Chapter 30

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was super lazy to reread this whole thing. Please just bear any errors for now, okay?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Is it you, Minho?” a heavy voice disrupted Minho who was busily replying some mails from his office. He raised his head and saw an old man, holding a stethoscope in his pocket.

“Doctor Daniel?” Minho recognized the man and stood up, greeting the doctor. “How are you?”

“Good, son,” the old man gave Minho a quick hug. “Krystal said you’re here yesterday. I wondered why you didn’t come and see me.”

“I don’t want to disturb your work,” Minho excused.

“My work or her therapy?” dr. Daniel raised his eyebrows, teasing.

Minho smiled. “Both.”

“You two love fools,” he joked. “I heard that you’re no longer engaged. Seems like it’s not true then?”

“It’s true, unfortunately. But things are getting better lately. I’m working on it.”

“Just don’t forget to invite me again once you get married, okay?” dr. Daniel happily patted Minho’s shoulder.

Minho just smiled hearing that. He saw Krystal through the glasses. She was running slowly on the treadmill with a nurse assisting her. She looked pale and drenched in sweats as usual.

“She’s not in her best shape, I should say,” dr. Daniel totally got his full attention. “Five attacks in a year. That’s a lot more compare to what happened during the last six years.”

Minho nodded quietly and looked at her again. It was true that she had been healthier in the past years and this year seemed to be the worst. Minho didn’t even remember when was the last time she had sick last year. Ever since she went back to Korea, the attacks came again.

“Is it that bad?”

“No, no need to put that face,” dr. Daniel assured him. “It’s not severe, but I’m not going to lie. I’m afraid that things will get worse and of course treatment is going to help, but you know, I’ll suggest her to go for surgery. If it’s working, she may not need to come here anymore.”

But it sounded so awful for Minho, no matter what dr. Daniel said. “Have you talked to her?”

“She always knows that surgery is an open option. You knew it too. But now I think she should consider it strongly. After the results out, I’ll talk to her.”

Ever since Krystal was diagnosed with heart failure, Minho had no idea how many times and how many doctors had suggested a surgery. It surely would help her owning a normal heart. But all this time, it didn’t seem to be an urgent matter. Krystal lived healthily enough and that was all matter. That was why she always refused to do so. Now, even though she looked fine, it seemed like surgery became a serious option.

“Is that why you asked her to come often lately?” Minho finally understood why she came to the hospital almost every day this week.

“I need to examines her more,” the old man explained. “Like I said, she is fine. But my hypothesis is this attacks could be a beginning and therefore I’ll suggest surgery before everything get out of control. In the end, I could be wrong.”

“The possibility of you being wrong is as tiny as my chance to get back to soccer field,” Minho stated calmly. Dr. Daniel was probably the best cardiologist he could find in Frisco and Minho never saw him failed his presume.

“It’s very big then,” dr. Daniel smiled happily. “You’re worrying too much, Minho. Trust me, she is fine.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Oppa, you should stop dating your work,” Krystal took a seat next to Minho and closed his laptop selfishly before leaning backward.

“What else can I do while waiting?” Minho smiled and her hair that was quite messy. He opened his laptop again and threw his eyes back to the screen.

Krystal chuckled and closed it again. His work that was assigned by her dad was already done, he should loosen up a bit. She snatched it before he could open it.

“Jung Soojung,” Minho warned her, asking her to give his laptop back.

“Oppa, I’m here already so can you at least leave your work for awhile?” she gave him an annoyed pout. The nurse gave her just thirty minutes break and she didn’t want to spend it with looking at the working Minho.

“Okay, okay. I’ll put it in my bag,” he sighed. Minho snatched it back and put his laptop safely to his bag. He took a handkerchief and helped her wiping her wet forehead. “What do you want to do then?”

“Fresh air,” she replied. “How about waiting outside?”

“Your wish my command,” Minho shrugged, knowing that he couldn’t refuse his princess’ wish. He hung his bag on his shoulder and helped her stood. “Let’s go.”

But Krystal just stood still and didn’t bother to walk.

“What else?” Minho frowned, didn’t really understand.

Krystal put her hand inside her denim pocket and struggled to get something out. Seconds after, she handed him a very wrinkled paper. Minho took it and recognized it as a cut of his notebook. She handed him her third wish.

“Now?” Minho’s frown appeared again.

“I’m tired, oppa,” she complained. “Did you see how hardworking I was? And you said you will grant any-”

“Fine,” Minho cut her and she couldn’t hide her winning smile. She knew that he would give in. “I was just asking. Hold this then,” Minho gave her his bag and squatted in font of her. She wanted a piggyback ride. Here, in the hospital full of people. How silly would they look?

“Don’t fall, okay?” Krystal happily warned him when she let him carried her.

“I shouldn’t promise you these wishes, you know,” Minho sighed as he carried her through the corridor, making their way outside.

“Why?” Krystal whined. “You didn’t hesitate when you kissed me yesterday. And your wake up face is so cute, to be honest.”

Minho cleared his throat out of embarrassment. But he could feel his ears heated. And Krystal’s soundless giggle made it worse. He didn’t really mind sleeping everyday with her because last night wasn’t their first time. Besides, it was her second wish that he promised to fulfill. Even so, no need to shove it to his face. It was embarrassing, especially when his family caught them and made fun of him. “We were at the park, not in hospital. This is not appropriate place to do something like this. And I’ll move back to my bedroom if you keep on with your teasing.”

“No one is really looking at us, oppa. You should have more flexibility in li- Oppa!“ Krystal screamed when Minho suddenly let his one hand go, leaving her legs struggling in the air, trying not to fall barefooted. “Oppa, don’t you dare to let me fall!”

Minho laughed, satisfied with his revenge. But he still managed to hold her by he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter