Chapter 29

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Soojung,” Sooyoung greeted her through the opened door. Morning just started and seems like everyone was already up for breakfast.

“Morning, unni. Morning, guys,” Krystal smiled as she saw the others were walking behind Sooyoung.

“Are we gonna eat this?” Sehun leaned on the table and pointed at Krystal’s plate, horrified. “Seriously?”

On the counter, Krystal was plating something that they could identify as eggs benedict. There was an overly cooked muffin on the bottom, a broken poach egg and a slightly thick hollandaise. At least she managed to pour milk in a right cup. Everyone knew that Krystal never cooked, so seeing her cooking in the kitchen was awesome. And her actually plating a breakfast was exceptional. All they could hope was that dish was edible enough.

“Is it that bad?” Krystal stepped back and pouted, seeing her own creation. This definitely not as good as her chefs or Minho’s cooking, but she really thought that this should be okay. “I don’t have time to recook, or else Minho oppa will wake up soon.”

She woke up almost one hour ago. Minho was sleeping beside her without even budged, looking tired in his suit. Through his wrap around her body, he felt slightly warmer than usual.  Maybe caught a cold, fever or something. She thought that on bed breakfast should help. But clearly Sehun thought otherwise.

“So that’s for hyung?” Sehun just couldn’t hide his relieves. He gained an unseen smack from Jinri who was standing right beside him.

“It looks pretty good,” Taemin kindly praised her. “Definitely not the best, but nice effort.”

Krystal didn’t believe it so Sooyoung tasted a bit of her muffin. And that was quite decent. “It’s good,” she told Krystal sincerely.

Sehun mouthed a disbelieve “What?” and everyone was glaring at him, blaming. “Oh gosh,” he sighed in defeat. “Even if you fried him a rubber band, hyung is going to like it.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “Whatever, at least I’m trying.”

Jinri helped her to put everything on the tray and after a quick goodbye, she carried it carefully to her room. She could faintly hear the others talking to her maid, asking for a breakfast.

As she expected, Minho was still sleeping so peacefully. She closed the door with her leg ever so slowly, afraid that she would disturb his sleep. But she bumped the tray to the table, producing a low bang. Minho who wasn’t a heavy sleeper, immediately opened his eyes in startled.

The first thing he saw was Krystal, biting her lips in guilt. He saw a tray that she was holding and finally relaxed his body as he realized what happened. He thought it was Krystal who bumped into something.

“Are you okay?” Minho leaned to the headboard slowly while effortlessly opening his suit, still couldn’t really open his eyes.

Krystal put the tray correctly and helped him taking off his suit. “I’m sorry, didn’t mean to wake you up, oppa.”

Minho just let her. He rubbed his eyes so he could see her better. He felt a bit dizzy because he hadn’t really eaten yesterday. “It’s okay. Why you already woke up?”

“I cooked for you,” she told him. His suit joined the necktie on the chair. “I thought you’re not feeling really well.”

Minho hid his smile, touched by this girl’s attentive side. She was never a good cook and he felt thankful that she tried for him. He saw her pouting, clearly she didn’t satisfied with her cooking. But who cared?

“Is the kitchen okay?” his teasing gained a smack from Krystal. He laughed. “Where is my breakfast then?”

Proudly, Krystal carried the tray and leaving it on his laps. “I don’t think it’s as bad as Sehun told me.”

Nervous, Krystal starred at him as he took a bite of muffin. She didn’t really taste it before, she was curious herself. But Sooyoung told her that it was okay.

“It’s delicious,” Minho smiled, sending relieves for Krystal. He took another bite.

“Really?” she awed herself. “Eat it all then, oppa.”

She watched him quietly eating the eggs benedict bite after bite.

“You have to go to the hospital today, right?” Minho asked, he’s almost done with his food.

She nodded. No wonder Minho liked to cook for her. It was such a pure happiness, watching him ate her cooking.

“Then we’ll go to the hospital before going out,” he concluded, taking the last bite of his muffin.

“No, you’re sick. I’ll drive there or maybe the others can go with me.”

“You don’t want to go with me,” Minho leaned closer, giving her an intimidating look.

“I want, but-”

But she couldn’t finish her sentence because Minho already savoring her into a deep, mind-blowing kiss. She forgot everything and pulled him closer than they already did. His hands were around her waist, and hers on his cheeks.

“So cute,” Minho blushing cheeks as they separated. She was very vocal and straightforward about her feelings to him. She always did. So seeing her getting shy was a rare moment that he loved. “I’m going to take shower.”

Again, Minho kissed her forehead before he stood up, leaving Krystal in a dazed. It was unbelievably pleasant morning. How could she felt so unhappy last night when right now she was feeling the exact opposite? He would accompany her to the hospital, going on a date, and he had finished her cooking.

“He said it’s delicious,” Krystal murmured happily to herself as she grabbed the empty plate. Curious with the taste, she the leftover hollandaise and frowned immediately.

It was awfully too salty.

Sehun was right. Minho would probably eat everything she prepared even though it wasn’t edible at all. She sighed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Dr. Daniel said hi,” Krystal told Minho when she found him sitting at the bench in front of the therapy room. He was with his laptop again, working.

“Long time no see him,” he finally turned his head from the screen after a full minute of ignorance. “How is he?”

Dr. Daniel was the doctor who had been taking care of Krystal’s disease since she had come to Frisco. Minho saw him a lot during their recovery of accident. He was like second father for Krystal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter