Cookies

Star Catcher

"Noona, this tastes great!" Junsu declared. He did a thumbs up sign.

Sohee smiled. "That's good. I knew you would love it!"

Junsu continued to eat his pancakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream, all home-made and created by Sohee. Well, except the strawberries. Those were store-bought.

"Yoochun and Jaejoong would be jealous." Junsu said, laughing.

"By the way, how are you guys doing lately?" Sohee asked. "Is your album almost ready? What's up with your career lately, Junsu?"

Junsu took another bite. "Our music is all ready. The songs are all prepared. And we might even make a music video."

". . . I see. Anything else you guys are doing?" Sohee asked nervously. I have to find out, but I can't seem suspicious!

"Oh! I'm going to be in an upcoming drama. It's airing soon. And Jaejoong is auditioning for another drama, too. To attract more fans, you know."

"Hmm. . ." was Sohee's answer. She went to the sink to clean her plate.

"Noona! I told you! You don't have to clean the dishes, someone else will do that for us." Junsu said.

"Right, whoops." Sohee said, putting her dish in the sink. She'd wanted to have something to do while asking these questions so that she wouldn't seem like an interviewer or something.

"There's more pancakes in the fridge, if you'd like some." Sohee said.

Junsu nodded. "I'm getting seconds." He headed towards the refrigerator.

Ding Dong! went the doorbell. Sohee stood up from her chair.

"I'll get that!" Junsu yelled to Sohee. Sohee shook her head. "I will." But Junsu walked over to the door. Sohee followed behind him. Junsu opened it. "Oh!" he said.

"Annyeong." Jaejoong and Yoochun greeted happily.

"You guys sure are coming here a lot lately." Junsu said in an annoyed tone.

Jaejoong peeked through the door. "Where's Sohee?" he asked.

Sohee peeked out from behind Junsu. "Ah! Annyeong, Jaejoong and Yoochun!" she waved.

Jaejoong and Yoochun started to walk in, but Junsu blocked them. "Why are you two coming here for no reason? If there is a reason, I'll let you in. If not, goodbye." He started to close the door.

Jaejoong pushed it back open. "Is it not okay for us to share some cookies with you and Sohee?" he asked, holding up a bag of Junsu's favorite vanilla-chocolate cookies.

Junsu gulped. "Hyung, you didn't have to."

"Didn't you just say that I had to have a reason to come in?" Jaejoong asked.

Junsu sighed. "Sorry, hyung. It's just that . . . every time you two buy cookies, you never share them with me." he said sadly.

"They're too good to be shared," Yoochun sad with a laugh. "But . . . today's an exception." he said, eying Sohee.

"Wow, thank you so much!" Sohee said, bowing. She shouldered Junsu.

"Um, ye, kumsamnida, Jaejoong and Yoochun hyung." Junsu immediately said.

"Your welcome." Yoochun and Jaejoong said together.

Junsu was starting to get annoyed. Or maybe more than that. Jaejoong and Yoochun had been coming over to his house every single day now. They barely used to do that, but now that Sohee was here, they came every day. For no apparent reason. At least there was a reason today: Cookies!

I never thought that one day I would be jealous of my noona. Junsu thought to himself. But I am now.

Sohee lead the boys to the kitchen. "As a treat for giving us cookies, would you two like some pancakes?"

Junsu frowned. "Noona! What are you talking about? Those are mine! I was going to eat those!" he whined.

"Junsu, you really need to learn to share." Sohee criticized, shaking her head.

"I would love some." Jaejoong said.

Junsu glared. Yoochun raised his hand in the air. "Me too! I want some too, please!"

Sohee laughed. "Okay, let me take them out. Please have a seat."

Yoochun and Jaejoong helped themselves to the chairs while Junsu continued to stand, wanting to show his diapproval of Yoochun and Jaejoong taking his pancakes.

"Noona, you leave me some pancakes, araso?" Junsu said.

Sohee gave him an apolegetic smile. "Mianhe, Junsu. It looks like there's only just enough for Yoochun and Jaejoong. I'll make you more another time." she put the pancakes on plates and gave them to Yoochun and Jaejoong.

"Noona! Wae?!" Junsu moaned.

Jaejoong took a bite and smiled. "If you make more next time, tell me to come."

"No way!" Junsu shouted.

"Okay." Sohee said to Jaejoong. Junsu glared at his betraying noona.

"Call me too." Yoochun said. "This is delicious." he cut off a little piece and ate it with Junsu staring hungrily.

"Sharing is caring." Sohee said, patting Junsu's arm.

Junsu grabbed the bag of cookies. "I'm gonna eat them now." he announced.

Jaejoong snatched them back. "Yah! Wait for everyone, Junsu. We're still eating."

