Chapter 19

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal looked up to that expressionless face of Minho’s, trying to read it. He didn’t smile. He didn’t look angry. But he didn’t seem to refuse her out of embarrassment either. It was always so hard to guess what was going on inside his head.

“Soojung,” a familiar male voice interrupted.

She motioned her eyes and totally distracted when she saw her dad was walking towards them with Sehun and Taemin following right behind. She gaped, didn’t believe with this sudden surprise. Even when he hugged Minho right in front of her eyes, she still couldn’t call it real.

“No hug for me?” Mr. Jung raised one eyebrow with opened arms. His only daughter was indeed surprised.

She didn’t say anything and second after, she was already in his embrace, hugging him ever so tightly. A lot of things going on since she came to Seoul and it didn’t give her much time to think about anything else. Now she saw her dad, she realized that she missed him so much. It had been weeks since they had a long and comfortable conversation.

“You missed me, did you?” Mr. Jung teased his daughter as he let her go. He patted her head and quietly examined her. She looked fine and healthy.

“Not really,” she shrugged her shoulders playfully but everyone could see how happy she was. Minho never saw her that cheerful. “I’m pretty busy here, you know.”

Mr. Jung laughed, “Busy troubling Minho, that’s what you mean?”

She pouted and pouted even more when the boys laughed along, including Minho. She wondered if that laugh was sincere or just a polite response to her dad’s joke. How could he change his mood in a short amount of time?

“What are you doing here, Dad?” Krystal tried to dim the laugh. “I mean, why don’t you come to the house?”

“I won’t have time to catch my flight,” he told her while dragging her to the nearest coffee shop. “I have a business trip to Busan. I want to see you first, that’s why I told Minho to take you here. It’s closer to the airport.”

They conversation paused as they sat at the small couch by the window and ordering some coffee. The boys sat at the different table behind, letting the two Jung reunited.

“Krystal,” Hara came and greeted the old man politely. She introduced herself to him.

“Can you wait? I-“ Krystal totally forgot that she invited Hara to join them.

“Sure, don’t mind me,” Hara smiled and left them, sitting together with the boys.

“You have to leave right away?” Krystal back to her dad and asked with displeased tone came from her lips. She leaned to the couch sulkily. They haven’t met in months and had to apart again in hours?

“Not right away, I have few more hours,” Krystal chuckled with this new information. As if it made differences. “Besides, I’ll be back here after business in Busan settled. Maybe we’ll spend few days in Seoul,” he assured her.

She stayed shut. But finally relaxed with the thought of meeting her dad in few days. The coffees came with two slices of cake for each of them. Krystal grabbed one and turned back to Minho who was sitting right behind her.

“Minho oppa,” she called him, showing him her coffee. “Can I drink this?”

Minho turned his head to look at her and immediately flustered when he saw Mr. Jung looked at him with a teasing grin.

“Er…,” Minho hesitated.

“You could’ve just asked me,” Mr. Jung gave Krystal the same teasing grin. Minho and Krystal came back to their seat and he could see her daughter blushed. Though he couldn’t see, he bet his life that Minho’s ears reddened as well as hers. He easily confirmed it through Taemin and Sehun’s grins.

Krystal took it as a sign of approval and began to sip her iced coffee. She looked down, hoping that the blush would fade soon.

“I regain some memories, Dad,” Krystal tried to stop her dad’s teasing. And she needed to tell him this important progression.

“I know. Minho always told me everything and regularly,” he sipped his coffee too. He shot her with serious stare. “I was also told about your health and your behavior at school which is not really pleased to hear.”

“But-“

“But he told me that you’re getting better,” he finally smiled. “And I’m glad that you started your therapy again. Not to mention that you finally put some distance with that Myungsoo boy. He also told me that you’re no longer a spoiled brat. I’m proud of you.”

She smiled back, didn’t expect Minho to praise her behind her back. That was why her dad didn’t ask anything when he usually so over-protective and showered her with extreme concern. He and Minho had been in touch all this time.

“Just in case that you wonder, I know every rule that Minho applied to you. He wouldn’t dare to do it without my permission,” he confessed. “He cares about you and you gave him a pretty hard time,” he joked.

“I know,” she nodded. “But who wouldn’t fuss when a stranger suddenly told me to do this and that?” She recalled the time when she didn’t remember anything. “You have no idea how pissed I was when you told me that oppa is my fiancé. You don’t have to act it like that.”

Mr. Jung laughed, seeing his daughter sulky face. “But he was. I mean he is. You were engaged already before you got into the accident. Too bad you’re no longer remembering.”

“What?” Krystal opened but no voice came out. Another truth, another surprise. She voiced this one. “You’re not kidding, right?”

“Chill, darling,” Mr. Jung took offered her his cake. She took it, but not eating it. “Minho will never push you into anything you don’t want to. If you want to call it off, I bet he will.”

“Why do you think I will do it?”

“From what I heard, seems like you don’t like him that way anymore. He didn’t want you to feel obliged just because he is your past. You’re free to choose anyone except proper, that’s what he insisted to tell me whenever we’re on phone,” he chuckled.

“Then he shouldn’t bring me here in the first place,” she commented with an obvious hurt in her voice.

“He tried to take ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter