Chapter 7

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait for me here after your class,” Minho told Krystal when they had arrived in front of her classroom. “Don’t try to run away. You know you’ll never nail that.”

She chuckled, pretending to be annoyed. Things had been better between them. Krystal started to show some respect and it was a peaceful week for the entire Choi. She stopped running away here and there, following what Minho scheduled for her without complaining too much. She kept her promise to stay away from L, at least they never meet up as Minho knew. Not yet.

The problem left with Jinri. His little sister still got angry at Krystal’s attitude. Even Minho tried to make them up, they were still being so stubborn. Minho couldn’t understand why Krystal and Jinri still couldn’t get along. A handshake wouldn’t hurt.

  As for Krystal, she came to realize that maybe Choi family wasn’t as bad as she thought. Minho’s overprotectiveness was a hurt but came to think of it, it was the same amount protectiveness as her dad’s. She appreciated the male Choi who spent the past week with her, trying to help her recall some memories. He brought her to some place that held memories for her but unfortunately for him, she still didn’t give a sign that she remembered anything about him.

“So you’re going civil with him?” Hara appeared from the classroom right when Minho walked away to his class.

“Hara!” Krystal suddenly hugged Hara. This was the only class where they got together and she hadn’t seen her for few days because she went around with Minho.

Hara laughed. “You sure are busy with Minho oppa.”

“I’m sorry,” she let Hara go. “Come on, I’ll tell you.”

They sat at the back of the class, ignoring those staring eyes on them. She passed Jinri, Taemin, and Sehun who were talking and laughing at their desks. She could tell that her presence suddenly tensed the three of them. Krystal always wondered why people always looked at her like they got some problem. But she didn’t want to care much. She used to it. Maybe they were all Jinri’s friends.

She began to tell Hara about the days she spent together with Minho, about the dream and the memories she remembered. But she skipped the part where her Dad said L almost did something bad to her. It wasn’t a proud story to tell. Hara just sat quietly, listening with full attention. Krystal was really thankful for that.

“I didn’t know that you’ve lost your memories about him, Stal,” Hara said sadly. “I didn’t know Choi family that well, so yeah.”

“Then you know a lot about L oppa?”

“Now I believe that you’ve lost some of your memories,” Hara joked. “I know him through you, Stal. He’s close with you and I automatically got close too,” Hara told her. “How much do you remember?”

Krystal only shrugged, demanding Hara to tell her more. “My Dad told me that L oppa is a bad person.”

“I’m not defending L oppa, but Minho also has a not-so-bright past. Both of them could be a bad person. Or maybe they’ve changed. You have to get to know from both sides. Not only L oppa. Not only Minho oppa. But both of them.” Hara convinced her. “Why do you want to know about your past? You can easily live in your present.”

It was confusing. But Hara was right. She had to hear from L too. Everyone could be a liar. “Everything doesn’t seems right to me now. I just want to know why.”

“Just talk to me if you need something, okay?” Hara smiled. Maybe she was the only one Krystal could trust.

When Krystal was about to reply Hara’s smile, the lecturer came in and everyone settled themselves to look at the front. Hara grabbed her bag and took out her books, ready to study.

“Hara,” Krystal whispered quietly when she saw Jinri glared at her. “Does Jinri always that annoying?”

Hara laughed soundlessly. She didn’t need to be told about the answer.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The classes had finished and Krystal was sitting on the bench in front of the classroom, waiting for Minho as she told to. She pulled out a book from her bag and began reading. It had become her new hobby lately. When she had nothing to do in the house, she tried to look at those books in her room and read it. She unexpectedly loved reading. It was her fourth book, and Minho really had taste for books.

“Hey,” L suddenly hopped on to the table, sitting beside her. It was the first time she met her after Minho confronted him. And after what her Dad told her. “You’ve been missing lately.”

L wasn’t in a good state. The moment she saw him pale and bruised, she immediately forgot about L-is-a-bad-person theory. She stood up and looked at him, worried. “Oppa, what happened with you?”

L just smiled. “Nothing, just some person beat me up.”

“Who?” she asked as L moved and sat beside her.

“It’s not important, really,” he assured her and gave her a box of chocolate. “Your favorite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter