Pain

Star Catcher

"What the hell did you do?!" Sohee yelled.

The boss laughed. "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" she snapped. "How did the media know that the pictures were related to JYJ? You obviously told them some how!"

Once again, a dark laugh echoed through Sohee's ears as her boss spoke through the phone. "Are you crazy, stupid, or both? I think both. Did you not expect me to somehow relate this to those three? The point of those dirty pictures were to shame them! Why wouldn't I put them in the spotlight?"

Sohee's mind tuned out the rest of his speech. Her thoughts swirled around her head. What the . . .? Song Sohee, you just committed the biggest mistake of your life! What is wrong with me???!!! She mentally screamed. Sohee, through all the blindness of her need of her songwriting career, had not realized one horrible thing about her boss's plan: the pictures would be posted everywhere, somehow blamed by JYJ. She hadn't thought of that. She had only thought that the dirty pictures would be thought of as a mysterious person's pictures. She didn't think anybody's names would be posted worldwide. She had been wrong.

"Yah, are you even listening? Yah, are we clear?"

Sohee's eyes snapped back to focus. "Ah, yes." she replied over the phone. "Of course." I don't want the Boss to think that I don't want to follow his instructions. But...now I feel absolutely terrible. Horrible. Evil. I feel like the devil's worst demon. But . . . what's done is done. I have to forget about it and pretend nothing happened. If Jaejoong finds out, I'll be in worst trouble.

"So, now, moving on to your next assignment," the boss continued. "I have wanted to--"

"Mwuh?!" Sohee exclaimed. "What next assignment?! There's more?!"

"Just when you prove to be a good spy, you have to do a foolish thing," her boss muttered. "But yes, new assignment. Were you even listening to me earlier?"

"What new assignment?" Sohee asked again. She didn't want to do anymore. She wanted to be over with all of the 'missions'.

The boss sighed and turned to the new topic. "Your new assignment is this: find out more about the saesang fan conflict that occurred in 2009. Bring the truth to light." (Note: This chapter takes place before the Saesang/JYJ videos came out.)

"What?" Sohee mumbled. "Such a thing has happened?"

"Aish, get with the program, Sohee. Our company has been currently investigating the topic. There's been rumors that there are recorded videos of JYJ abusing saesang fans. It'll be a big hit if the videos get leaked out to the public."

Sohee didn't know how many times she'd been so disgusted with the SM company's crazy obsession with taking down JYJ. When she first heard about her new spy job, she'd been disgusted, but had managed to just deal with it and obey her boss. But this was just too much. There were people constantly trying to hurt the boys. And not just any. Sohee's boys. The boys that she loved. She didn't want to live like this anymore. She knew that her latest mission had been pretty risky and also very hurtful to Jaejoong. But this was the last straw. Sohee had been trying her best to keep her patience. To keep her job. But now, she didn't want it anymore. Not if it would hurt the people that she loved. She had already hurt them herself.

The boss's voice continued to babble on. "And since you've been doing such a fine job with your spying, like deleting all those concert tickets and sneaking those pictures, I think that it would be great if you'd contribute to this newest plan as well. Although saesang fans are a little--"

"Shut. Up."

There was silence for a minute. " . . . Excuse me?"

"I said shut up." Sohee repeated.

"What the hell--"

"Do you not know what shut up means?"

"How dare you--"

"Shut up means this: cut the crap. I don't want to hear anymore of this nonsense ever again."

"Who do you think you are?" he yelled. "I'm the one with all the control of your job. If you even try to--"

"Not anymore," Sohee cut in. "I don't care anymore. I'm quitting."

"What?! Do you know what the hell you're saying?! Quitting not only means quitting spying, but also quitting your original job at--"

"I know."

"That means throwing away all the money that we give you, all the luxury you'll earn, all the fame that no other music company can give you."

"I know," Sohee repeated. "If that's what it takes, I'm quitting."

The boss laughed. "You think you're so smart. Well, let me tell you this. I'll make sure that JYJ knows all the things you've done for us as a spy. There will be no happy ending for you and Kim Jaejoong. I had a hunch that you had feelings for him."

Sohee hesitated for a second before regaining herself. "Go ahead. I'll make sure that I'll find my happy ending."

"You bi--"

Sohee turned off her phone before he could say another insanity. Not that she didn't say any herself. She usually wasn't the cursing type. She took a deep breath in and tried to calm down. I've done it. I've quit. I've quit my job. My job. The one thing that's been supporting my family and I this whole time. Oh snap. Have I lost my mind? Anya, Sohee thought to herself. It was the right choice. No more suffering. No more stress. Just me.

Bzz!! Bzz!! Sohee gasped softly before realizing that it was her phone vibrating. She squinted at the screen.

Mother?


Thank you for reading! We're getting to a big part of the story now!! Sohee has finally quit after so long! I apologize for putting so many cursing words in this chapter...(Believe me, I'm just like Sohee. I don't curse a lot.) But because of the tension and anger that's portrayed in here, I had to put some to show more emotions. Hope you guys enjoyed it! ^^