Junsu sighed and sat down. Sohee laughed. "Be patient too, dongsaeng."

After the pancakes were eaten, Junsu opened the bag of cookies and ate one. "Yum!"

"Ladies first." Yoochun said, giving the bag to Sohee. Sohee took a piece. "Wow. This tastes great!"

The cookie was a mixture of vanilla and chocolate, creamy and sweet. It was soft and chewy, full of chocolate chips and vanilla beans. Sohee had never eaten such a delicious cookie before. Just tasting it made her smile.

"This is even better than chocolate chip cookies!" Sohee exclaimed.

Jaejoong smiled at her. "I'm glad you like it."

Yoochun cleared his throat. " I am glad too."

"I'm the most glad." Junsu said, eating another piece.

"Junsu, you hungry bear!" Yoochun said in a teasing voice.

Junsu ignored him and said to Sohee, "Ah! Let's play the cookie game!"

Jaejoong and Yoochun stared at him. "What cookie game?"

Sohee smiled. "Junsu and I used to play a game whenever we ate cookies."

"What kind of game?" Yoochun asked.

"We stack up cookies one at a time, one player each time. If a player stacks a cookie and it falls, that person is out. They only get the amount of cookies that fell down." Junsu explained.

"What about the remaining players?" Jaejoong asked.

"They continue to play until another cookie falls down, and the winner gets the most cookies." Sohee answered.

"I want to play it!" Yoochun said.

"I agree. Let's play it." Jaejoong said.

Junsu shook his head. "Ani, I don't want to!"

"Come on, it'll be fun, Junsu." Sohee said.

"Ani, I at it." Junsu said with a frown.

"You're older now, so you'll be wiser, maybe." Sohee assured.

"Did you say 'maybe'?" Yoochun asked.

Sohee pretended not to hear. "I'll share with you if you lose."

"Really?!" Junsu asked. Sohee nodded.

"I'm playing." Junsu said.

"I'm taking first place." Yoochun announced.

"No, I'll be doing that." Sohee said.

"Let's see who wins, then." Yoochun snickered.

"You're on." Sohee replied.

~ ~ ~

"Oh! Oh! Ani! Don't! Oh..." Junsu yelled.

The cookie, however, did not listen, and fell off. It rolled over to the edge of the table and into Junsu's hand.

"Ha, ha, ha! Junsu-ah, you lost!" Jaejoong said.

Junsu grumbled. "Why am I always last place?"

The four of them had just stacked up to 11 cookies and the twelfth (Junsu's cookie) had fallen off. So now Junsu would only get 2 cookies. (The amount of cookies he stacked, not including the other players'.)

*In case any of you do not understand, this is what happened*

Four players: Sohee, Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu (This is the order played)the game, this

First Round: All players stacked one cookie each without letting it fall, so each player gets one cookie so far. Total Amount: 4 cookies.

Second Round: All players, once again, stacked the cookies with success and each of them get 2 cookies now. Total Amount: 8 cookies.

Third Round: Sohee, Jaejoong, and Yoochun stacked the cookies with success. Each of them get three cookies now. But poor Junsu, the last player could not stack the 12th cookie, so he is out and only gets two until the end of the game. Total Amount: 11 cookies (because somebody made their cookie fall off).

"It wasn't' my fault! Can I get a retry?"

"No." Yoochun, Jaejoong, and Sohee said in chorus.

Junsu made a puppy-dog face. "Pretty, pretty please?"

"No!" they all said again.

"Yoochun hyung?" Junsu said.

"No!!" Yoochun answered.

"Sohee noona?" Junsu said.

"No!!!" she said.

" . . . Jaejoong hyung?" Junsu said.

"No!!!!" was the answer.

They continued to play. It wasn't until the sixth round that the next cookie fell. It was Yoochun. By the end of the fifth round, there were 17 cookies stacked up. That was absolutely high. Like a mini Eiffel tower.

"You're really good at this." Jaejoong was saying to Sohee.

"I used to play this with Junsu all the time." Sohee said, putting the 18th cookie on the top without any movement at all.

"You must've been the winner each time." Jaejoong said, placing the 19th cookie.

"Yah, hyung!" Junsu yelled. He was sitting beside Sohee, watching the game. . . and hoping Sohee to win.

Yoochun laughed. "I'm better, though." he said as he placed the 20th cookie on top.

The cookie stack was wobbling. Yoochun gulped. Slowly, the stack of cookies tumbled down and fell onto the kitchen table.

"Aish!" Yoochun exclaimed.

"Hee, hee, hee! Noona, you're gonna win." Junsu betted.

"I was so close!" Yoochun said in an angry voice.

Jaejoong snickered. "And you said you were better."

Yoochun punched him and they continued to the next round, the seventh round. Now, it was Jaejoong against Sohee.

They restacked the cookies back to 19 cookies and continued. Sohee nervously picked up a cookie and placed it on top of the 19th. It stayed.

"Yay!" she cheered, doing a mini victory dance.

Jaejoong laughed. "Don't cheer just yet." He grabbed the next cookie and placed it on top. No movement. Success.

Jaejoong began to sing the Olympic song. Yoochun joined in with him. Junsu scowled.

"Be quiet! The eighth round is starting!" Junsu hissed.

Jaejoong and Yoochun stopped singing. They watched as Sohee put the 22nd cookie.

It went fast. The moment that she put it on there, the whole stack collapsed.

Jaejoong shouted with joy. He high-fived Yoochun. Sohee frowned deeply. Junsu did the same.

"I won! I won!" Jaejoong cheered happily.

"I know! I know!" Sohee said bitterly.

"Kim Jaejoong is the winner of the cookie game!" Yoochun said, holding Jaejoong's hand in the air like he'd won an award.

"Jaejoong gets the rest of the cookies! Sohee gets 7. I get 6 and Junsu gets 2!" Yoochun said.

Junsu punched Yoochun's arm. "Ani, Sohee noona is sharing with me!"

"I think you should ask jyung for cookies instead. He has the most." Yoochun said, pointing at Jaejoong's pile. Jaejoong smirked and ate a cookie. Show-off. Junsu thought.

"Noona, can I have some?" Junsu asked. Sohee nodded.

Junsu grabbed for the cookies instantly. Sohee gasped. "Yah! You took 4?! I only get 3 now! Junsu!"

Junsu ate them greedily. "You said you'd share, noona."

Sohee glared at him. "How come you get more than me?!"

Junsu turned away from her, feeling guilty. "Too bad, noona. Be generous."

"Hmph!" Sohee said, crossing her arms.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around. It was Jaejoong.

He smiled. "Sohee, I have a lot. Here, take some."

"Ani, Jaejoong! You won those cookies, you should eat them. I'll be fine."

"Ani, you take some. Your dongsaeng is really getting on my nerves. He isn't a gentleman at all. I feel bad for you. Just take some."

Sohee did want a few more. She smiled. "Ye, I'll have some. Gomawo, Jaejoong."

"Ye." Jaejoong replied.

"yah, Jaejoong-ah," Yoochun said.

"Hmm?" Jaejoong turned his head towards Yoochun.

"Watching you two eat cookies together is really entertaining. I think I'm seeing sparks fly." Yoochun said.

"Yoochun-ah!" Jaejoong and Sohee said together.

Yoochun laughed. "Mwuh? I didn't say anything wrong, did I?"

Sohee blushed. Jaejoong had been very nice to her lately. And maybe Sohee was being foolish, but she was starting to feel something that she hadn't felt for a long time. Not since she dated Juno, Junsu's older twin brother. . .

"Are any of you hungry? I'll make dinner for you guys tonight, so please stay for it. It's been really nice for you all to take me around Korea. I'd like to repay for such kindness." Sohee said to them.

"Dinner? Ye, noona. I want some later! Especially your cooking! It's the best!" Junsu exclaimed.

Jaejoong and Yoochun nodded. Lately, whenever they came over (which was all the time), Sohee would make lunch or dinner for them. And it was always delicious.

"Okay, I'm going to go shopping for ingredients, then." Sohee said.

"I'll go with you." they all said.

Sohee giggled. "Ye, let's go then."

Today was a great day! After cookies and games, we all went to go shopping for ingredients. Although we bought much more than that. We bought drinks, snacks, sauces, and even non-food items, like a new lamp, a mirror for my room, a flower plant, all sorts of stuff. I made dinner with Jaejoong and Yoochun while Junsu finished off Jaejoong's cookies. (That hungry little boy!) We made beef curry with rice. We also cooked some veggies, even though Jaejoong and Yoochun didn't want to, I insisted, because it's good for you. We also made some chicken broth soup. It was light and good for our health. I'm so happy to be with JYJ! :-) But. . . now that I've gotten closer with them, betraying them is getting harder and harder. Tomorrow, Boss is going to ask for information and I don't have much to tell him. I don't think that I can keep this up. . .

Sohee finished up with her writing and put her pencil down. She wrote in her journal everyday. It was a habit, even when she was younger. She wrote down all her thoughts and feelings in her journals each day. It always felt better to her, releasing her thoughts out onto paper.

That was another reason why she loved to write songs. Her emotions were always in the lyrics and the song would always fit her mood. When Sohee's relationship with Juno had gone bad, all her songs had been filled with sadness for a while. There was no happy, hit song that she could write for a long time.

But now, a song was starting to form in her mind. Sohee decided to write a song. A happy song. A song about how she felt as she made dinner with Jaejoong by her side. . .