Karaoke

Star Catcher

"We have four people." Junsu said.

The man at the counter walked down the hallway. "This way." he said.

They arrived at a room that was big and had two large couches. The TV was a flat screen and was very big.

"Kumsamnida." Sohee said to the man. He nodded and left, closing the door.

"It's time to party!" Junsu declared loudly. He the karaoke machine and grabbed for the microphone.

Sohee laughed. "Dongsaeng, what are you going to sing?"

Junsu smiled. "A song for you." he said in a romantic tone. Sohee laughed nervously.

"Yah, Junsu, stop the lovey-dovey voice. I'm about to throw up." Yoochun teased.

Jaejoong pretended to puke. "Junsu, skip the flirting and go with the singing."

Junsu looked over at the screen. "Hmm . . . what song should I sing?"

"Sing Fallen Leaves!" Sohee suggested. "I love that song!"

Junsu smiled. "Noona, did you know that I wrote that song?" he bragged.

"I have too, you know." Yoochun said.

"Me too. Much more than either of you." Jaejoong spoke up.

Junsu frowned. "I was just kidding."

"Sure." Yoochun and Jaejoong said at the same time. Junsu rolled his eyes at them.

"Whatever. But since my wonderful noona wants me to sing Fallen Leaves, I shall do that." he announced. Once the music started, the song began and the lyrics filled the screen.

Just as Junsu was about to sing, Jaejoong cut him off. " ~The wind is blowing. A glowing of the sky. The fate of us, even if it's a distance away, the time passes . . ." he sang.

"Hey! I was going to sing this myself!" Junsu yelled. Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at him. "This is my line, so I should sing it." and continued to sing.

"~The spaces that passes by is long.~" he finished.

Junsu frowned. "Hyung, you-"

"~It seems to be love. It seems to be longing.~" Yoochun sang.

"Not you too, Yoochun!" Junsu protested.

"This is my line." Yoochun replied in an annoyed tone.

"Yeah, dongsaeng, be quiet now!" Sohee ordered.

Junsu gasped. "Noona?!"

Sohee winked. "I want to hear, so be quiet!" And so Junsu shut up reluctantly as Yoochun continued to sing.

After a slow song, they moved on to a fast one. Empty was sang next. By then, all four of them were hyper because of the upbeat tune.

"Your heart is empty and you're so cold. You don't care about you and I." JYJ sang together. Sohee waved her hands in the air and clapped, in a party-mood, just like the other three.

Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu were standing in the middle together, singing the chorus, while Sohee sat on the coach, slightly dancing and cheering.

"Your heart is empty. You won't let go but I'm walking out this life." they sang together.

"Why can't you let it go? (Let it go, let it go, let it go.)" Yoochun sang.

"Girl, because your heart is empty." Jaejoong sang afterwards.

Sohee laughed. "Wow! You guys are really good!" She could tell that they practiced dancing a lot. Their steps matched pefectly. Their vocals were good, they seemed entertaining.

"Noona, you sing too!" Junsu shouted across the room. Sohee blinked. "Huh? M-Me? Ani, dongsaeng, ani!"

Junsu walked over and grabbed her arm. "Gaja, noona!"

Sohee sighed. "Fine, but don't expect a good performance."

Jaejoong smiled. "You sang very well last time."

Sohee smiled back. "Gomawo, Jaejoong." Jaejoong nodded politely.

"Sohee, sing!" Yoochun agreed.

Sohee stood up and the boys all handed their microphones to her. Sohee took Junsu's. "What should I sing, Junsu?" she asked.

"Sing Gee." Yoochun said.

"Sing Hate U, Love U." Jaejoong suggested.

"She was asking me, okay?" Junsu said.

"Will you guys stop fighting? I'm not going to sing, then." Sohee said.

"Ani! Ani!" they all shouted. Sohee laughed.

"Okay, you pick, then, Junsu." Yoochun said.

Junsu thought about it. "Hmm. . . how about . . . What Should We Finish? By Soyeon?" Junsu said.

"Ooh! That's a good song!" Jaejoong said.

"Very . . . powerful song." Sohee said. "You just had to make me sing songs like that, huh?"

"Sorry, noona, but I haven't heard you sing since forever." Junsu said.

"You just heard me the other day." Sohee complained.

"Just sing it, noona." Junsu said impatiently.

Yoochun picked out the song and the music started before Sohee could even get ready. "Yah! Wait, wait!" she yelled, but the first verse was starting and she had to sing.

"~Why should we end our love? That's been so long. We said goodbye by handshake. Like in movies. Though I'm laughing, my eyes are flooded with tears. I cannot hold back the tears when I see you again.~"

Junsu clapped his hands. "Whoo! Nice start, noona!"

Then came the chorus: "My heart is aching from the tears. Even though our love is over, my heart still wants you.~"

"Wow, your noona is pretty good." Yoochun whispered to Junsu.

"It's as if she's had practice before." Jaejoong muttered.

"Huh? No way, hyung! My noona is naturally good at singing, without practice, just like me." Junsu bragged.

"Ani, Junsu. I can tell when people practice for singing." Jaejoong said firmly.

"Why would she ever need practice?" Junsu asked. "Hyung, you've mistaken her."

Jaejoong's eyes stayed trained on Sohee as she sang. " . . . Perhaps."

But Jaejoong knew that only trained vocalists could sing like that. He'd been through it himself. Sohee was not a singer, so what was up with her voice? Jaejoong didn't understand.

"Great job, noona!" Junsu exclaimed as Sohee finished the song. Sohee smiled at him. "Junsu, you're much better."

"Ani, Sohee, you were great!" Yoochun agreed.

"Yes, you were." Jaejoong said. "Sohee, do you sing a lot?"

Sohee shook her head quickly. "Ani, ani, I don't! It's not like I have a job related to singing or something! I don't sing at all usually. Just occasionally."

"Really?" Jaejoong asked. "You seem good at it."

Sohee shook her head and looked down. "I just got lucky today. I can sing horribly sometimes." she laughed. Yoochun and Junsu laughed with her. But Jaejoong just smiled.

"I see. You're more talented than anyone in this room, then." he said.

Sohee blushed. "Of course not, Jaejoong! You guys sing so well!

"Well, whatever." Yoochun said. He didn't like to be complimented by others."Let's get something to drink. Jaejoong, I'll treat you to that drink that we were talking about earlier."

Jaejoong smiled. "All right!"

Sohee sighed with relief. I'm so glad that Jaejoong isn't going to ask me anything else!

"Noona, what do you want to drink?" Junsu asked.

"Water." she answered quickly. Junsu rolled his eyes.

"Be serious! Stop feeling bad for not paying! I have a lot of money lately!" Junsu said.

Sohee smiled to herself. Me too. Ever since I wrote SNSD's new hit song!

"Whatever, Junsu. But I'm paying for my own food and drinks, okay? I'm getting a peach martini cocktail."

They ordered it and after a few more songs, the food and drinks came. There was kimchi, red bean-filled rice cakes, tea, beer, other drinks, chips, BBQ, sweet cakes, and . . . water, just in case.

Sohee's eyes widened at the amount of food that covered the whole table. Jaejoong raised his eyebrow too. This is too much... he thought to himself. Yoochun laughed. And Junsu stared with hungry, starving eyes.

"I think it's time to eat." Yoochun said.

"It better be." Junsu murmured, helping himself to a rice cake.

Jaejoong sipped his lychee wine and sighed with pleasure. Yoochun started with the BBQ pork. Sohee sipped her peach martini.

"Aren't you going to eat, noona?" Junsu asked through a mouthful of red beans.

Sohee laughed. "I might. If you haven't finished it already."

Through the food and drinks, they continued to sing and dance from songs. Sohee couldn't keep herself awake much, though.

I shouldn't have ordered this drink. I'm so sleepy... I should've stuck with...water. I'm so drowsy now.

Sohee felt her eyes slowly close and then her mind went blank. She was absolutely asleep.

"Your noona sure looks tired." Yoochun said to Junsu. Junsu blinked and looked up from his cream cake. "Huh?"

He saw Sohee's eyes closed, her face completely relaxed, and circles under her eyes. She must be a hard worker, I bet.

Junsu walked over to where Sohee was sitting beside Jaejoong. Junsu took off his jacket and draped it over Sohee's shoulders. She didn't make a sound at all.

"How can she sleep through all this noise?" Jaejoong wondered. The music from the karaoke machine was blazing loudly with Yoochun singing on stage. 

Junsu shrugged. "My noona has always been different from other people."

Junsu joined Yoochun on the stage and sang with him. Yoochun danced wildly, like he was drunk. He probably is. Jaejoong thought.

Suddenly, he felt weight on his shoulder and he turned to see. Sohee had fallen onto his shoulder while sleeping. Jaejoong sighed, annoyed. He gently pushed her off of him and placed her back to her earlier position.

"That's better." Jaejoong said. He grabbed his cup of wine and drank again.

"Yah, Yoochun!" he called.

Yoochun looked over. "Ye, hyung?"

"Thanks for the drink." Jaejoong said with a smile. Yoochun nodded and went back to his dancing and singing.

Before Jaejoong knew it, Sohee's head fell on him again. Hard.

"Ow." he muttered.

Sohee's eyes blinked open. "Eh?!"

Jaejoong stared at her. "What?"

Sohee looked around her and looked at herself on his shoulder. "Oh! Aish! Silly me! Mianhe, Jaejoong-ah. I was so tired, I fell on you. Mianhe." she bowed.

Jaejoong laughed. "Um, it's alright. Go back to sleep. I'll just sit over there." he said, pointing at the coach next to them.

"That's probably better." Sohee agreed. "Then, I won't fall on you. Ha, ha."

Jaejoong lifted himself on the coach and sat on the other one. Sohee yawned ang blinked a couple times.

"You can just go back to sleep, Sohee. They won't be done for a long time." Jaejoong said.

Sohee glanced over at Yoochun and Junsu. "Yeah, you're right. Can youwake me when we go, Jaejoong?"

Jaejoong nodded and Sohee closed her eyes again. Pretty soon, she was in deep sleep once again.

Jaejoong sighed. "Yah, Junsu, Yoochun, when are we leaving?"

"Not yet, hyung. Come sing with us!" Junsu said.

Jaejoong shook his head. "Anya, I don't feel like singing. Or dancing."

"You're so lazy, hyung." Yoochun complained.

Jaejoong smiled. "You've always known that."

Then, Jaejoong saw Sohee fall sideways onto the coach again. Her face hit the coach and she was awake again. "Oww! Oww!" she yelled, touching her hurt face.

Jaejoong stifled a laugh. "Um. . . are you alright?"

Sohee looked up. "Oh. Jaejoong. I fell again. But on the coach this time. I hate that habit."

Jaejoong couldn't help himself. He laughed. "Oh my gosh! That was so hilarious! Sohee, you were asleep and then you fell onto the couch and woke up. You looked so surprised, it was so funny! Ha, ha , ha!"

Sohee blushed without trying to. "Jaejoong! I didn't mean to!"

"Which makes it so much funnier!" Jaejoong said, laughing again.

Sohee laughed too. "It was a shock. I always do that when I get super tired! One time, I was on an airplane and I fell alseep. When I woke up, I was on an old lady's shoulder!"

They laughed again. Junsu walked over. "Yah! What's so funny?"

"None of your business." Jaejoong said.

"Hyung!" Junsu whined. Then he turned to Sohee. "Noona, tell me!"

Sohee opened , but Jaejoong put his hand over it. "There's nothing to tell. Leave us alone."

Sohee blushed and her heart beated faster. Yoochun turned off the karaoke machine and walked over too. "Can we go now?"

Jaejoong scoffed at him. "You're the one to talk. I've been waiting forever."

"Fine, let's go then." Junsu said.

He grabbed Sohee's hand. "Come on, noona."

Sohee nodded. "Ye."

Then Junsu stopped and turned around. "Wait! Wait!"

Jaejoong and Yoochun stared at him. "Mwo?"

Junsu walked over to the table and ate the last piece of kimchi. He smiled. "There."

Sohee rolled her eyes. "Junsu, can we go now?"

Junsu grabbed her hand again. "Ye, noona. My sleepy princess needs some sleep, huh?"

"She is not your princess." Jaejoong said in an annoyed tone.

Junsu stared at him. "And who are you to say that she isn't?"

They gave each other a look. Yoochun stepped in. "Okay, okay. Time to go now, right, Sohee?"

"R-Right." Sohee stuttered. Jaejoong and Junsu were being cross with each other lately. Boy fights were bad...

"She is my princess." Junsu said.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. "And you are what? Her child?"

"Hyung! You are so-"

"I'm nobody's princess. I'm my own queen." Sohee said.

Junsu blushed. "Noona, are you siding with him? He-"

"Ani, you're not my child." Sohee said, angrily.

"Well, can we just go home now?" Yoochun asked. He yawned. "I'm going to call up my driver to take me home. I'm drunk."

Jaejoong sighed. "Me too. Gaja."

They all walked out of the room and back to reality. The waitresses and waiters bowed. "Please come again."

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you guys around." Jaejoong said. He looked over at Sohee and she waved. He waved back and he walked away.

"Hyung is so weird today." Junsu said to Yoochun.

Yoochun smiled. "You called her your princess first."

Junsu gasped. "What's wrong with that? Noona is very important to me!"

Sohee laughed. "Junsu, you shouldn't call me 'princess', okay? It's embarrassing."

Junsu blushed. "Alright. We're going home now. Annyeong, Yoochun."

"Annyeong." Yoochun and Sohee said to each other.

Junsu called his driver to pick up Sohee and him. When the car came, Sohee's cell phone buzzed. Someone had sent her a text. At 1 o'clock in the morning. There could only be one person. She viewed the message.

From: Boss

To: Sohee

Message: find out more info 4 me. i need 2 hear from u by next week. u no the consequences.

Sohee sighed to herself. Junsu glanced over. "Noona, who was that?"

Sohee quickly put her phone away. "Oh, a friend of mine."

Junsu's face looked confused. "At this time? Your friend is pretty rude."

Sohee looked out the window of the car. "I know."