Bets

Star Catcher

"Yipee! I won! Ha ha ha, Yoochun!"

Yoochun sighed and facepalmed himself. "Urgh. Great."

Junsu and Yoochun were playing a game of cards in Junsu's living room table. Before the game, Junsu and Yoochun had decided to make a bet: Whoever lost the game would have to pay for lunch and dinner that day. Yes, they were both bored, which was the reason they made up the bet in the first place. And now Yoochun would have less money in his wallet because of it. Geez, I shouldn't have made this stupid bet. . .Yoochun thought with regret.

"Yoochun, I'm going to order something expensive for lunch! Kekeke!" Junsu laughed evilly.

"You-"

"Hee, hee, hee!" giggled Sohee.

Junsu and Yoochun turned around to see Sohee and Jaejoong at the kitchen table tickling each other playfully. Sohee tickled Jaejoong on the side of his stomach and he laughed hysterically.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha!" he laughed loudly. "S-Stop it, S-Sohee!!!"

Sohee continued to tickle him, but Jaejoong protected himself by tickling her back. Sohee was now the victim again.

Yoochun glanced at Junsu, who had wiped off his evil smile and was now replaced with a blank expression. Junsu turned his face back to the cards lying on their table and began collecting them together in a distracted way.

"Junsu," Yoochun said. "Are you alright?"

"What are you talking about? Of course I am." Junsu said.

"Ani, you're not. Look, you can tell me, Junsu. I'll listen. You've been like this for days."

Junsu smiled widely. "Heh heh. You're funny, Yoochun. I'm feeling fine. Besides, I just got 2 free meals! Who wouldn't be happy?!"

Yoochun shook his head and didn't say anything. He himself was also feeling down. Everytime he saw Jaejoong and Sohee together, he felt a pinch of jealousy. Yoochun was happy for the two, but he was still in love with Sohee. There was nothing he could do to stop himself from feeling envy.

At that moment, Sohee and Jaejoong walked over to Junsu and Yoochun. They were both still smiling from the tickling game.

"What are you guys doing?" Jaejoong asked.

"Nothing to do with tickling." Yoochun replied.

Sohee and Jaejoong blushed deep red. Junsu gave Yoochun a look. "Hyung, don't say it like that." Yoochun hyung is so nice. He always tries to help people feel better. . . by making other people feel bad. Which is wrong.  Junsu thought. But Junsu didn't know that Yoochun had said that to make himself feel better.

"Anyways," Junsu started. "We were playing cards and I won Yoochun, so now he has to pay me lunch and dinner."

Sohee laughed. "Aww. Poor Yoochun. I'm sure Junsu's not gonna pick something cheap. Hee, hee. How about this? Let's all go each lunch and dinner together. I'll pay for Yoochun's meals!"

"Mwuh?!" everyone else exclaimed.

Sohee blinked. "Hm?"

"Why would you pay for his meals?! He losed!" Junsu shouted.

"Yah! Don't sound so mad, Junsu." Sohee said, shaking her head at him. Junsu blushed at his own outburst.

"Sohee, you don't have to do that," Yoochun said. "I can pay for my own."

"Ani, I want to." Sohee stated.

"Fine. Then, I'm paying for Sohee's meals." Jaejoong said.

"Mwuh?!" everyone repeated.

"Ani, Jaejoong. You will not. I can pay for myself!" Sohee ordered.

"Pssh. Nope. I'm paying." Jaejoong said.

~ ~ ~

Even though everyone had claimed to pay, Junsu had felt guilty for not paying, so he paid for Jaejoong's. Which meant that basically everyone had paid.

"I guess that bet was useless." Yoochun snorted.

"Well, next time, maybe you shouldn't play bets that have no point." Jaejoong said with a smirk.

Junsu gave him a playful glare. "Yah, hyung, be thankful that I even paid for you."

Jaejoong chuckled. "Right. Gomawo."

When they drove back to Junsu's house that night, Junsu's parents were home (which was quite surprising since they were barely seen around the house).

"Oh! You 2 are here again?" Junsu's eomma said to Yoochun and Jaejoong.

"They come everyday now." Junsu's appa reminded.

"Ah, that's right. Well, they never used to come so often." Junsu's eomma said.

"W-We can leave if it's bothering you guys." Jaejoong said politely.

The pair shook thier heads. "Ani, we enjoy the company. But I think our house is quite boring for you all. Why don't you guys go on a trip or something?"

"A trip?" the youngsters repeated.

"Ye," Junsu's appa said. "Somewhere far away and exciting. You singers are on a break right now, right?"

"Well, we're not promoting until a few weeks later." Yoochun replied.

"Exactly! Go somewhere fun!" Junsu's eomma exclaimed.

Everyone stared at their leader. Jaejoong blinked. "Don't look at me. This stuff isn't my type of thing. Ask Junsu."

Junsu opened his mouth in surprise. "Mwuh? Me? How am I supposed to know where to go for vacation? And all of a sudden?"

"I. . .I have a request." Yoochun said.

"Really? Where do you wanna go?" Sohee asked.

"Japan."