Final

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was summer, exactly two years since that incident happened. Minho had always missed her, but who wouldn’t? She was an amazing person. But everyone had to lead their owned life. Minho had.

He still remembered that day, the day when Mr. Jung cried her a river at the funeral. But after that, he was the first one to come out from his sorrow. He showed them that grieving was a part of human being. But most importantly, death should be a reminder of how life should be cherished. He went back to his office, loving his life even more. Cause if he, as the person closest to her, could move on, then everyone should be able too.

Taemin and Sulli graduated last month and they were engaged before deciding to tie the knot next winter. Sehun was still keeping his life in Seoul now, helping Mr. Jung with his office as his apprentice, still single as Minho remembered. He asked Sehun to take care of Mr. Jung and his sister, Sooyoung. He was no longer interested of becoming the next heir. Sehun did a perfect job for that. Instead, he got married, backed out from everything and moved to Busan.

Seoul gave him too many painful memories.

Driving away from the city, Minho ran his car towards the south, heading to the place that he always avoided to visit. He was never braved enough to do that. But today was exactly two years since her death and that period were more than enough for denial.

When the car finally parked in front of the gate, Minho somehow made his heavy steps to the stairs. The cemetery was laid open and empty as he walked towards a grave right next to the church window. He never came here again since her funeral, yet he still remembered clearly where she was lying.

Minho squatted down beside the gravestone and put a bouquet of flower beside it. It was a bouquet of white lily, her favorite flower. He intertwined his fingers together and shut his eyes, praying solemnly. When he was done, he tidied all the flowers into a beautiful arrangement around her mound. She deserved a beautiful place to sleep forever in peace.

It felt like long ago since the last time he saw her smile. God had taken her before he knew it. Now she was sleeping and would never wake.

“Life is something we should celebrate,” he smiled bitterly as he read the words on the stone. He was totally forgetting that she often said these words.

With a long, trembling sigh, Minho took the entire dead flower and wiped the gravestone off the dust, a place where her engraved name could be seen so clearly.

Jung Soojung.

"I will live happily," Minho whispered, knowing that she would like him to find his happiness.

Wiping his eyes with his sleeve, Minho stood up and walked towards his new life.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Parking his car safely in the garage, Minho locked his car and climbed the stairs, getting inside his house. His new house wasn’t as big as the one he had in Seoul, but he managed to build one close to the Busan sea, as his wife wished. From the back door of their house, the beach was just walks away.

He was married, last year.

A delicious smell greeted him as he walked in. She must be already home. He put his bag on the couch and took his suit off. He opened their bedroom and checked the kitchen, but his wife wasn’t there. She had finished her cooking because he could see a warm pot on the stove.

Predicting that she would be there, Minho heading to the back part of his house and saw the back door slightly opened. Through the glasses, he saw her alone at the beach, playing her feet with the gentle waves. She was there with her back facing him, enjoying the breeze and waited for the sun to set off.

“Oppa, you’re home?” she turned her body as she heard the door being opened. Clearly, his presence lightened her up as she ran towards him, smiling so prettily.

Minho welcomed her with his open arms. “You should go inside,” Minho hugged her. Her body felt slightly colder, maybe because she stayed outside too long.

“You’re worrying too much,” she touched his cheek. “I tried to call you but why you never called me back?” she pouted.

“I was at the graveyard, I’m sorry I left my phone in the car,” Minho smiled. Hearing his wife’s whining was enough to cure to all his sadness.

“Really?” she suddenly softened her tone, knowing that Minho was probably grieving. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Feeling more peaceful than he thought, Minho tightened his hug. “I saw some other lily there. Did you go there too?”

She nodded to his chest.

Minho leaned away so he could see her face. She was definitely a bit sad. “Are you okay?” Minho repeated her question.

“I still miss her, somehow,” she pulled him back, hugging even closer.

Minho her hair and shoulder, soothing her. “Of course, she is your mother, Soojung.”

Today was exactly two years since Krystal’s mother’s death. She shared the same name with her only daughter, Jung Soojung. Like the same name they portrayed, both were the women that Minho cherished the most, beside his sisters. To Minho who was an orphan since his early childhood, Mr. and Mrs. Jung were his parents. They were the one who took care of him, Jinri, and Sooyoung since their parents left the three forever. He might never show it to people, but he definitely lost in sorrow when she died. It was like he lost his mom once again. That was why he always found his excuse to avoid her grave, at least until this year.

Now that Krystal was officially his wife, he felt like he should showed some courage to visit the older Soojung’s grave. He wanted to tell her that her little daughter was living happily under his care, that her daughter had no longer shared the same name. She was once Jung So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter