Chapter 26

Sudden Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa, you’ll go at ten or arrive at ten?” Hara asked him on the phone about the meeting. They didn’t even work together. They would just attend the same events like he did with another company. She should stop budging him.

Screw the auction holder to give her his staff’s phone number. His staff told him that she had been calling him almost every hour that he couldn’t take it anymore.

“Yes, I’ll be there around ten,” Minho talked on the phone and immediately cut the conversation.

“Is there anything wrong? You seem annoyed,” Krystal bit the oat bread cutely, enough to blow his anger away.

“Just work,” he smiled and continued his breakfast. She was in pajama again. “You’re staying home?”

“I think so,” she shrugged. He couldn’t wait until Sooyoung came so he could play with Krystal. She must be bored, staying at home.

“Don’t you want to go out with Hara?” he asked.

“She’s busy. Or so she said,” she told him. “I think today too.”

“You should at least try to ask her,” he suggested. She should take Hara out so he would be free.

“She was with you yesterday, was she?”

“Everyday, to be exact,” he corrected her, trying not to sound annoyed. Hara had been following him around with work as excuses. But he hated that. Krystal could make a better friend. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” Krystal nodded.

“Do you like her?”

She frowned even deeper as he asked that. Hopefully, she didn’t take it wrongly. He just wanted to ask.

“I told you she is my best friend. She is the only one who helped me through everything when I was in Seoul. I have Sehun and Taemin as friends, but Hara is the only one who sticks me since the beginning. So yeah, I like her. I cherish her a lot.”

Minho nodded quietly. She really cherished that Hara girl. How could he hush Krystal’s friend without hurting Krystal herself? He didn’t want to give Krystal hard times by showing his displeased feeling towards Hara. Krystal would never have to choose between him and her best friend, because he would do anything to be by her side. For now, he would try to bear with it while trying to see what was this Hara girl wanted.

“Why, oppa? It’s so rare that you’re talking about a girl,” Krystal asked, uncomfortable.

“Nothing, just asking,” he assured her. She didn’t need another thing to be worried.

“You like her?” she shot. Her face was showing a mixed of curiosity, pout and seriousness.

The question itself was ridiculous and her face was gold that it made him grinned before they burst into laughter together. He managed to catch the orange she threw while laughing so hard. He leaned closer and reached for her soft hair, ruffling it playfully. He totally loved this.

His paradise interfered when he heard the clacking sound of heels. Hara came and he didn’t want to have a bad mood by acting out nicely. He had to excuse himself. “I’m going to be late. I better took a shower now.”

Wanting to take the last smile from her, he ruffled Krystal's hair before rushed himself to his room and took a shower. It was getting so irritating when Hara pestered him everyday. There was really no need for them to go to work together. Though she said she wanted to see Krystal before go to work, he wasn’t stupid. He could kind of saw where was she heading.

Finished with his shower, he wore his shirt and sighed. He would hate work if having Hara round were the amount that he had to pay. A ruckus he faintly heard made him stopped his hand in the air. It came from the dining room.

Krystal.

He ran as fast as he could and found Krystal on the floor, surrounded by Hara and some of her maids. She was tense with hand was holding her chest desperately, clearly in pain. He shoved everyone away furiously and held her gently.

“Soojung,” he called her with a tremble voice. He said in between without looking away from her. “Call the doctor.”

Fortunately, the maid heard him and ran to get the phone. The doctor should come anytime soon. He kept on calling her name as her tension started to disappeared and her breathing went back to normal. She finally collapsed when he brought her to her bed. Not even ten minutes, the doctor came and he was told that she was going to be okay.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Take care of everything and cancel my appointment,” Minho told his staff. “Soojung hasn’t awake yet, I can’t leave.”

He rubbed his temple as he let his staff go. It had been hours and Krystal hadn’t waked yet that it scared him. He called the doctor three times, demanding why she had been lying for so long. But again, the doctor said it was okay and he should let her rest.

He wanted to cry when the doctor said that it was her fifth time collapsed this year. She was late for treatment and it was good that she was doing it regularly now.

Letting the chefs and maids to rest, he entered the kitchen and cooking Krystal some food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter