When You Leave

Star Catcher

...I was the one who ruined the concert. Can you believe it? And now...I've shown the whole world the pictures.

Jaejoong couldn't believe his eyes. Song Sohee, the girlfriend that he had loved so much, had been the one who did all those horible things to him and his friends. Jaejoong's hands shook. His fingers trembled as he reread the sentence over and over. The words paralyzed his eyes. Aniya. This can't be. I must be dreaming. Sohee would never do this to me. She wouldn't. She loves me. Jaejoong bit his lip. There's only one way to find out. He took a breath slowly and flipped through the rest of Sohee's diary.

~ ~ ~

Sohee smiled warmly at the bag of groceries in her hand. She could already predict the boys' reactions to an omrice dinner. All smiles and hugs. They loved her cooking. I wonder if I should make dessert as well? Sohee thought. Maybe chocolate cake? Or mango pudding? They loved my  blueberry cheesecake. Maybe a cake would be a good choice.

As Sohee's thoughts ran wild, a dark cloud in the sky covered the sun. Sohee frowned. "Aww, what happened? It was all sunny today. Is it going to rain soon?"

A middle-aged woman walked by and glanced at her. "Better get yourself an umbrella, dear. It looks like a storm is about to come."

Sohee smiled and thanked the woman, not knowing how true those words were going to be.

Sohee arrived home after a brief walk in the rain. She sighed at her hair. I better get myself a towel before I catch cold. As she opened the door, she peered in and smiled as she spotted the three boys standing in the kitchen with their backs toward her.

"Guess who's home, guys?" Sohee asked, grinning. She sat the bag of groceries on the kitchen table. "Your master chef, Song Sohee." She declared with a laugh.

After hearing no response, Sohee frowned, but didn't think much of it. Maybe they're being moody because they're hungry. I better ge stated on dinner. Sohee shuffled through the grocery bags and walked toward the refrigerator, ready to put away some things.

"Sohee..." Junsu said quietly, still turned away.

Sohee perked up. "Nae, Junsu?"

"Is it true?"

Sohee was confused by his question. She frowned. "What? What do you mean?"

Yoochun was the first to turn around and stare at her. With his cold and stony eyes. "I thought you were our friend, Sohee. I thought we were all family. But you've proved us wrong."

A shudder went through Sohee's body as she registered his words. No, I don't understand. Why are they acting like this? She tried to compose her face.

"W-What . . . are you guys talking about?" she mumbled. "I don't understa---"

"Don't even try to lie about it." Jaejoong said. He sounded angry and outraged.

Sohee was taken back by his tone. She gave him a worried look and gripped his arm. "Jae, what--"

Before she could finish, Jaejoong had shoved her arm away, making all the grocery bags fall to the floor. Sohee was stunned. She blinked and started to pick things up. Nobody moved nor helped her.

Jaejoong's eyes stayed guarded. "Stop."

Sohee's hands froze as she stopped and turned to look at her angry boyfriend. Jaejoong's lips were curled into a bitter frown.

"Don't pick them up. We don't need your food." He bitterly spoke.

Sohee's heart squeezed into heartbreak. She took a deep breath and spoke. "I don't understand, Jaejoong. Why are you guys--"

"Quit the act!" Jaejoong shouted, unable to hold it in any longer. "After so long, did you expect all your lies to hold up? Did you not expect me to read about your secrets in your little spy journal?! Huh?!"

Sohee's eyes widened as he held her journal up in his hand. "W-When did you look in my--"

"I can't believe we all fell for your lies! We all believed you when we shouldn't have! I can't believe I loved you!" he yelled. "And what was my consequence for loving you? The end of my career! If I hadn't found out, you would've hurt us all! You would've cheated all our money just for yourself. You're a selfish and evil women, Song Sohee!" Jaejoong said, throwing her journal onto Sohee's feet.

She blinked back tears as Jaejoong shouted. However, the tears continued to fall down Sohee's face. "Aniyo, Jaejoong-ah! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't want this to happen. I wanted to tell you. I swear! Please, just give me a chance to--"

"No." Jaejoong cut in. "I don't want to hear any more of your lies. It makes me sick. Just leave. Now."

"Jaejoong! D-Don't be like this!" Sohee sobbed, her eyes turning red from crying. "Please, let me explain! This isn't what it seems! Please, just let me stay. I love you. I always have. Don't you know that?"

Jaejoong turned away from her again, not replying. Sohee bit her lip, afraid of crying out loud. She couldn't believe that everything was falling apart so fast. She couldn't believe how Jaejoong could be so cold and throw her away like a piece of garbage. This can't be. I love him. This can't end like this! Sohee thought.

"Yoochun-ah..." she mumbled, staring at her former friend. Yoochun stared at her; expressionless.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore." he said, turning his head away.

More tears fell. Sohee wiped them away and stared at her high school friend.

"Junsu...?"

Junsu didn't even look at her. He just stared at the ground as he spoke. "Just leave, Sohee."

Sohee swallowed down her tears and nodded slowly, but nobody noticed. They were all looking away. She was about to head upstairs to pack up when she saw that her luggage had already been packed up, lying near the kitchen floor, like they couldn't wait for her to leave. Sohee picked up the grocery bags and laid them inside of the refrigerator. Then she grabbed her luggage and slowly headed toward the door. She paused and turned around.

"Everyone..." she began. "Thank you so much for treating me like...family. Thank you so much for all the great memories, for all the love and all the happiness that I've been given. You guys may not know it but...I've treausured those memories ever since I met you all." Sohee took a deep breath, wanting to cry all over again. "It w-was the best experience of my life, meeting you all. I want you guys to know...that I l-love you all very much. And...I'm s-so sorry to have caused all these troubles...all these horrible things. I don't expect any of you to forgive m-me. But...no matter what, you are all very important to me. And I'm so sorry. I love you guys. Goodbye."

Sohee's last words cracked as she tried to compose her tone. Hearing no response from any of them was even worse. There was no sounds, no reactions, as Sohee walked out of the door.

~ ~ ~

It took two hours of crying before all the tears stopped falling. Sohee laid her head on the bed tiredly. She was resting at a hotel near the airport. She was planning to leave Korea the next day. In fact, she'd already bought her ticket back to America. There was nothing left for her in Korea anymore. Her parents would be devastated to know that she was no longer working for SM anymore, though.

"~When your heart breaks, there is nothing that can be fixed. Now you think love's a trick, because I've made you lovesick. Are we over or are we done?~" Sohee sang as she wrote down the lines onto a sheet of paper. She sighed as she felt her eyes get moist. Not again...I've had enough crying. Sohee closed her eyes and tried to think of more lyrics without breaking down.

Maybe I shouldn't be writing about love right now... she thought. It only makes things worse, remembering it all. But...I always write about love. What else is there to write about? Sohee pondered this question, tapping her pencil against her chin. An idea came to her. Hey...Maybe I should write about that other problem I've been dwelling over...

~ ~ ~

"Hyung...are you...okay?"

"I'm fine, Junsu."

"Are you sure?"

"I said I'm fine!" Jaejoong snapped.

"M-Mianhe, hyung. I didn't mean to be so nosy." Junsu said quietly.

"I'm not saying you're nosy," Jaejoong said. "Just...Just stop asking me about it."

"Are you over her then?" Yoochun asked.

Jaejoong gave Yoochun a look. "I told you guys to stop asking me."


Thanks for reading, everyone! Wow, it's been so long since my update. I'm so sorry, guys. :( Recently, I've been sick and unable to update a lot. I will try my best to update more. Thanks for subscribing and commenting all this time!! I love you all!! X