Getting To Know

Star Catcher

"Wow! Such a beautiful view! I love it up here!" Sohee exclaimed.

They'd reached a high floor on the 63 Building. Sohee could see all the tall buildings. It was absolutely breath-taking. Like a tourist, Sohee took out her cell phone and started to snap some pictures.

"Noona, I'm glad you like it here." Junsu said.

"By the way, what floor is this?" Jaejoong asked.

"You don't know? Hyung, this is the 59th floor. Why are you so ignorant to the world sometimes?" Junsu said, annoyed.

"Junsu, that's mean!" Sohee scolded.

"I'm ignorant?!" Jaejoong said. He scoffed. "Speak for yourself, Junsu."

Junsu and Jaejoong gave each other stares, then turned away, cold-shoulders towards each other.

"Junsu, you shouldn't have said that." Sohee said, shaking her head.

"Why are you on his side?" Junsu complained.

"Relax, both of you." Yoochun said, patting Jaejoong and Junsu's shoulders.

"Junsu is jealous of me taking his noona away." Jaejoong said in a teasing voice.

"Yeah, right!" Junsu shouted.

Sohee sighed. "Let's just enjoy the view, okay?"

Everyone became silent, looking at the sight of Korea. But then Junsu broke the silence.

"Mianhe, Jaejoong. I didn't mean to say that."

Jaejoong continued to look out at the view. Am I supposed to respond to that? Because I have no answer.

"Hyung, the reason why I said that was because I . . . was putting my nerves out on you." Junsu confessed. Aish! This is so embaressing!

"What nerves?" Jaejoong asked.

Junsu blushed. "Uh, um, actually, I'm . . . afraid of heights."

Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Sohee blinked. "What?"

"Yes, I'm afraid of heights."

"Junsu, I'm the one afraid of heights." Yoochun said.

"Yeah," Jaejoong said. "When we did that concert in Japan, you weren't afraid of going up in the air on those machines."

Junsu nodded sheepishly. "Yes, but I'm afraid of really, REALLY tall heights. And this is really, really tall."

"Junsu, if you're so scared, why did you bring us here then?" Jaejoong asked.

Junsu blushed. "I . . . wanted Noona to be able to see this."

Sohee smiled. "Aww...Thank you, Junsu."

"You're welcome, Noona." Junsu said.

"Yoochun," Jaejoong said. "If you're afraid of heights, then, how come you seem so much more calmer than Junsu?"

"Hey!" Junsu complained.

Yoochun laughed. " I'm much more controllled than him, I guess."

Junsu pouted at Yoochun. "Whatever, let's go to the restaurant on the 58th floor, okay?"

"Finding an excuse to go to lower ground?" Jaejoong guessed.

"Of course not!" Junsu shouted. He grabbed Sohee's arm. "Let's go, Noona."

Sohee frowned. "Um, Junsu, I want to look here for a little longer."

"Um, alright." Junsu sighed.

"No, dongsaeng. You guys all go to the 58th floor, I'll come down soon." Sohee said. She didn't want them to stay for her, after all, that would mean Junsu and Yoochun had to face their fears some more.

"No, I'm fine-" Junsu started.

"You're not! Just go, okay? I'm coming soon." Sohee said, annoyed.

"Okay, let's go, Yoochun, Jaejoong." Junsu said, walking toward the elevators. Yoochun followed him, but not Jaejoong.

"I want to look at it for a while longer too." Jaejoong said, not moving.

"But-"

"Junsu, I'm not afraid of heights." Jaejoong teased.

Jaejoong heard Junsu say "Hmph." Then Yoochun and him went into the elevator and disappeared as the doors closed.

"This is beautiful, huh?" Jaejoong said.

Sohee nodded. "Yes."

"How is life in America?" he asked.

"Different from Korea." Sohee answered.

"Is your english good?" Jaejoong asked.

Sohee smiled. Then, in english, she said, "Very."

Jaejoong chuckled. "No accent, lucky."

Sohee laughed. "If you speak it more often, you won't have an accent."

"Probably. How long have you been in America?"

"Ever since I was 18." she said.

"And how old are you now?" he asked.

"Twenty-four. Almost twenty-five." Sohee sighed.

"I'm twenty-five myself, what's the big deal?" Jaejoong said, frowning.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude to you!" Sohee said quickly, bowing.

Jaejoong laughed. "Don't worry, I don't take it as rude." Sohee sighed in relief.

"So, you and Junsu have been friends for a long time." Jaejoong stated.

Sohee nodded. "Yes, even when I moved away."

"Wow, that's good to hear."

"Jaejoong, you are good friends with him, too, right?" Sohee asked.

Jaejoong nodded. "Ye, we are, I guess."

"I'm glad my dongsaeng is in good hands." Sohee smiled.

"You really care about him." Jaejoong observed. "I guess I should relax, then."

Sohee stared at him. "Wae?"

"Oh, I just had a weird feeling about you. I'm sorry about that." Jaejoong said.

Sohee's heart beat quicker. "Uh, what weird feeling? I don't understand." she lied.

"Well, I don't know. I just had this weird gut feeling that you were . . . suspicious, that's all. But now that I'm getting to know you, you seem alright. I was just worried for Junsu. Please forgive me." Jaejoong said.

"Um . . . yeah, it's alright. Just as long as I'm not suspicious. Heh, heh, heh." she pretended to laugh. He smiled and laughed with her.

Shoot! I looked suspicious to Jaejoong and I didn't even know! Sohee thought to herself. I've got to step up my game and be 'normal'.

"Well, let's go back now. I think Yoochun and Junsu will become nervous from being on the 58th floor." Jaejoong said, laughing.

Sohee laughed. "Yeah, let's go before they faint from nerves."

Sohee looked at the view once more before going into the elevator. If only I could be just Junsu's noona that is coming home to reunite, not a noona that is coming back to hurt him and his friends . . .