Chapter 22

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The one who called Krystal is Minho. The one who come with him is... BINGO!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Krystal!” Hara shouted in joy as Krystal approached their table. She pulled Krystal into a hug, swaying her left and right. Krystal gave Minho a greeting smile through Hara’s shoulder.

Minho was looking really great. He lost a bit of his weight, but he seemed just fine. He cut his hair even shorter, giving a vibe of young professional businessman. Nothing was really changed about him. He was in his usual suit and she could see a small suitcase beside the table. On the other hand, Hara was wearing an expensive looking coat and boots. In contrary to her, Krystal went out only with a jeans and checkered shirt.

 “So sorry, I’m late,” Krystal told them. “Traffic jam.”

“It’s okay,” Hara smoothed Krystal’s hair. “Surprised?”

Seeing Hara suddenly appeared at Frisco was already surprising. And it felt even weirder because she came with Minho. Seems like Krystal missed a lot of thing.

“Kind of,” Krystal smiled. “Are you going to stay with us too?”

“No, unfortunately,” Hara pouted. “I’ll stay at the hotel.”

“Are you sure?” Krystal held Hara’s hand and squeezed it quick.

“Of course, I’ll see you tomorrow morning?”

She nodded in agreement before turned her eyes to Minho who was playing with his phone, looking so unenthusiastic. He then put it back to his pocket when he realized that the girls’ eyes were on him.

“So, can we go now?” he asked as he noticed that they already stopped talking. He felt tired after a long flight. Going home sounded good.

Krystal nodded, didn’t feeling satisfied at all with their meeting. He seemed a bit annoyed and tired. He didn’t even ask how have she been all this time. It was as if he didn’t happy to see her. She pushed the thought away and leaded them outside. A car was already waiting for Hara as they arrived at the parking lot.

“Did you drive?” Minho frowned when he saw her unlocked the car for him. He was expecting her staff to wait for them. He felt displeased when he saw none.

“Yeah, it’s not far anyway,” she told him.

He put his suitcase to the back seat and walked across, towards the driver’s seat. “Give me the key, I’ll drive.”

“But you must be feeling tired. Just sit and rest.“

“Give me the key,” Minho emphasized every words, demanding the key from her. She knew she would lose to those serious eyes. She sighed and gave him the key before she made her way to the passenger’s seat.

“Do you even know the road?” she asked, wearing the seatbelt, following his doing.

Minho raised an eyebrow, “Do you think it’s my first time here?”

“Oh, right,” she finally gave up. Minho and her family were really close and she used to be his fiancée. After so many years together, there was no way that he never paid a visit to her home. Of course he knew where she lived. Rhetoric question.

He started the engine and ran the car towards the street, joining Frisco’s night traffic. They sat side by side in a silence. Sometimes, Krystal would glance at him, wondering what he was thinking. He used to talk a lot with her. Bickered, to be exact. But it was so much better compared to now. He looked very inattentive. Was it because they were no longer engaged?

  “Is there something on my face?” Minho asked her when the car finally stopped in front of her house. He noticed that she had been looking at him too much.

The last time he came here was when Krystal hospitalized. This huge house was still the same, beautiful and homey. But it was too big for a family of two, even though they were living with some workers. Her house was located somewhere near the bay. The area was pretty isolated and quiet. Good to see that there was a nice place to live in this crazy town. He couldn’t stand imagining her living in a crowded, polluted city with that heart. Minho loved Seoul more and it was pretty obvious.

Krystal flustered being caught in the act. But he wouldn’t be here forever and she shoved the doubt and shyness away. “You seem different.”

Minho smirked hearing the nonsense comment from her. “How am I different?”

“Are you angry because I was late?” she pouted. It was as if he didn’t take her comment seriously. “You’re not please to see me earlier.”

“I’ve waited longer than that so I’m not mad,” he smiled, finally. “Why are you assuming that?”

He could see that she was hesitated. He encouraged her. “Spill it. It’s too late to stop.”

She held her breath, gathering the courage. “You didn’t ask me how have I been. You didn’t even give me a hug like Hara did. We haven’t see each other for a long time, aren’t people supposed to give a proper greeting or something? We’re no longer an item and it’s weird to call you friend but still…”

Her voice disappeared as Minho laughed loudly. He couldn’t believe how childish she was despite her age. He even more when he saw her made a cute pout. “Come here,” he pulled her into a very quick hug and tapped her head lightly. “How are you, Soojung? Long time no see you. I missed you,” he grinned, teasing her. “Feeling better?”

She finally smiled. “I’m fine. Thanks, and you?” She couldn’t believe what she just said. It sounded like a conversation from elementary school book.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter