Dear Diary

Star Catcher

"M-Mother?" Sohee thought out loud. Why would omoni be calling me all of a sudden? Sohee wondered. She answered the phone, a little anxious to speak to her mother.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Aigoo, Sohee-ah!" a familiar, loud, and comforting voice called. "It's omma!"

"Nae, omoni," Sohee said. "Kwenchana?"

"Ye, of course I'm fine! I haven't talked to you since you arrived in Korea! I was afraid that it would interfere with your work. How have you been, dear?"

"I'm..." Sohee trailed off. Good? Bad? I've quit my job as a songwriter and now I'm unemployed. How good can that be? "Well, things are a little complicated at the moment," she answered honestly.

Her mother gasped. "Mwuh? Waeyo?"

Sohee was speechless. She didn't want to tell her mother the truth. How would mothers handle if they knew their kids were working part-time as spies until just recently? Not so good, I would think. But... ottokae?! What should I say to mother? I don't often lie to her. We used to be like sisters. We talked about everything! But now...

"It's just some difficulties with new projects lately. It's nothing, mother," Sohee lied.

"Ah. Araso. Good luck on working it out, honey."

Yeah, I'll definitely need the luck, Sohee thought. "Ye, omma. Gomawo for such sincere words. I miss you a lot, you know? Tell abeoji that I said hello. I miss him, too."

"Of course," her mother promised. "Your father misses you too. We all miss you. When are you coming back to America?"

Sohee paused. America. She'd lived there for so long. Sohee had always loved her hometown. She loved American food as much as Korean food. She liked speaking English. She missed her friends. But...just thinking about going home had saddened her mood. Sohee wasn't ready to go home yet. She didn't know if she would ever be.

"T-That's still unknown for now," Sohee answered slowly. "I'll call you about it if I'm flying home, omoni. Araso?"

"Araso," her mother replied. "Love you, sweetie. We'll talk another time."

"Ye, omma. Annyeong."

"Annyeong."

Sohee ended the call and felt guilty instantly. She felt bad for not wanting to go back to America. When she'd come back to Korea, she had been home sick, but Sohee had soon developed a love of Korea again. Not only Korea, but also...her three best friends here.

Sohee sighed. I'm thinking too much. I sound depressing. Maybe I should go out and do some grocery shopping. Junsu and Yoochun wanted to come over for some omrice tonight... So she grabbed her bag and coat, left a note for Jaejoong (because he had left the house to talk with Yoochun), and stepped out.

~ ~ ~

"What a day," Jaejoong said to himself. He sighed deeply, shaking his head.

He was now walking down a street where many little side stores were located. Yoochun had met with him a few minutes ago, discussing the recent scandal. After calming down Yoochun (and promising Sohee's omrice), Jaejoong left Yoochun to himself for alone time.

"Sir?"

Jaejoong turned his head. A young women in her twenties was staring at him curiously. Her big brown eyes gave signs of interest and hopefulness.

"May I ask you a question?" she asked.

He nodded slowly. "What is it?"

"Are you, by any chance, Kim Jaejoong?"

The nervous Jaejoong pressed his sunglasses higher against his face. "Uhh. . . Anyo."

The girl's face was filled with disappointment. "Aigoo, is that so? Mianhe, it's just that you really look like him. Maybe it's just your sunglasses or your face structure. But . . . your voice sounds a lot like him, too..."

"T-That must be a coincidence!" Jaejoong exclaimed in a lower voice. "I am nothing like him!"

The girl blushed. "Ah, chincha? Are you sure? Maybe if you took off your glasses you'd look different."

Jaejoong froze there, unsure of what to do. He cleared his throat. "Excuse me, ma'am, but I'd rather keep them on, since it's rather a sunny day."

The girl blinked at him. "Ehh? Sunny?" she repeated, looking at the dull, cloudy sky.

"Umm, mianhe, but I'm busy. I have to..." Jaejoong trailed off. His eyes wandered off towards a cake shop nearby. "...Buy a cake for my girlfriend."

