Betrayal

Star Catcher

JYJ Concert Details

Tickets Sold

Extra Talk

Dance Choerography

Band Music & Vocals

The list of topics went on and on. Sohee could barely read fast enough. She sighed and skimmed throughout the text, trying to find any topic that was related to her plan.

Sohee had snuck into CJES Entertainment's office with Jaejoong's keys. Fortunately, she'd found more of Jaejoong's work keys in his room, which helped her open the building's entrance door, as well as many other locked areas. Sohee had been quite nervous. If anyone'd caught her in the act, she would be charged and put into jail. After all, sneaking into a building was against the law.

Sohee had entered the data room, where cabinets, computers, and other technology had been placed. Now she was opening one computer, hoping that it had any information about the concert tickets.

After what seemed like hours, Sohee was ready to give up. She could not find anything good that was related to it. The Boss had ordered Sohee to find the file were all the concert tickets were held. He'd told Sohee to cancel all the tickets and erase all of the ticket buyers' data so that the concert would be recked. Sohee knew that it was risky and wrong, but she'd promised on behalf of her own job.

"If you don't, I will fire you from SM Entertainment." The Boss's words drifted through Sohee's mind once more. She took a deep breath.

Alright, Sohee. You can do this. Just act as though this is just another song that you're writing. Peform this task just like that.

She sighed and scrolled down the page again. Suddenly a word caught her eye. Contact Information. Without thinking, Sohee clicked on it, not wanting to waste any more time. Soon, a new page popped up on screen. Sohee gasped quietly when she saw people's names and credit card numbers, as well as other contact information.

This is it! she thought with joy. A smile was spreading across Sohee's face. She grinned and looked at the page with deep concentration, not knowing what to do next. I've found the right place. But what am I supposed to do now?

All you have to do is delete all of the tickets. That's all. Boss's voice returned in her mind. Blood rushed through Sohee's body. She felt nervous again. The consequences that JYJ would face. Every single pitiful thought rushed back to Sohee. This concert is worth a lot of money. A million fans will be joining together to see them sing on stage. And I will ruin that by deleting every single piece of data. Is it really worth it? Is it?

Sohee's hands trembled against the keyboard that was resting underneath her fingertips. She gave a low and deep sigh and stared right at the screen once more.

The mouse hand traveled to one button--delete all. Sohee's breathing became rushed as she closed her eyes.

Mianhe.

Then she clicked the button.

The names and lists were all gone, leaving Sohee with a blank computer screen to look at.

~ ~ ~

"I am very pleased with your work, Sohee," the boss said through the phone.

Sohee did not make any response.

The boss chuckled. "Now aren't you happy, dear? Your job is now not risked because of guilt for your friends. Doesn't it feel good to do an important job for your boss?"

No, it doesn't. Sohee thought. But she didn't say it aloud. "That's all I have to do, right? Nothing else, correct?"

The boss paused for a while before speaking. ". . . For now. I will give you more assignments when I think of more."

Sohee said goodbye and hung up. She didn't want to talk to Boss at all. It made her sick to be so obeying. But it was the only way to stick with her job. Sohee walked back to her room to sleep. (She had called the boss after arriving home.)

After a few hours of sleep, Sohee was awoken by an alarmed Jaejoong. He had burst into her room and crashed onto her bed, shaking her in frenzy.

Sohee blinked open her sleepy eyes and yawned. "What is it, Jae?"

Jaejoong's eyes were filled with sadness and disbelief. "Sohee, I can't believe this."

"W-What's up?" she asked, already having a feeling that she knew what he would say.

Jaejoong's depressed expression told all. "The JYJ concert has been cancelled."

"What?!" Sohee exclaimed in little attempt to seem shocked.

Jaejoong nodded. "All the contact information for the tickets have been mysteriously deleted. No one knows who did it or even why. In fact, people are investigating at the moment. Aish, can you believe it?"

"I can't," Sohee mumbled in sadness. She wrapped her arms around him, trying to calm him down (as well as herself). She was now feeling even more guilty.

"This concert had been planned for so many weeks. With so much preparation. And now, someone decided to do such a thing. Man, everything's ruined."

Sohee didn't know what to say. Except this:

"I'm sorry."