Chapter 23

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like Minho oppa.”

Sanity welcomed herself as those words kept spinning inside Krystal’s head. Hara just said that. Hara just confessed. Her very best friend liked her own former fiancé. Since when, Krystal herself didn’t know. Hara might be fallen for him when Krystal went back to Frisco. Or maybe Hara already had feelings for him since they were still engaged. If her little heart didn’t act so violently, she might be already digging everything.

Here she was, lying on her own bed, immersing herself with her own thoughts. The news of Hara liking Minho was too shocking for her to handle and bad enough to trigger a mild heart attack. In the midst of that physical pain, she could feel Minho’s arms supporting her and heard Hara panicked state before eventually unconscious. What else would she heard from Hara if she didn’t collapsed?

This wasn’t feeling good at all. She failed to notice her best friend’s feeling. Her best friend was in love with her ex-fiancé. Just when she thought everything was going better, her fiancé found himself another girl in just a month. Above all, she was the one who had no clue about everything. Which one had the greatest effect to her feelings right now? She had no idea. Every single thing she thought seemed to gang her up, sending her into a deep, hurtful chaos. This wasn’t right.

The skies were already dark. She couldn’t believe at how long she had rested. She took a deep breath and felt a slight physical pain inside her chest. The medicines were already prepared on the table, along with several dishes for her to eat. It was a familiar smell, the one and only Minho’s cooking. The thought of having Minho and Hara cooked it together was more uncomfortable than her growling stomach, even if it was just an assumption.

Ignoring the delicious scent, Krystal hopped off from her bed and walked to the door, heading down to the kitchen. The kitchen was quite lively as her chefs and maids were working. They greeted her as she intruded.

“Can you cook me something? Just a simple one. Anything, I’m hungry,” Krystal ordered Amy, one of her maid who was cutting some garlics.

Amy seemed a little bit startled, clearly noticing Minho’s cooking in her room. But she didn’t say anything and immediately proceeded Krystal’s order.

“What are you guys doing?” Krystal asked the chefs as she saw their busy activities. It was only her in the house and clearly she wasn’t going to have dinner later. But those foods seemed too much.

“We’re cooking for Miss Choi, Miss,” one of her chefs replied. “Mr. Choi told us and now he’s heading to the airport.

That was why no one was home. She almost forgot that Sooyoung would come today. If only she didn’t collapse, she would be glad to fetch her too.

“Were Minho and Hara cooking while I was sleeping?”

“Yes, Miss. Mr. Choi asked to use the kitchen. I’m sorry we didn’t prepare you lunch because he said-“

So they were cooking those foods together, indeed. “It’s okay,” Krystal forced a smile. “Next time, please still cook for me no matter what, unless I told you not to.”

“Yes, Miss,” he nodded apologetically.

“What time did Minho left?”

“Not long ago, Miss. He wanted to wait until you wake up but he couldn’t help but to go.”

Krystal folded her hand, keeping her composure. If he really wanted to wait for her, he could’ve ordered her staff to fetch Sooyoung and stayed home instead.

“How about Hara?”

“She wanted to wait for you too, Miss, but Mr. Choi insisted her company.”

They went together. She understood.

“I’m going to take a shower. Leave the food in my room and I don’t want to meet anyone. I want to rest,” Krystal turned herself again to Amy. “Also, there’s some foods on my table right now, throw them out.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Miss is sleeping, Sir.”

“Come on, it’s almost ten. She isn’t a heavy sleeper.”

Through the closed door, Krystal faintly heard Amy had a small argue with her guests. And it sounded like more than two people outside. True, she wasn’t a heavy sleeper, but she couldn’t sleep that much this past two days.

Sooyoung was here and helping Minho with her father’s work, if not taking over. And Krystal would be very happy having Minho’s free time if she didn’t know about Hara’s confession. But no, she didn’t feel pleased at all. Because she had to pay it with Hara’s presence. Minho and Hara was sticking together a lot.

It was too much for her that she actually needed to get away from the house, ignoring the Chois and Hara’s complain. She would wake up early in the morning and made sure to leave before Chois could see her. She would run her car before Hara visited her house. She’d bought some bread and a cup of coffee, heading to the bay with her loyal friends, small canvas and oil paint. And she wouldn’t leave until late of night. Krystal needed time for herself to think through everything.

 Her one sided cold war was kind of fail yesterday, when the youngest Choi came and saw her eternal foe was in Krystal’s house. Jinri let her sharp tongue exploded and Hara ended up crying. Krystal, who needed peace in her own house, more than anything, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter