Hiding Sorrow

Star Catcher

Jaejoong bit his lip nervously. He rang the doorbell.

When there was no answer, Jaejoong thought that no one would come to answer the door, but it opened.

Of course, it was Sohee who opened the door. She smiled brightly at Jaejoong. "Good morning!"

"Morning." he greeted back.

"Come in." Sohee said. She grabbed Jaejoong's hand and pulled him inside.

Uh-oh. I don't want Junsu to see this and get even more sad. Jaejoong thought.

He gently pulled his hands away from Sohee while she frowned slightly before closing the door.

"How's Junsu?" Jaejoong asked.

Sohee sighed. "He's being weird. He won't come out of his room much. When I called him for breakfast this morning, he only responded quitely that he didn't want to eat. When I asked him again, he didn't even answer. Do you know why he's acting like this?"

Jaejoong shrugged. "Molla. Don't know. Maybe he's sick." he lied.

"Oh! That's very possible! You're so smart, Jaejoong. I should've known that Junsu was ill." Sohee exclaimed, hugging him.

Jaejoong nodded and shrugged out of Sohee's arms. "Is it alright if I talk with him?"

"Sure." Sohee said. She kissed Jaejoong softly on the cheek. "Don't be too long."

Jaejoong stepped away from Sohee. "Um. . .ye." He walked quickly up the stairs to see Junsu.

Sohee felt annoyed. Why is Jaejoong acting weird too? He isn't. . .acting like how a boyfriend would act. And he usually does act lovey-dovey with me. Is something wrong?

~ ~ ~

Jaejoong knocked on Junsu's door. "Junsu?" He heard a small noise from the room.

". . . Hyung?" Junsu said from inside.

"Ye, it's me, Jaejoong. Can I come in to talk with you?"

There was a long pause. "Mianhe, hyung. I'm not feeling well today. I -"

"You don't need to lie. I already lied for you to Sohee. She's worried about you." Jaejoong cut in.

There was a hint of surprise in Junsu's words. "S-She's worried about me?"

Jaejoong sighed. "Ye. Junsu, please. Let me come in. we really need to talk."

After a bit more consideration, Junsu opened the door and Jaejoong went inside. Jaejoong observed Junsu's tired face. He looked like he'd been staying up all night. Jaejoong felt bad for him.

"Look, Junsu, I'm really sorry." Jaejoong started.

Junsu laughed dryly. "What are you talking about, hyung? You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Yes, I do!" Jaejoong shouted. Junsu didn't respond.

Jaejoong continued. "I. . .I am really sorry for falling for the one you love, Junsu. I was so wrapped up in her, I completely forgot that you liked her, too. I kept on thinking that I needed to get her to love me back, even though it should be you who should date her. Mianhe."

Junsu gave Jaejoong a stern look. "Jaejoong, you have no idea what you're saying. Sohee really likes you, I'm sure. Or she wouldn't have dated you. She's very serious about her love life. She chooses wisely. Besides, how can you make yourself fall out of love with someone, Jaejoong? If you love her, be with her. I want her to be happy. I want you happy, too."

"You should speak for yourself, Junsu. You just said that it's hard to fall out of love, so how can I be happy if I know you're still in love with Sohee?"

"Hyung, just ignore me. I can survive." Junsu replied sarcastically.

"Ani-"

"Hyung, forget it." Junsu said. "I'm fine. Just go be with her. Really. I'm fine."

Jaejoong walked out of Junsu's room, still uncomfortable. Sohee was downstairs, staring up at him. He walked down slowly.

Sohee spoke. "What happened?"

Jaejoong shook his head. "Not much. Wanna go on a date?"

Sohee raised her eyebrows at the sudden topic. "A date? Yes, please."

Jaejoong chuckled and kissed her forehead lightly. Sohee frowned, remembering Jaejoong's earlier reluctance to be with her. Maybe he's in a better mood now. Maybe Junsu isn't sick anymore and Jaejoong is happier now.

Sohee crossed her arms and pretended to pout. "That's not enough for me."

She tiptoed and kissed Jaejoong on the lips passionately. His lips were soft and warm. To Sohee, he smelled like sweet lavender. His soft, long fingers wrapped around her own hands. It felt heavenly. Sohee couldn't tell how long they had kissed. She pulled away from him and heard Jaejoong sigh.

Sohee laughed. "Come on. Let's not be late for that date." Jaejoong nodded and took her hand. Our first date.


 Well, thanks for reading! So happy to reach another chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please tell me what you think of it so far. And the poster! The poster! Tell me if you like it! XD I like it myself. LOL.