The girl bid goodbye before Jaejoong turned to leave. Under her breath, she muttered to herself, not knowing Jaejoong was within hearing distance. "Aish! Another cute boy taken. How can I be so unlucky?!"

Jaejoong chuckled before entering the cake shop. It was a little bit on the cute side for his taste, but he knew that Sohee would have loved it. I should have brought Sohee along. It would've been a nice date with some nice dessert! Jaejoong thought, eyeing a piece of chocolate vanilla cake.

"I'll have two orders of Sweet Choco Lovers."

~ ~ ~

"Sohee? Are you home? I got you something good!" Jaejoong called out to the house. No answer.

"Sohee?"

He took off his shoes at the front of the house and walked inside. The house was completely quiet. Sohee wasn't home. Hmm...where did she go? Jaejoong wondered to himself.

He decided to wait until she came back to eat the cake with her. He didn't want to look like a hungry bear. Jaejoong brought the cakes to Sohee's room. On her door, there was a note taped against the wall:

Jaejoong Hubby!! ^.^

I'm going to be out to do some grocery shopping for a while. It's been a stressful day for you and for Yoochun, so I'll make sure to pick the best quality ingredients for tonight's special dinner! Until then, I'll be gone. Remember to miss me! ;)

Saranghae! <333

From Your So-So

Jaejoong chuckled at her cute note. He folded it up and slipped it into his coat pocket, knowing that he would re-read the note over and over for the rest of the day. Or the rest of his life.

Jaejoong turned the doorknob and entered Sohee's room. Her room consisted of a large bed, a closet, bookshelves, a small mirror, and a large desk where she kept herself busy. He placed the bag of cakes on her desk. That was when Jaejoong came up with the idea of writing Sohee a note of his own. He already knew what to say: My Loveable So-So, here is a cake to represent my love for you! Jaejoong shook his head. Naah, that's too cheesy. Maybe something else...

Jaejoong grabbed one of Sohee's pens and clicked it on, ready to think of a charming note. He eyed Sohee's desk. He needed paper. Jaejoong glanced at Sohee's notebook and decided to use it. He flipped it open and was surprised to see a journal entry:

-Tuesday Afternoon-

OMO! OMO! OMO!!!!!! XDDD >.< I am going to die from happiness!!!! Today is the best day of my life! Kim Jaejoong and I are finally dating! We're dating!!! I had not seen this coming. I was really surprised to know that he liked me back. Ever since I met him, I've been a huge fan. I admired his genuine and friendly character. And, of course, the fact that he was THE Kim Jaejoong. The one who had always been my bias in TVXQ and JYJ. It's no wonder why I'm so happy, right? I really hope that we'll continue to have good memories together. Hwaiting for the Jaehee couple!! ^-^

Jaejoong felt his cheeks redden. Aigoo, this girl. I'm really going to snuggle with her tonight. She is too cute. Now all I want is to find her, kiss her, and wrap my arms around her. I wish dinner would just hurry up and come... But I guess I'll pass the time by thinking of my note...And peeking in her diary! Jaejoong thought.

He flipped across a few pages, all smiles. He never knew that Sohee kept such diaries. He had never thought of her as the type. As Jaejoong turned through pages, he hummed happily, cheerful because of Sohee's admiring words. It quickly vanished. Jaejoong's happy demeanor was diminished into nothing as he read the next line that had caught his eye:

...I was the one who ruined the concert. Can you believe it? And now...I've shown the whole world the pictures.

Something inside of Jaejoong had crumpled.


It has finally happened, everyone. The truth has been revealed. Ba-dum. After so long, it's been discovered. How are you readers feeling? Thanks for all the wonderful comments, everyone! I truly appreciate it and I wish I could be less busy, so I can reply to each of you, but I can't. -.-' Mianhe! And sorry for updating so slowly. My apologies! Thanks again! ^-^