably showing his displeased face. He didn’t like when she blamed herself over anything. “I kicked your leg when the first day I came here. I even broke your phone. I was so rebel and didn’t even try to listen to everything you said. I failed to realize that all you did is for my sake. I was late to realize that you actually care for me,” she shook her head quietly. “And thank you, for not giving up. You accepted me for who I am despite my behavior. You even help me regain my memories back. Thank you so much, oppa. I mean it.”

She di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter